Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Raps don't actually fall apart - they trigger these meltdowns by themselves. They do the same thing almost every time this happens. Raps try to close the game earlier by milking clock with Lowry/DD ISO. The other team starts trapping high up top, leading to forced shots, turnovers and transition points the other way. It's very predictable. Whether it's Casey or Lowry calling the plays, I don't know. But it's maddening. They saved this game when Joseph came in because DeMar gave up the ball early on the next 2 possessions giving us a 2Pat dunk and a CoJo wide open 3. This team never learns... just move the damn ball.
    Oh that I completely agree with. We almost always do it to ourselves. It's very rarely the defence causing it. But whether its us or the defence I still consider it collapsing.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Btw guys Bruno's line in the championship game tonight

13/19 fg ... 5/7 3fg....31 pts ..11 rbs .. 4 blks
      Wow!
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DeRozan, Powell and Ibaka.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
          lol yeah you're not the only one. we max him. we got no cap room. and this team will SUCK for the duration of the contract.
          Tough decision for sure. Interested to see how this plays out.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is only the beginning for the Brazillian KD

Comment

That's actually an insanely good line... can he contribute next year tho? Did he win finals MVP then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Raps don't actually fall apart - they trigger these meltdowns by themselves. They do the same thing almost every time this happens. Raps try to close the game earlier by milking clock with Lowry/DD ISO. The other team starts trapping high up top, leading to forced shots, turnovers and transition points the other way. It's very predictable. Whether it's Casey or Lowry calling the plays, I don't know. But it's maddening. They saved this game when Joseph came in because DeMar gave up the ball early on the next 2 possessions giving us a 2Pat dunk and a CoJo wide open 3. This team never learns... just move the damn ball.
                They do learn though, overall - but you're absolutely spot on with how their late game breakdowns happen. Have to hope that 4th quarter was a massive wake up call. Time for another intense film session.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bruno! Bruno! Bruno!

What's "How u like me now fuckas!?!?" in Portuguese? Asking for a friend.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    That's actually an insanely good line... can he contribute next year tho? Did he win finals MVP then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No, siakam

Comment

• Jclaw for MVP

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        They chose Ibaka over Harden....we are now seeing they had 3 MVP players....thats insane.

I totally get that neither Harden and to lesser extent Russ were at that level but everybody was hyped that they were supposed to be the next young dynasty. They had already played in a championship....crazy to think that even before Harden was a Rocket, the Thunder made a Finals. I have no idea how management can let go of that and cant imagine how tough that feels as a OKC fan. Look at us with VC n TMac, now imagine even better players lol

Anyways not our problem but I just think they have done a much better job surrounding young, elite talent with veterans and a coach to guide them like Fox, Horry, Fisher, Phil etc did with Kobe and Shaq. I realize they couldnt likely get a coach (not GM lol) like Phil but a college coach and no vets...come on OKC, thats not how you build a championship team.
                        Agreed. Presti built a dynasty there solely through the draft. Of course when you look back now it was a mistake, but not even the Rockets knew how good Harden was going to be when they traded for him, Harden was young but he played terribly in the Finals in 2012, so they decided to trade him instead of paying him. To be honest, looking back, I would have traded Westbrook, I think Harden would have been a better fit beside KD than Westbrook.

Comment

• DeRozan, Powell and Ibaka. Ibaka was actually most consistently good, Powell was probably the biggest game changer, but have to hand it to DeMar, who did put up a couple stinkers, but had 4 great games that were instrumental in our wins and showed he could take a back seat and make plays when needed.

Other guys who played well - Lowry, JV, Tucker. Honourable mention to Wright and Pat for some key stints. Cory basically played well for the final 3 minutes of the series and that's it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan, last three games of the series:
                            27.7 ppg
                            51.7% FG
                            90.9% FT
                            5.3 rpg
                            4.7 apg
                            3.3 spg
                            3.7 TOs
                            +16.7 Net rating.
                            SUPERB.
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                              This is only the beginning for the Brazillian KD
                              Yeah he's counting against our cap. but plays only in D league.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Agreed. Presti built a dynasty there solely through the draft. Of course when you look back now it was a mistake, but not even the Rockets knew how good Harden was going to be when they traded for him, Harden was young but he played terribly in the Finals in 2012, so they decided to trade him instead of paying him. To be honest, looking back, I would have traded Westbrook, I think Harden would have been a better fit beside KD than Westbrook.
                                yeah that guy's great GM. but too many ball-dominant players though. they can't all play together. that's why they all left.

Comment

Working...
                                X