• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    JCLAW the real MVP

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      you're welcome.
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Hey, it was more interesting than it should have been, but they got the close out win on the road - tough to do.

DeMar was very good again. JV had a great first half, but then in the 2nd half only got to play with stupid lineups and struggled big time. Mind you, so did everyone else (again, with stupid lineups, but also some terrible decision making from our guards exacerbated by the moronic turtling from like the mid third quarter, an extreme we hadnt before even seen Casey stoop to). Lowry was OK, I guess. Powell too. Honestly not many guys had a very good night all told, so it is impressive they gutted out the win. Cory was garbage until the final 3 minutes, Wright was decent but sloppy, and barely played later. Tucker was good for stretches and bad for others. Same for Ibaka. Pat was decent, especially late like Cory. Carroll... we don't talk about him.

So, those stupid lineups. Hey Coach! Remember how in game 4 you cracked the Bucks' vaunted defence by rolling out only lineups that either featured three true ball handlers or a couple of passing big men? Allowing your team to break the traps and aggressive defence just by passing the ball quickly and initiating the attack against a recovering defence? Honestly, though, do you remember that? And his it worked for all of games 4 and 5 and the first half of game 6 and the first half of the 3rd Q of game 6, and then you decided to abandon that concept for the rest of the deciding game? Just for the hell of it?

Seriously, how is it that after two games of basically using Carroll and Tucker purely as PF's to guard Giannis and rolling some combination of Lowry, DeMar, Powell, CoJo and Wright as the back three slots in every lineup, you decide to abondon that in this crucial game? How does that happen? What the hell is with Tucker guarding anyone other than Giannis? And as such, playing the three on offence? Thus leaving our guards to be trapped, and requiring guys like JV to make plays from near the perimeter. It's like Casey decided he missed the feeling of game three and wanted to replicate it as much as possible. Holy crap, that was frustrating.

Then those closing lineups - again, Tucker at the three, causing all the same issues.

And OMG I thought we were last this turtling nonsense. How do you revert from a quick pass offence (that is the key to breaking the Milwaukee defence) to a stagnant isolation style offence with 18 fucking minutes left in the game??? As much as I hated Cory playing late (should be Powell or Wright instead in general, though Cory stepped up big in the final minutes), at least he gave the team that third ball handler and opened up the offence a bit. The plays by he and Pat late to seal the game were great.

Oh, and DeMar's clinching (-ish) dunk was insanity.

Anyway, as frustrating as the last half was, there were lots of encouraging signs early on in this one, and right at the end too. I'll take it. Bring on the Cavs.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Season was a success. Dont care how they do against Cavs.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Other than being in a coma there is no suitable excuse for that.
            I'm gonna be on a plane during games 2 and 4, and will probably be busy during game 3. I can't believe this timing.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Hey, it was more interesting than it should have been, but they got the close out win on the road - tough to do.

DeMar was very good again. JV had a great first half, but then in the 2nd half only got to play with stupid lineups and struggled big time. Mind you, so did everyone else (again, with stupid lineups, but also some terrible decision making from our guards exacerbated by the moronic turtling from like the mid third quarter, an extreme we hadnt before even seen Casey stoop to). Lowry was OK, I guess. Powell too. Honestly not many guys had a very good night all told, so it is impressive they gutted out the win. Cory was garbage until the final 3 minutes, Wright was decent but sloppy, and barely played later. Tucker was good for stretches and bad for others. Same for Ibaka. Pat was decent, especially late like Cory. Carroll... we don't talk about him.

So, those stupid lineups. Hey Coach! Remember how in game 4 you cracked the Bucks' vaunted defence by rolling out only lineups that either featured three true ball handlers or a couple of passing big men? Allowing your team to break the traps and aggressive defence just by passing the ball quickly and initiating the attack against a recovering defence? Honestly, though, do you remember that? And his it worked for all of games 4 and 5 and the first half of game 6 and the first half of the 3rd Q of game 6, and then you decided to abandon that concept for the rest of the deciding game? Just for the hell of it?

Seriously, how is it that after two games of basically using Carroll and Tucker purely as PF's to guard Giannis and rolling some combination of Lowry, DeMar, Powell, CoJo and Wright as the back three slots in every lineup, you decide to abondon that in this crucial game? How does that happen? What the hell is with Tucker guarding anyone other than Giannis? And as such, playing the three on offence? Thus leaving our guards to be trapped, and requiring guys like JV to make plays from near the perimeter. It's like Casey decided he missed the feeling of game three and wanted to replicate it as much as possible. Holy crap, that was frustrating.

Then those closing lineups - again, Tucker at the three, causing all the same issues.

And OMG I thought we were last this turtling nonsense. How do you revert from a quick pass offence (that is the key to breaking the Milwaukee defence) to a stagnant isolation style offence with 18 fucking minutes left in the game??? As much as I hated Cory playing late (should be Powell or Wright instead in general, though Cory stepped up big in the final minutes), at least he gave the team that third ball handler and opened up the offence a bit. The plays by he and Pat late to seal the game were great.

Oh, and DeMar's clinching (-ish) dunk was insanity.

Anyway, as frustrating as the last half was, there were lots of encouraging signs early on in this one, and right at the end too. I'll take it. Bring on the Cavs.
              I didn't even take in the fact that they went away from Tucker playing the 4 against Giannis. I did notice that we went away from the third ball handler though which mad absolutely no sense. Casey man, never seizes to amaze. And then he wonders why we always end up reverting back to iso ball.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• First half of the 2nd quarter 6 of the 10 players on the floor were point guards. The NBA in 2017!
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  We always make excuses when raptors fall apart. I'm tired of it. That should not have happened and they should all be embarrassed. I know Milwaukee was fighting for their life but we literally just stopped moving the ball and we do it ALL the time for no reason. How you expect to do anything against Cleveland when you cant hold a fucking lead for you life. Also Kyle needs to step it up and stop disappearing when the game gets tight. It's unacceptable.
                  You're right but you also have to lower your expectations to match reality.

This pattern has been a hallmark of the Casey tenure, outside of some regular season stretches.

Until we have a strategist/game-manager as coach, things aren't going to change. We don't have a transcendent superstar like LeBron or KD who can outperform bad tactics. That's hopefully going to be the focus for next year.

Comment

• So, who's ready to be destroyed by the Cavs?
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      So, who's ready to be destroyed by the Cavs?
                      The Cavs team that never won a game by double digits against a weak Pacers team? Those Cavs?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        The Cavs team that never won a game by double digits against a weak Pacers team? Those Cavs?
                        The Cavs team that has the second greatest player to ever play the game. Those Cavs.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Winning in 6 was huge.

I am more confident of scaring the Cav this year then last. Must attack inside, and defend pick and pop

Comment

The Cavs team that has the second greatest player to ever play the game. Those Cavs.
                            If we start PJ Bronstopper we have a chance. We can't afford big holes with Carroll starting.

We have edges at some positions and are actually deeper than them. Everything depends on how superhuman LeBron plays.

Also if Kyle can be 100% on D vs Kyrie. If his back is fucked so are we.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

As long as Casey starts JV and Tucker, I think we'll match up better against them than the Bucks. Lowry guards Kyrie, Tucker on Lebron, Ibaka on Love and JV battles down low for rebounds against TT. Can't go small against them or TT is going to dominate the glass, and I'd rather have Ibaka guarding Love than TT.

Comment

Working...
                                X