Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If we start PJ Bronstopper we have a chance. We can't afford big holes with Carroll starting.

We have edges at some positions and are actually deeper than them. Everything depends on how superhuman LeBron plays.

Also if Kyle can be 100% on D vs Kyrie. If his back is fucked so are we.
    Raptors need defence. I'm wondering if Toronto can overcome Lebron going off if they limit the other guys enough and score a lot on that weak Cavs defence.

I mean no one ever really slows Lebron down.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
      Winning in 6 was huge.

I am more confident of scaring the Cav this year then last. Must attack inside, and defend pick and pop
      On paper this should be a much more competitive series than last year.

Last year...

1. The Cavs were MUCH better defensively
      2. LeBron was a year younger and played less minutes, he now will have Tucker guarding him more than Carroll and there will be no lightweight Ross to throw around
      3. Serge can limit or challenge Love and Frye MUCH better while also keeping defences much more honest on DD
      4. Those 2 tough vets (Ibaka and Tucker) bring a new level of composure and focus to the team

But by far the biggest X-Factor is which Kyle Lowry shows up....if we get regular season Lowry to show up this can be a helluva showdown that the league wasn't expecting and could push LeBron & Co. to their limits. Whereas if we get this MIL series (and previous Playoffs) broken down and tentative Lowry, we won't be any closer than last year.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

As if I didn't hate them enough

Comment

• OT - Spurs just eliminated the Grizzlies. Vince Carter is a UFA after this season correct? bring him home?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              OT - Spurs just eliminated the Grizzlies. Vince Carter is a UFA after this season correct? bring him home?
              Yes.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan is the best Raptor ever. This is his team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Jeez Joey, 100% of the votes on one option, maybe we need a better question lol.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Jeez Joey, 100% of the votes on one option, maybe we need a better question lol.
                    I honestly did not expect a unanimous Vote here ... Haha
                    Have we EVER been in unanimous agreement about ANYTHING on this board?? Haha

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I didn't even take in the fact that they went away from Tucker playing the 4 against Giannis. I did notice that we went away from the third ball handler though which mad absolutely no sense. Casey man, never seizes to amaze. And then he wonders why we always end up reverting back to iso ball.
                      I think Casey just freezes up or something under pressure and thinks that going ISO is the safe, conservative thing to do. It's OK when the offense sputters to give it to Demar to go get a basket. And, sure, it's a great closing technique, but you can't start to close out a team for 18 damn minutes. That's insane.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        So, who's ready to be destroyed by the Cavs?

Comment

• well, i'm cooled down after last night but i'm still pretty infuriated with casey's second half coaching. when has running the clock EVER worked for us with more than 6 minutes left in the game? and yet, here's dwane casey putting a lineup with joseph as the primary ballhandler, and running no motion in the offence with 15 minutes left. no wonder we lost the lead.

Anyways, i think we have to start Tucker and JV against cleveland (i'm assuming they still start Love/Thompson in the frontcourt) or else we're going to get destroyed by lebron and rebounding. The one thing about lebron vs. giannis is that tucker should be able to keep him off the glass alone, and he's not usually crashing. The cavs don't have the length that milwaukee does, so i'm looking to go inside with our guards and with pick and rolls with JV. Hope lowry will be healed up and take some pride in defending because otherwise it doesn't matter which big we put at the 5, we're getting PnR-ed to death. Match the 2pat/JV sub to the thompson/frye subs and see where it goes.

All academic if we don't move the ball, though. if we play tentatively like we did in the 2nd half last night, we're toast anyway.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I honestly did not expect a unanimous Vote here ... Haha
                            Have we EVER been in unanimous agreement about ANYTHING on this board?? Haha
                            Well maybe if Giannis had been an option, we would have seen more discrepancy in the votes lol
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• And I didn't even vote yet..... hmmmm who should I pick? lol

Demar for sure! He was amazing in round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                well, i'm cooled down after last night but i'm still pretty infuriated with casey's second half coaching. when has running the clock EVER worked for us with more than 6 minutes left in the game? and yet, here's dwane casey putting a lineup with joseph as the primary ballhandler, and running no motion in the offence with 15 minutes left. no wonder we lost the lead.

Anyways, i think we have to start Tucker and JV against cleveland (i'm assuming they still start Love/Thompson in the frontcourt) or else we're going to get destroyed by lebron and rebounding. The one thing about lebron vs. giannis is that tucker should be able to keep him off the glass alone, and he's not usually crashing. The cavs don't have the length that milwaukee does, so i'm looking to go inside with our guards and with pick and rolls with JV. Hope lowry will be healed up and take some pride in defending because otherwise it doesn't matter which big we put at the 5, we're getting PnR-ed to death. Match the 2pat/JV sub to the thompson/frye subs and see where it goes.

All academic if we don't move the ball, though. if we play tentatively like we did in the 2nd half last night, we're toast anyway.
                                Half the team in their postgames admitted they built the lead moving the ball, lost it by holding it, won by moving it. Really hope that game finally pounds that lesson into their heads.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X