Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are finally here: Eastern Conference Playoffs - Bracket Watch and Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    THERE IS NO H IN WIZARDS

Rhaps in 4
    Yes...it's right there between the "W" and the "I"
    Will use bigger font next time if it's hard to see..

WHIZ
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 14, 2017, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    It's basically impossible to prove anything on this topic. Even if fouls are called at a higher per minute rate, if they are actually committed at an insanely high rate but mostly not called, the evidence would show an increase in fouls called even though there is actually a relative decrease.
    So the answer is maybe more fouls are called in the playoffs. but maybe more fouls are committed in the playoffs. But maybe the ratio of fouls committed to fouls called is much different in the playoffs. Or maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I voted all favourites, because odds are the favourite will win each series. Odds are probably 50-50 one series will have an upset, but whatever.

This is probably true, but opposite to the way most people perceive it. I think MORE fouls are called. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do.
    It's basically impossible to prove anything on this topic. Even if fouls are called at a higher per minute rate, if they are actually committed at an insanely high rate but mostly not called, the evidence would show an increase in fouls called even though there is actually a relative decrease.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    I voted all favourites, because odds are the favourite will win each series. Odds are probably 50-50 one series will have an upset, but whatever.

Fouls aren’t called at the same rate as in the regular season
    This is probably true, but opposite to the way most people perceive it. I think MORE fouls are called. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    The Cavaliers remind me a lot of the year when we were swept by the Wizards. I could be wrong but I don't recall anyone thinking we would even lose the series, let alone getting swept. We had a rough second half to the season and went into the playoffs playing some of our worst basketball all season, and yet most of us felt they could turn it around based on our previous playoff experience. It's eerily similar to the Cavaliers' situation. That said they do still have the NBA's best player so I don't think they'll be swept because the Pacers aren't that great of a team. If I recall the Wizards still took 2 games from the Hawks in the 2nd round including one game in Atlanta.

But I just don't see the Cavs being as sharp as we've seen in the past and it's not as simple as a quick players only meeting (which they've already tried) to turn it all around, especially during the playoffs. It could take 6 or 7 games to beat the Pacers, and then they'll come up against our Raptors, who have played very well in the last 20-25 games -- imo our best ball of the season.

It'll be interesting to see in the 2nd round, if Lebron can transcend over the Cavaliers' poor play. I mean, he is an unbelievable ball player but he still just one man, not a dictator, not a magical being that can spread his powers over his teammates.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    THERE IS NO H IN WIZARDS

Rhaps in 4

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I wanted to get this thread up and running early so this is a very late edit on the matchups. For transparency.. I am a heart on the sleeve homer Raps fan and I hate the Celtics more than taxes. I am neutral on all the other teams in the playoffs.

Raps vs Bucks. There is going to be a lot of talk around the Alphabet. Its warranted. He is a really good young player. He is going to be great player when he starts to put some old man strength into that torso. But in the here and now he is the third best player in this series behind Lowry and Demar regardless of what you read in the US based media hubs. Along with Alphabet and running the point and handling the ball in the half court on offense is Malcom Brogdon, a rookie out of UVa. He has a lot of promise and has had a good season.. but the operant word here is rookie, Kyle Lowry is a veteran and an all star. If form holds true its hard to see Brodgon getting a friendlier whistle or outplaying the savy Lowry. So with the two best players in the series, with a pronounced edge in physicality on defense and with Bucks having a rookie run the point it looks pretty good for the Raptors.

Lebrons vs Pacers Bulls at CelticsWhiz at Hawks:
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 14, 2017, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbsspo...-brackets/amp/

And we have another Raptors over Cavs pick! Ethan Skolnic, our good friend Matt Moore doesn't think we will fair as well.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Which podcast did he talk about the playoffs in? Is it a recent one? Will download it when I get a chance.
    His recent mailbag he mentioned that he thinks the raptors will beat Cleveland. He also mentioned it a little bit in his podcast with Joe House a week ago. So the last two he mentions the raptors a little bit.

If you search Google you can just listen to them online.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's Wade's official status? Will he be playing?
    He came back the same time Lowry did

He's played 3 games alredy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    Raptors in 5
    Bulls in 7
    Cavs in 5
    Wizards in 7

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    I need a transcript of what was said. Can't listen while at work
    Machine wrote: View Post
    Me too! Lol leaving soon tho
    Steve says that the Raptors give the Cavs the most matchup problems out of the top teams in the East. Guards + big men = good stuff

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    I need a transcript of what was said. Can't listen while at work
    Me too! Lol leaving soon tho

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Our man Bill Simmons has gone as far as to predict we win, on more than one of his podcasts. He also thinks the Celtics are gonna lose in the first round.
    Which podcast did he talk about the playoffs in? Is it a recent one? Will download it when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    This tells me that Steve Smith actually watches the games. Not like the guys on TNT(Shaq, Chuck and Kenny) or ESPN where they just keeps hyping up the Celtics and the Wizards as the team that would give the Cavs the most trouble.
    Our man Bill Simmons has gone as far as to predict we win, on more than one of his podcasts. He also thinks the Celtics are gonna lose in the first round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X