Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are finally here: Eastern Conference Playoffs - Bracket Watch and Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbsspo...-brackets/amp/

And we have another Raptors over Cavs pick! Ethan Skolnic, our good friend Matt Moore doesn't think we will fair as well.

Comment

I wanted to get this thread up and running early so this is a very late edit on the matchups. For transparency.. I am a heart on the sleeve homer Raps fan and I hate the Celtics more than taxes. I am neutral on all the other teams in the playoffs.

Raps vs Bucks. There is going to be a lot of talk around the Alphabet. Its warranted. He is a really good young player. He is going to be great player when he starts to put some old man strength into that torso. But in the here and now he is the third best player in this series behind Lowry and Demar regardless of what you read in the US based media hubs. Along with Alphabet and running the point and handling the ball in the half court on offense is Malcom Brogdon, a rookie out of UVa. He has a lot of promise and has had a good season.. but the operant word here is rookie, Kyle Lowry is a veteran and an all star. If form holds true its hard to see Brodgon getting a friendlier whistle or outplaying the savy Lowry. So with the two best players in the series, with a pronounced edge in physicality on defense and with Bucks having a rookie run the point it looks pretty good for the Raptors.

Lebrons vs Pacers Bulls at CelticsWhiz at Hawks:
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 14, 2017, 12:34 AM.
      Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

Comment

THERE IS NO H IN WIZARDS

Rhaps in 4

Comment

The Cavaliers remind me a lot of the year when we were swept by the Wizards. I could be wrong but I don't recall anyone thinking we would even lose the series, let alone getting swept. We had a rough second half to the season and went into the playoffs playing some of our worst basketball all season, and yet most of us felt they could turn it around based on our previous playoff experience. It's eerily similar to the Cavaliers' situation. That said they do still have the NBA's best player so I don't think they'll be swept because the Pacers aren't that great of a team. If I recall the Wizards still took 2 games from the Hawks in the 2nd round including one game in Atlanta.

But I just don't see the Cavs being as sharp as we've seen in the past and it's not as simple as a quick players only meeting (which they've already tried) to turn it all around, especially during the playoffs. It could take 6 or 7 games to beat the Pacers, and then they'll come up against our Raptors, who have played very well in the last 20-25 games -- imo our best ball of the season.

It'll be interesting to see in the 2nd round, if Lebron can transcend over the Cavaliers' poor play. I mean, he is an unbelievable ball player but he still just one man, not a dictator, not a magical being that can spread his powers over his teammates.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

I voted all favourites, because odds are the favourite will win each series. Odds are probably 50-50 one series will have an upset, but whatever.

Fouls aren’t called at the same rate as in the regular season
            This is probably true, but opposite to the way most people perceive it. I think MORE fouls are called. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              I voted all favourites, because odds are the favourite will win each series. Odds are probably 50-50 one series will have an upset, but whatever.

This is probably true, but opposite to the way most people perceive it. I think MORE fouls are called. If anyone can prove me wrong, please do.
              It's basically impossible to prove anything on this topic. Even if fouls are called at a higher per minute rate, if they are actually committed at an insanely high rate but mostly not called, the evidence would show an increase in fouls called even though there is actually a relative decrease.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                It's basically impossible to prove anything on this topic. Even if fouls are called at a higher per minute rate, if they are actually committed at an insanely high rate but mostly not called, the evidence would show an increase in fouls called even though there is actually a relative decrease.
                So the answer is maybe more fouls are called in the playoffs. but maybe more fouls are committed in the playoffs. But maybe the ratio of fouls committed to fouls called is much different in the playoffs. Or maybe not.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  THERE IS NO H IN WIZARDS

Rhaps in 4
                  Yes...it's right there between the "W" and the "I"
                  Will use bigger font next time if it's hard to see..

WHIZ
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 14, 2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Maybe since we finally beat them the Chicago curse will move on to a fellow Atlantic division victim
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

How many people picked the Bulls only because "F*ck Boston"? haha *Raises Hand*

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        How many people picked the Bulls only because "F*ck Boston"? haha *Raises Hand*
                        Right here...it's the lesser of two evils to cheer for....
                        Still of the 4 Eastern series..this is the one with plausible upset probabilities..

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          What's Wade's official status? Will he be playing?
                          Yeah he was practising and he is active .... he will play

Comment

I really think the Hawks will win over the Wiz. I also think there is a punchers chance that Bulls make it.

Raptors will win against the bucks but they need to win in 5 games... and I think they can. We are a more experienced team. We are a better team. Aside form Giannis we have advantages at every spot. Yes Middleton is good ... very underrated and if we had him instead of demarre (couldn't because he was a RFA), we would probably be favorites to win it all. Here are my hot takes for that series for us:

Lowry: They have no answer for our #1 shotmaker and play maker. Their point guard is a rookie. Yes they have Delly but he is on the bench and they will over play Jason Terry and it will come back to bite them.

Derozan: Derozan has seen it all this season. I think it will take him a game or two to figure it out but he will figure it out. That said I don't think he will be the one "going off". That said I have faith in Derozan now. He has learned not to force his shot any more. He has become more of a distributor and I think he will pick his spots wisely and not force the issue like last year vs Indiana.

Ibaka: I feel like we focus on Demar and Kyle. We keep forgetting Ibaka. He has been like an allstar version of 2Pat and thats exactly what we needed. In addition to that he brings the rim protection. He also brings something that they won't be able to beat. We can play small ball and beat them with Ibaka at the 5. I don't think they have answer for Ibaka.

Rebounding: We can dominate them on the boards. Yes they are a long team but they are in experienced and we have bigger guys. Guys like Jakob and Jonas can help us bang down low. The second they put out Greg Monroe they are done.

Bench: This is our biggest strength with Ppat, Delon, Corey, and the rest of the gang I think we have a slight advantage here as well.

Defence: We have the 4th best NBA defence since the break. They are not in the top 10 in either of their metrics. I think that we have more fire power and we have the talent to stop them. It will be a hard fought series, but we can beat them in 5.

All in all I think Ibaka is our x-factor in this series. We have all long talked about our advantages but I have seen people miss out on our advantage at the 4/5 spot. I think everyone talks about how ibaka will help our defence but they dont remember how much of a boon he has had on our offence. He can get you a steady 16 points and 7 rebounds without even thinking about it.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Right here...it's the lesser of two evils to cheer for....
                              Still of the 4 Eastern series..this is the one with plausible upset probabilities..
                              Agreed. If Rondo focuses and has a good series, Bulls have a good shot at winning. I mean Isaiah will be guarded by Rondo or Butler.

Comment

This is so disrespectful though lol

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X