Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are finally here: Eastern Conference Playoffs - Bracket Watch and Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are finally here: Eastern Conference Playoffs - Bracket Watch and Who Ya Got ?

They are finally here !
    The Brackets are set and the NBA doesn't reseed.
    So a poll will give a voting shot at the first round.. which I will post ...

Raps vs Bucks

Cavs vs Pacers

Whiz vs Hawks

Bulls vs Celtics

I am taking the Raps, Paul George and the Pacers to take the struggling Lebrons in a monster upset, the Hawks to take the Whiz whose defense is poor and Wall can't keep his composure when the going gets tough and the Bulls to beat the Chowderheads primarily because I just can't pick cheer for the Celts

We can comment away on the semi's and finals..
    RAPTORS
    24.20%
    BUCKS
    1.91%
    LEBRONS
    22.93%
    PACERS
    1.91%
    WHIZARDS
    18.47%
    HAWKS
    5.73%
    CELTICS
    8.92%
    BULLS
    15.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 13, 2017, 11:27 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

I really think the Celtics are going to struggle against the Bulls. I love that match-up actually. Only upset in round 1.. might go 7 games though.

I have the Raptors, Lebrons and Wizards getting to round two though.

Comment

1st Round:
      Raptors
      Wizards
      Celtics
      Cavaliers

Semis:
      Raptors
      Wizards

East Finals:
      Raptors

Finals:
      Raptors get dismantled by Golden State/Spurs

Comment

I'm going with a pair of 1st round upsets. Hawks and Bulls make it through.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I'm going with a pair of 1st round upsets. Hawks and Bulls make it through.
          As the saying goes.. Great Minds think alike or idiots seldom differ..
          I picked the Bulls and Hawks to upset as well...
          Hoping we look like Great Minds ..
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            As the saying goes.. Great Minds think alike or idiots seldom differ..
            I picked the Bulls and Hawks to upset as well...
            Hoping we look like Great Minds ..
            You also picked the Pacers. Seems Demographic is going for the power of positive thought over rationality lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              You also picked the Pacers. Seems Demographic is going for the power of positive thought over rationality lol
              I will stand tall as a great predictor ..or...look like ...something else.

This is the year the NBA playoffs go off form...
              - TGO

Comment

Just for kicks, I'm taking two upsets. The Hawks could beat the Wizards - the Wiz have cooled off of late, and if the Hawks catch fire...

And I'm picking the Bulls to beat the Celtics because that would be DELICIOUS.

I think the LeBrons get out of round one.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Just for kicks, I'm taking two upsets. The Hawks could beat the Wizards - the Wiz have cooled off of late, and if the Hawks catch fire...

And I'm picking the Bulls to beat the Celtics because that would be DELICIOUS.

I think the LeBrons get out of round one.
                  Ballsy.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, I went with the prevailing wisdom on the Bulls upsetting the Celts. I think Raptors win in 5 or 6, Cavs and Wizards win in 6 or 7, and Bulls/Celts will be a game 7 tossup. Bulls' bruising, physical style of play, and swarming offensive rebounding is going to be really tough for the Celtics, and Butler defending Thomas for stretches could be a huge issue. A lot will come down to the Celtics' supporting cast being able to score, and I just don't think they have the pieces. That said, I do think Stevens is the better coach in this series, but that roster has big weaknesses that are hard to cover.

Comment

I so want Boston to lose to Chicago, but I'm picking all four higher seeds to advance, Raps-Wizards in the conference finals with the Raptors making the finals because blind homerism.

Then we get beat in 5 by Golden State
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Raps, Cavs, Hawks, Celtics

Comment

Celtics and Bulls is going to be a tough one. Isaiah will be defended by Rondo and most likely Butler at times. I do hope they lose but I think they'll win in 6 or 7 in a competitive series.

Comment

So glad we're not playing the Bulls in the first round. They have no 3pt shooting but Butler can go off.. and Rondo is a lot better than he was early in the season. He can steal a game for them just by picking a part the Celtics defense.

I believe Wade is back too.

It's too bad they traded Taj and McBuckets.. both those guys would have helped against a series like this.

Comment

Come on Bulls! Start a new curse on the Celtics like they did to us!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X