Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chris Paul any better than Kyle Lowry?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better player - Lowry or Conley?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      My rankings are as such

Curry
      Harden
      Westbrook
      Paul

Wall
      Lowry
      Conley
      Lillard
      Irving
      Thomas

Mike conley is severely underrated
      He's this generations Tony Parker

Comment

Does basketball still need pass-first point guards?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Better player - Lowry or Conley?
          Regular season? Lowry by a bit

Playoffs? Conley by a lot
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

My rankings are as such

Curry
            Harden
            Westbrook
            Paul

Wall
            Lowry
            Conley
            Lillard
            Irving
            Thomas

Mike conley is severely underrated
            I would say Curry and Westbrook are better players, but Paul is the better point guard (does that make sense?)

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Does basketball still need pass-first point guards?
              Did it ever? 3 of the greatest point guards ever, all pass first guys- paul, nash and stockton- 0 titles, what 1 finals appearance combined?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Chris Paul is the LeBron James of point guards. That is, if you put him on any team (with any coach, and any combination of players), he drastically improves the team.

Lowry, seems to need a system (and surrounding players) that best suits his skills, in order to play at his best.
                Not trying to throw shade at Chris Paul, more wanting to point out how stacked the PG situation is in the NBA right now, BUT I don't think Paul drastically improves the following teams...

1) Warriors - Swap Paul for Curry
                2) Rockets - Swap Paul for Harden
                3) Memphis - Swap Paul for Mike Conely
                4) Raptors - Swap Paul for Lowry
                5) Jazz - Swap Paul for George Hill
                6) Thunder - Paul for Westbrooke
                7) Wizards - Paul for John Wall
                8) Cavs - Paul for Kyrie Irving
                9) Portland - Paul for Lillard

I also don't think any of those teams trade their guy for CP3 straight up, with the possible exception of Utah with Hill. I even think Clippers would trade CP3 for John Wall in a heartbeat, and Wizards would hang up immediately.

Sure, Paul is an upgrade over most of those guys, but I don't think any of those teams are drastically improved if you swap out their current PG with Paul. And a few of them might be worse, because they've built themselves around their current guy. Sure Paul was ranked as a top 6 PG all time, (in one random article), but he was still listed behind Curry, and hasn't been mentioned in MVP voting in years, whereas Steph, Harden, Westbrooke, even Lowry, has had more MVP shine.

The point I'm trying to make is that even if you have the best player at PG you are not going to have that big of an advantage on a night to night basis because there are so many really good to great PG's right now.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I would say Curry and Westbrook are better players, but Paul is the better point guard (does that make sense?)
                  It does make sense, and I agree

Comment

Regular season? Lowry by a bit

Playoffs? Conley by a lot
                    Overall.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      Not trying to throw shade at Chris Paul, more wanting to point out how stacked the PG situation is in the NBA right now, BUT I don't think Paul drastically improves the following teams...

1) Warriors - Swap Paul for Curry
                      2) Rockets - Swap Paul for Harden
                      3) Memphis - Swap Paul for Mike Conely
                      4) Raptors - Swap Paul for Lowry
                      5) Jazz - Swap Paul for George Hill
                      6) Thunder - Paul for Westbrooke
                      7) Wizards - Paul for John Wall
                      8) Cavs - Paul for Kyrie Irving
                      9) Portland - Paul for Lillard

I also don't think any of those teams trade their guy for CP3 straight up, with the possible exception of Utah with Hill. I even think Clippers would trade CP3 for John Wall in a heartbeat, and Wizards would hang up immediately.

Sure, Paul is an upgrade over most of those guys, but I don't think any of those teams are drastically improved if you swap out their current PG with Paul. And a few of them might be worse, because they've built themselves around their current guy. Sure Paul was ranked as a top 6 PG all time, (in one random article), but he was still listed behind Curry, and hasn't been mentioned in MVP voting in years, whereas Steph, Harden, Westbrooke, even Lowry, has had more MVP shine.

The point I'm trying to make is that even if you have the best player at PG you are not going to have that big of an advantage on a night to night basis because there are so many really good to great PG's right now.
                      I think this speaks to how good some of these teams are, even before looking at the PG position.

But what if we have the choice of adding Lowry or Paul to the 76ers? Which scenario would produce more wins? I would lean towards Paul.

Comment

Is Chris Paul is better than Kyle Lowry? Yes.

Better question: Can you win in the playoffs with a 6 ft PG as your best player?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Overall.
                          Its basically a tie imo. Lowry a slightly better shooter, team defender, rebounder, loose ball hawk. Conley much faster, 1 on 1 defense, more consistent, younger. Really just depends who you ask but it's kinda like harden or russ.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Better question: Can you win in the playoffs with a 6 ft PG as your best player?
                            Why not?

The Pistons won 2 championships with Isiah Thomas as their best player.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

If bigger point guards had any post game these days, Lowry's lack of size would be a concern.

Comment

If bigger point guards had any post game these days, Lowry's lack of size would be a concern.
                                Haha....Magic Johnson isn't coming back anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                                X