So who are you cheering for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    You don't think that two teams sweeping their way to the finals year after year would hurt the sport? I don't see how it wouldn't.
    I mean in the world of sports the regular season was probably the most talked about of any sport. Even when everyone knew the whole year it was going to be Cavs vs Dubs, the season is largely defined by individual accomplishments of players like Westbrook, Harden, Giannis, Thomas, DeRozan, Booker's 70 point game, Klay scoring 60 with 11 dribbles, etc. No other league consistently has such incredible individual performances. I think the league has recognized this and been able to build on this success by making players accessible with encouraging players to use social media and humanize some of these guys. The league will be fine.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Honestly I don't blame KD or GSW at all too like a lot of people do. Its not their job to take into account the competitive balance of the league, but to win games. The fact that the cap spike corresponded to the same time KD was a free agent and GS was in a position to sign him coming off the best regular season ever is still an amazing coincidence to me, but the league/owners could have taken this all into account better by gradual increases of the cap (which had been talked about). Always seemed to me that owners wanted the TV money asap without considering possible repercussions and now everyone wants to whine about the repercussions. For every super team like GS, there is a Brooklyn/Sacramento/Orlando etc. who screws their fan base over with inept management; we have decided GS is not alright and laugh at the stupidity of Sacramento. Sorry to go on a rant lol, really had nothing to do with your post now that I reread, but I know the parity criticisms are on the way lol.
      I don't blame the warriors, their job is to win. I cant help but fault Durant. His job is to win, make money, but also let's face it, his job is to create the "Kevin Durant Legacy".

It is entirely realistic he still could have won champioships with okc at some point, or if he didn't like it there, could have with Boston, san antonio, heck even the Toronto raptors. He would have been heralded as a hero. He's painted himself into a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" corner. Even if he wins, it'll be remembered as a team that was already historically great and cheapens the accomplishment significantly.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cavaliers up 113 to 107 with 3 minutes to play!

Cavaliers lose 118 to 113

Tale of the big guns tonight - Curry had 26, Thompson 30, and Durant 31 (so 87 total), while Irving had 38, and Lebron had 39

Comment

• Fuck these playoffs.

Comment

• Comment

• Cavs fans

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I mean in the world of sports the regular season was probably the most talked about of any sport. Even when everyone knew the whole year it was going to be Cavs vs Dubs, the season is largely defined by individual accomplishments of players like Westbrook, Harden, Giannis, Thomas, DeRozan, Booker's 70 point game, Klay scoring 60 with 11 dribbles, etc. No other league consistently has such incredible individual performances. I think the league has recognized this and been able to build on this success by making players accessible with encouraging players to use social media and humanize some of these guys. The league will be fine.
                There were some great stories during the regular season, but come on. The playoffs is what we all look forward to and they have sucked for the most part. If Cav's get swept in the playoffs I'd love to hear what other sports start saying about the NBA and level of competitiveness.

Comment

• Tristan is avg. 2.7 pts and 3.7 rebs in the Finals.

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Carmelo Anthony

Proud to be without a ring

Comment

• I don't really get the Durant hate.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I don't really get the Durant hate.
                          I get it, but I disagree with the hate. I'm not saying all, but a lot of the people who mock Durant would have done the same thing in his situation.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I don't really get the Durant hate.
                            It's how he basically bought a ring, like he cheated. It just feels so cheap. They were already a historically great team, historically great offense, and 2017 title favorite before KD. You're supposed to compete for a title, like jordan or bird or yes even LeBron. I don't know how KD could feel like he overcame any competitive obstacles to earn this.

It's like he couldnt win the video game in pro mode so he started a new season and finally won by changing it to rookie mode.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's how he basically bought a ring, like he cheated. It just feels so cheap. They were already a historically great team, historically great offense, and 2017 title favorite before KD. You're supposed to compete for a title, like jordan or bird or yes even LeBron. I don't know how KD could feel like he overcame any competitive obstacles to earn this.

It's like he couldnt win the video game in pro mode so he started a new season and finally won by changing it to rookie mode.
                              The way he did it was just an absolute slap in the face to competitors everywhere. Even LeBron never pulled this shit, sure he went to the heat but the heat weren't already a championship calibre team before he got there.

Comment

Yeah I don't see it that way. It's not like one of those aging vets that sign on with a contender in Feb to try and get a ring - which is buying a ring in my view.

He wanted to be a part of something bigger and play beautiful basketball. He has worked hard on D and shared the ball fantastically, so he's earned that ring.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X