Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why do you give Lowry a pass for his playoffs performances but, not Deebo? If anything Deebo was our best player this playoffs. I'm not saying Lowry is the problem but, he has to show up in the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Because Lowry elevates the team outside of his scoring while DeMar hinders it with his style of play. I said this multiple times already. If he adds a 3 to his game, his value in the playoffs jumps up quite a bit. Right now he's a ball stopper who only shoots 2's on low efficiency in the playoffs. You just can't have a good offense with that kind of player eating up so many possessions. It's impossible.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Because Lowry elevates the team outside of his scoring while DeMar hinders it with his style of play. I said this multiple times already. If he adds a 3 to his game, his value in the playoffs jumps up quite a bit. Right now he's a ball stopper who only shoots 2's on low efficiency in the playoffs. You just can't have a good offense with that kind of player eating up so many possessions. It's impossible.
      Right cause no team has ever won a championship with high volume scoring wing player that can't shoot 3s.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• IMO it's crucial that he adds a 3point shot in his game. Also needs to work a little harder on D. I know he'll never be a good defender but at least move your feet.

No one's talking about it but Khris Middleton ate him alive in the playoffs last year. Everything changed when Casey decided to put Powell on Middleton. Powell locked him up.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          IMO it's crucial that he adds a 3point shot in his game. Also needs to work a little harder on D. I know he'll never be a good defender but at least move your feet.

No one's talking about it but Khris Middleton ate him alive in the playoffs last year. Everything changed when Casey decided to put Powell on Middleton. Powell locked him up.
          DeRozan's struggles on defence have always been there and I hold out very little hope he'll ever improve there.

Same goes for his three point shooting. For all the talk, he's shown basically zero growth in his three point range over the past 4 years. The corner three has always been within his range, and the above the break has always been outside of it.

The one area where he's shown improvement in the past few seasons, and IMO could show even more significant improvement yet, is his awareness and passing. If he becomes a quicker and better decision-maker, that solves a lot of the issues with the play style - because that descriptor of "ball stopper" would no longer apply, in theory.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Right cause no team has ever won a championship with high volume scoring wing player that can't shoot 3s.

Are you going to name Jordan and Kobe?

Comment

Are you going to name Jordan and Kobe?
              D wade and Rip Hamilton.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                DeRozan's struggles on defence have always been there and I hold out very little hope he'll ever improve there.

Same goes for his three point shooting. For all the talk, he's shown basically zero growth in his three point range over the past 4 years. The corner three has always been within his range, and the above the break has always been outside of it.

The one area where he's shown improvement in the past few seasons, and IMO could show even more significant improvement yet, is his awareness and passing. If he becomes a quicker and better decision-maker, that solves a lot of the issues with the play style - because that descriptor of "ball stopper" would no longer apply, in theory.
                Yeah i have very little hipe that he'll ever become a decent defender. He just doesn't have the lateral quickness. But i think he'd be a good 3pt shooter if he works on it.

I've seen a lot of athletic guys who came into the league as a dunker but became a pretty good 3pt shooter later in their career. VC is a great example. Jason Richardson is another one. T-Mac couldn't shoot when he first entrred the league.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

D wade and Rip Hamilton.

Hamilton: Nope. Not at all. He's pretty much the anti-ball stopper. He did most of his work off the ball coming off screens, catching and shooting.

Wade: Actually not a terrible example. Problem is with the inherent physical advantage Wade has over him. No amount of hardwork is going to make up for the fact that Wade had one of the quickest first steps ever so he was able to get to the basket with ease. One or two dribble and he's finishing with an acrobatic layup at the rim. DeMar doesn't have this advantage meaning he has to take 6,7+ dribbles to try and shake opponents while usually having to settle for a longer distance shot.

You have a great slasher in DeMar and the GOAT slasher in Wade. Not a fair comparison.

Comment

Hamilton: Nope. Not at all. He's pretty much the anti-ball stopper. He did most of his work off the ball coming off screens, catching and shooting.

Wade: Actually not a terrible example. Problem is with the inherent physical advantage Wade has over him. No amount of hardwork is going to make up for the fact that Wade had one of the quickest first steps ever so he was able to get to the basket with ease. One or two dribble and he's finishing with an acrobatic layup at the rim. DeMar doesn't have this advantage meaning he has to take 6,7+ dribbles to try and shake opponents while usually having to settle for a longer distance shot.

You have a great slasher in DeMar and the GOAT slasher in Wade. Not a fair comparison.
                    DWade was also beast in transition. Demar is not a threat in transition like Wade.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Alright man you win. DeMar DeRozan is the only reason why we can't beat LBJ/GSW.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        DWade was also beast in transition. Demar is not a threat in transition like Wade.
                        Wade was a beast but I don't think DeMar is a non-threat. We don't run enough in transition but that's on Casey.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Alright man you win. DeMar DeRozan is the only reason why we can't beat LBJ/GSW.

LBJ/GSW are a different issue. I'm more concerned with the fact that we can't beat up on weaker opponents in the playoffs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Both players are crippled by the Raptors' offensive system in the playoffs.

The difference, as ever, between the two, is regardless of their scoring outputs, Lowry finds a way to help the team win no matter what (this is evidenced by the dramatic fall-off when he hits the bench).
                          Well if it's the system then why haven't we changed coaches?

People have maligned me for my frustrations with this offseason, yet continue to make points that support my frustrations. We have changed nothing stylistically and downgraded the overall talent of the team. If the issue is style of play, why is Casey still here? It's 4 years now with him behind the bench, he's not going to change tactics that continue to earn him contract renewals and support from the front office. If it's Lowry choking, why was he resigned? If it's DeMar why haven't we looked to move on from him? If it's poor defensive bigs, then what is JV still doing on the team.

Nothing proactive about this. Spinning the wheels and doing nothing to correct any of the real issues with the team.

Comment

Wade was a beast but I don't think DeMar is a non-threat. We don't run enough in transition but that's on Casey.

LBJ/GSW are a different issue. I'm more concerned with the fact that we can't beat up on weaker opponents in the playoffs.
                            Name me a higher seed in the eastern conference playoffs that beat up on a lower seed this year not mamed Cleveland.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Well if it's the system then why haven't we changed coaches?

People have maligned me for my frustrations with this offseason, yet continue to make points that support my frustrations. We have changed nothing stylistically and downgraded the overall talent of the team. If the issue is style of play, why is Casey still here? It's 4 years now with him behind the bench, he's not going to change tactics that continue to earn him contract renewals and support from the front office. If it's Lowry choking, why was he resigned? If it's DeMar why haven't we looked to move on from him? If it's poor defensive bigs, then what is JV still doing on the team.

Nothing proactive about this. Spinning the wheels and doing nothing to correct any of the real issues with the team.
                              They tried to move JV but no value.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This franchise is just doing the Atlanta Hawks version of treadmilling. You know you can't beat the best, you won't do anything about it, but you'll maintain a 50ish win team and avoid the tax to maximize profits.

We are the Arsenal of the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X