X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Are you guys high on Fultz? I don't think he's a difference maker for Celtics.
    He's a consensus future star. Unless he pulls a Bargnani he will definitely be a difference maker. Just having that kind of talent under team control for nine years is huge.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Firstly If they resign IT Fultz will be playing on the bench and that may end up being a problem. They may end up having to stop the development of Marcus Smart (Smart choice lol), or he will cut into others play/dev time. If this is the case I don't think it will bode well for their locker room. They will have a hard time trading Smart and if they trade or don't resign IT they will take a step back most likely. I just don't see them getting jimmy butler or PG and giving up IT as an asset for a gamble.

I think it is because of this he will not be a difference maker. The celtics do have another pick next year which is insane but really their best bet is really to bide their time but it will still be a while.

I like the celtics future but I don't think we have a future to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Yes playing in Lebron's bracket hurts, but there is more to it. This Raptors team reached its ceiling with Casey imo, especially with the iso ball system. Celtics on the other hand, have the #1 pick and still room to improve.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Meh, it's all about expectations. Expectations were high this season coming off a near 60-win campaign and the ECF appearance. They didn't meet those expectations in either the regular season or the post-season, though, I agree, the former had everything to do with the latter - if Cleveland ends up first then we would be watching the Raps get dismantled in late May instead of early May.

I think a bunch of good stuff happened this season with brining in Ibaka and Tucker (assuming they can keep them) and Delon Wright and Poeltl looking like players. Powell showing he can play a bigger role. Derozan having a great year. It certainly isn't all doom and gloom (we're not the Nets or the Knicks). At the same time, the team didn't take a step forward this year, so, that needs to be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Yes playing in Lebron's bracket hurts, but there is more to it. This Raptors team reached its ceiling with Casey imo, especially with the iso ball system. Celtics on the other hand, have the #1 pick and still room to improve.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    started a topic just how bad was the 2016_17 season

just how bad was the 2016_17 season

With the Celtics getting trounced even worse by the Lebron's than the raptor's (assuming they get thumped) hard can we put the season into a different perspective now. The bracket as Masai mentioned in his pressor really hurt us.
Working...
X