• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

davywilly wrote: View Post
    Any plan that includes retaining Casey will fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh definitely.

The cultural reset is setting the stage for his leaving....just not as soon as we would like.

Comment

I'm open to this idea but I'm not sure about the salaries? I know Philly has plenty of cap but they do have to plan long term to extend Embiid and put pieces around him (like Lowry). The OP suggests they will sign vets. Ok, I buy that but is it Bayless/Henderson level guys? I will say I am interested in the pick and saric. Saric might be the odd man out if they draft Tatum. Lowry/?/Tatum/Simmons/Embiid. Seems good. If I'm picky, I sacrifice a little of Lowry's playmaking/shooting for a younger/better defender, making less money. Cojo kinda fits that bill if he had a longer contract. Anyway, if I'm Philly I might want to trade back and get that PG with a high pick. Not sure of a PG off the top of my head but the idea would be to get monk. So ?/monk/Simmons/saric/Embiid. Maybe Rubio? Solid defender, can't shoot well but the $ and his trade market work.
      Anyway, from a raps perspective I'd like the pick and saric. I don't think we can easily replace Lowry's leadership and production but I think we have an easier time getting a PG than finding a sf/pf that shoot, dribble and pass like saric. Saric isn't amazing tho so I'm not jumping all over this. He's a meh rebounder, defender. I think his stroke is true but the % says no thus far.
      I give this a 4-6/10, depending on salary matching.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
        I'm open to this idea but I'm not sure about the salaries? I know Philly has plenty of cap but they do have to plan long term to extend Embiid and put pieces around him (like Lowry). The OP suggests they will sign vets. Ok, I buy that but is it Bayless/Henderson level guys? I will say I am interested in the pick and saric. Saric might be the odd man out if they draft Tatum. Lowry/?/Tatum/Simmons/Embiid. Seems good. If I'm picky, I sacrifice a little of Lowry's playmaking/shooting for a younger/better defender, making less money. Cojo kinda fits that bill if he had a longer contract. Anyway, if I'm Philly I might want to trade back and get that PG with a high pick. Not sure of a PG off the top of my head but the idea would be to get monk. So ?/monk/Simmons/saric/Embiid. Maybe Rubio? Solid defender, can't shoot well but the $ and his trade market work.
        Anyway, from a raps perspective I'd like the pick and saric. I don't think we can easily replace Lowry's leadership and production but I think we have an easier time getting a PG than finding a sf/pf that shoot, dribble and pass like saric. Saric isn't amazing tho so I'm not jumping all over this. He's a meh rebounder, defender. I think his stroke is true but the % says no thus far.
        I give this a 4-6/10, depending on salary matching.
        Look to see Colangelo sign NBA journeymen to big deals to meet the salary floor and to make trades to help other teams clear salary after next season.

I think Colangelo actually signed Bayless because he liked/wanted him. That was a 3 year deal with no options and about $9m per year.

Henderson-Rodriguez type deals or Aaron Afflalo with the Kings is what I expect the Sixers to sign this summer. But keep in mind they already have 11 (12 if they pick up Henderson) on the roster plus they have up to 6 possible draft picks.

When looking at what to get back from Philly, I like Covington (will be free agent next summer), Richaun Holmes, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Anderson, Saric, and draft picks. I would be looking for the Lakers 2018 and Kings 2019. I think the Sixers are set up to surprise a lot of people...especially with the years of bashing Sam Hinkie has received.

Comment

Odin wrote: View Post
          Look to see Colangelo sign NBA journeymen to big deals to meet the salary floor and to make trades to help other teams clear salary after next season.

I think Colangelo actually signed Bayless because he liked/wanted him. That was a 3 year deal with no options and about $9m per year.

Henderson-Rodriguez type deals or Aaron Afflalo with the Kings is what I expect the Sixers to sign this summer. But keep in mind they already have 11 (12 if they pick up Henderson) on the roster plus they have up to 6 possible draft picks.

When looking at what to get back from Philly, I like Covington (will be free agent next summer), Richaun Holmes, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Anderson, Saric, and draft picks. I would be looking for the Lakers 2018 and Kings 2019. I think the Sixers are set up to surprise a lot of people...especially with the years of bashing Sam Hinkie has received.
          Yeah, Im expecting Henderson type journeymen as well. Not sure it's all about taking on salary bc I think Colangelo was brought in to win so I think he will try to get the best FAs he can but the Sixers haven't proven anything so I think he will be trolling the Crabbe dumpster again. So I am hesitant to do this deal without knowing the salary.
          Covington et al don't make any $. All those guys are options, maybe not Holmes tho bc I think they want him as a cheap backup and move Okafor but not a deal breaker.
          Anyway, I agree Philly is a good partner (for many teams) but I imagine Okafor is a big priority. Colangelo totally blew the Noel deal.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Lowry isn't a MAX player.
            This is ridiculous.
            agree

Comment

I'm with you on the not-safricing-an-asset with Lowry. For Philly though, their cap space window is this summer. That means BC takes a run at Kyle now, not later. And if they lose out on Lowry, as in this scenario, they're still going to spend that cap space - looking for stars and likely finding a point guard so they can start the 17/18 season on the right foot.

That doesn't mean it's impossible they'd still be interested in Kyle and wanting to make a trade, just...more unlikely.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I'm with you on the not-safricing-an-asset with Lowry. For Philly though, their cap space window is this summer. That means BC takes a run at Kyle now, not later. And if they lose out on Lowry, as in this scenario, they're still going to spend that cap space - looking for stars and likely finding a point guard so they can start the 17/18 season on the right foot.

That doesn't mean it's impossible they'd still be interested in Kyle and wanting to make a trade, just...more unlikely.
                They will. I think they end up spending the money on short term trade contracts. The reality is most teams always lose out in free agency. I don't see the Sixers being a winner just yet.

Sixers have 2 shots at getting max contracts via free agency - this summer and next. Next summer will require finding someone to take Bayless in 2018-2019, renouncing Stauskas, and trading Okafor by then.

Assuming they miss out in FA this summer, I think the best bet for the Sixers to get a star next summer via free agency is to trade for one between now and July 1, 2018. Get an established vet all-star along with Embiid, Simmons, and this year's pick and they might be respectable enough to land a big fish.

But Philly, like Toronto and most teams, isn't going to get their difference maker via free agency so I expect a trade and think it will be Lowry. I could see giving a discount similar to DeRozan but he'll have a trade kicker so that if he is traded, he'll get his max. All comes back to win-win-win.

Comment

Dear God!
                  BC is really gonna fk this up. Isn't he?

Odin wrote: View Post

Comment

Philly will be looking for a PG, we all think Klow, but I think George Hill might be a better option for them, with B. Simmons essentially acting as Point Forward on the floor.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                      Philly will be looking for a PG, we all think Klow, but I think George Hill might be a better option for them, with B. Simmons essentially acting as Point Forward on the floor.
                      based on watching Simmons in the summer league I would be surprised if he had as big of an impact as predicted. I hope for phillys sake he does though. They have all that young talent but no luck keeping them healthy

Comment

Here's a what if for you! Philly is just trading Boston for their no. 1 pick! Toronto does a sign and trade with Philly for the no 1 pick Fultz and Okafor. Philly gets K. Lowry and a filler. So now Kyle gets all his money and a 5 year deal, gets to go home and Philly gets their experienced point guard and Toronto gets to go younger with a very good point guard and also gets another big man in Okafor and also saves big time big and being tied down to a 5 year deal with Kyle Lowry!

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                          Here's a what if for you! Philly is just trading Boston for their no. 1 pick! Toronto does a sign and trade with Philly for the no 1 pick Fultz and Okafor. Philly gets K. Lowry and a filler. So now Kyle gets all his money and a 5 year deal, gets to go home and Philly gets their experienced point guard and Toronto gets to go younger with a very good point guard and also gets another big man in Okafor and also saves big time big and being tied down to a 5 year deal with Kyle Lowry!
                          I wouldn't mind that but I dont think it happens.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                            cant get the 5th year in a S&T. PHI can sign Kyle outright and keep those pieces.

Comment

With Philly getting Fultz it seems the largest competition for Lowry is gone. Can't think of any team Lowry would want to play for who is going to be willing to pay a large sum for him.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                With Philly getting Fultz it seems the largest competition for Lowry is gone. Can't think of any team Lowry would want to play for who is going to be willing to pay a large sum for him.
                                I think you're bang on. I think Philly trading for the #1 pick reduces Lowry's value. The question is, by how much? I really think the market for Lowry is going to be weak and the Raps have leverage. At what number does Lowry balk? 5/150? 4 year max straight up and refuse the 5th year? Gonna be interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X