Lowry will be extended for the MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    As someone who is not a fan of Arthur I will give him the benefit that he is honestly reporting what he is being told. Having said that, who makes this sort of decision with no money on the table? Lowry isn't going to decide until he gets to FA and sees what teams are offering him. He'd be crazy to be running around telling people he's out of Toronto without knowing for certain that a big deal is on the table and he doesn't know that yet. Even Bosh never came out and said he was leaving. That's nuts.

What's more interesting is who is feeding Arthur the rumours (assuming he's not making it up)?
    I'm assuming it was not Lowry or someone from his camp. Probably somebody from another team who heard from somebody else who says they heard from a "friend of Kyle's". Who knows, Arthur wouldn't just make stuff up though. He obviously didn't think a much of it if he waited this long to print it (unless you think it was a favour to the Raps organization to not come right out with it in the spring).

Kyle was probably just pissed off at Casey.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This is Paul George were talking about in his prime. With his bird rights.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      What good are bird rights if the player says he's going to LA after this season? There's been talk that Masai knew Ibaka would be open to resigning. This is the complete opposite of that.

But at least it wouldn't be top top dollar since every team knows it's a one year rental.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        What good are bird rights if the player says he's going to LA after this season? There's been talk that Masai knew Ibaka would be open to resigning. This is the complete opposite of that.

But at least it wouldn't be top top dollar since every team knows it's a one year rental.
        LA, sucks and has a young roster which isn't anywhere near contention. I'm surprised he wants to play there so badly.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          LA, sucks and has a young roster which isn't anywhere near contention. I'm surprised he wants to play there so badly.
          And all it takes is them using their cap space elsewhere and suddenly it's not as easy as its made out to be.

Comment

As someone who is not a fan of Arthur I will give him the benefit that he is honestly reporting what he is being told. Having said that, who makes this sort of decision with no money on the table? Lowry isn't going to decide until he gets to FA and sees what teams are offering him. He'd be crazy to be running around telling people he's out of Toronto without knowing for certain that a big deal is on the table and he doesn't know that yet. Even Bosh never came out and said he was leaving. That's nuts.

What's more interesting is who is feeding Arthur the rumours (assuming he's not making it up)?
            I think it's often like that Basketball Insider tweet a few posts up, "I was told...." nonsense. People talk about impending changes, all the time - not talking about leaks, just talking about water cooler talk. It happens around the NBA same as it happens on fan forums and in the media. People talk, people hear other people talking, people hear the talk from people employed in the NBA, and pretty soon journalists have a couple of "sources" who've heard things and who are passing along info. Arthur could have heard from 5 different NBA-connected people about Lowry rumours and none of it may have actually originated with Lowry or Masai.

There are a couple of credible journalists who regularly break trades and don't spread rumours, e.g. Woj. I ignore everybody else, including Toronto's beat writers.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Other than PG's recent "I want to bring a championship to Indy" PR-style replies for the local papers it's hard to find evidence that winning is his main concern. It's about going home and getting paid (by the team and Nike). There's been too much smoke (now confirmed as fire) to ignore and think otherwise.

Comment

Just spit-balling, but Tom Sterner would be a good guess. He's an unabashed Lowry hater with inside connections to the Raps coaching staff and current players.

Comment

Working...
                X