Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge. Can you name all of the Raptors first-round selections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge. Can you name all of the Raptors first-round selections?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nd-draft-pick/

I've only been a fan since 2011/12, so I couldn't name before that (except for Raptors great and Toronto Pasta Ambassador Bargs). I'm curious to see how many can get the 2008 one though!
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Sat Jun 17, 2017, 05:13 PM.

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nd-draft-pick/

I've only been a fan since 2011/12, so I couldn't name before that (except for Raptors great and Toronto Pasta Ambassador Bargs). I'm curious to see how many can get the 2008 one though!
    Thanks for reminding me re former first overall selection Andrea Bargnani..ugh. Imagine if we had Lamarcus Aldridge as our starting PF .

Comment

Joey Graham xD

jorge garbajosa was great... and then got perhaps one of the worst injury i've seen on TV (the worst being shaun livingston injury)

Comment

Only ones I missed were Ed Davis (how?!) and Kareem Rush (I foolishly kept thinking Brandon Rush.. Ugh.).

I'll admit though, I had to look up spelling on some. Haha

Comment

I was able to get 14 out of 23.... but the quiz didn't load right, as it seems to be partially cut off. Usually with Sporcle quizzes, there's a timer & a give up button.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Thanks for reminding me re former first overall selection Andrea Bargnani..ugh. Imagine if we had Lamarcus Aldridge as our starting PF .
            Imagine a front court of Bosh and Aldridge. It'd be way ahead of its time and who knows, maybe we beat the Nets that year.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              I'll admit though, I had to look up spelling on some. Haha
              Ha yeah, Poeltl really got me with that! 2 L's?! Weird Austrian spellings...

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                Ha yeah, Poeltl really got me with that! 2 L's?! Weird Austrian spellings...
                Ya, I still don't understand how there's an "R" sound in his pronunciation... I think he's just messing with us. Lol

But it's Aleksandar Radojevic that always gets me. Can never spell his name right. Lol

Comment

Well, if the arena announcer pronounces it right, then it's not really an "r" sound as much as it's how people who can't say r's properly (or people from Boston) pronounce their r's. To me that makes a teensy bit more sense given the spelling.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Ya, I still don't understand how there's an "R" sound in his pronunciation... I think he's just messing with us. Lol

But it's Aleksandar Radojevic that always gets me. Can never spell his name right. Lol
                    I spelled it AleksandEr... fml i got 20-23, if i include Alek i got 21.

I couldn't for the life of me think of Ed Davis(so unmemorable) and Hibbert threw me off(i said Michael Sweetney lol)

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I spelled it AleksandEr... fml i got 20-23, if i include Alek i got 21.

I couldn't for the life of me think of Ed Davis(so unmemorable) and Hibbert threw me off(i said Michael Sweetney lol)
                      Ya I was very much convinced we had never drafted anyone from North Carolina ... Lol

And only way I remembered about Hibbert was seeing Georgetown, and besides him I couldn't even think of anyone that went to Georgetown besides AI and Ewing. Lol

Comment

Ya I was very much convinced we had never drafted anyone from North Carolina ... Lol

And only way I remembered about Hibbert was seeing Georgetown, and besides him I couldn't even think of anyone that went to Georgetown besides AI and Ewing. Lol
                        But you got Antawn Jamison right, didn't you? lol

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          But you got Antawn Jamison right, didn't you? lol
                          Oo touché. Haha

Comment

I missed Radojevic (had no idea on that one) and Kareem Rush (I completely forgot he was ever a Raptor). 21/23. The schools helped. I never would have been able to do it free hand with no years, etc.

Man they've had some crappy draft picks.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              I missed Radojevic (had no idea on that one) and Kareem Rush (I completely forgot he was ever a Raptor). 21/23. The schools helped. I never would have been able to do it free hand with no years, etc.

Man they've had some crappy draft picks.
                              Ya, Rush was a tough one. He wasn't really on the Raps. We flipped him on Draft Night for Chris Jeffries and Lindsey Hunter I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X