Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Agents can want whatever they want, but we aren't trading OG for anything short of a star player.

If we deal Trent (seems fairly likely) and the return is a draft pick, OG will get an uptick in shots by scooping up some of what Trent was getting. Alternatively, if Trent is the new 6th man and we start Precious, I can't conceive Precious getting more shots than Trent did in the starting lineup, so that also frees up more shots for OG. Plus if Fred is no longer the primary ballhandler, I'd expect him to be taking less shots, but hopefully maintaining his scoring at a higher efficiency, and that opens up more shots for OG.

So there's currently a lot of avenues for OG to get more shots next season.
    seems like everything revolves around fred and gtj then.

Comment

Agents can want whatever they want, but we aren't trading OG for anything short of a star player.

If we deal Trent (seems fairly likely) and the return is a draft pick, OG will get an uptick in shots by scooping up some of what Trent was getting. Alternatively, if Trent is the new 6th man and we start Precious, I can't conceive Precious getting more shots than Trent did in the starting lineup, so that also frees up more shots for OG. Plus if Fred is no longer the primary ballhandler, I'd expect him to be taking less shots, but hopefully maintaining his scoring at a higher efficiency, and that opens up more shots for OG.

So there's currently a lot of avenues for OG to get more shots next season.
      Trent is not going to be happy as a 6th man, heading into a contract year. And he shares the same, slimy agent as OG.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Trent is not going to be happy as a 6th man, heading into a contract year. And he shares the same, slimy agent as OG.
          Good thing that doesn't matter. If Nurse says he's 6th man then he is 6th man.

Not sure why you guys think marginal starters have a say in how they're used. They don't, and that's not a Raptors thing that's an NBA thing.

If Trent wants a big contract he's going to play the best he can in the minutes he gets. If he bitches publicly that will just lower his value. No one wants to pay top dollar for a diva.

Comment

• If Trent goes to Sixth man, chances are he'll still average around 30 mins a game. It isn't really a downgrade.

If the team is winning, it shouldn't be a problem. If the team is losing, Trent should and will be unhappy.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              If Trent goes to Sixth man, chances are he'll still average around 30 mins a game. It isn't really a downgrade.

If the team is winning, it shouldn't be a problem. If the team is losing, Trent should and will be unhappy.
              I mean yeah the minutes and role is important but it primarily revolves around money. These guys are trying to set themselves up for generational wealth as they should.

Comment

• It's all fun to speculate but I highly doubt OG is going anywhere unless it's an over whelming offer; he sure won't be shopped.
                I'll be shocked if there's any significant move made at all, it's gonna be boring.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Bad news? As in.... OG confirmed it's true?

I think Scottie meant "fake news". Right? Right??? lol.

Comment

• you could get a good haul for OG he doesn’t impress me as a basketball player

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      you could get a good haul for OG he doesn’t impress me as a basketball player
                      OG is a keeper.
                      Same with Siakim and Barnes..maybe Achiuwa.
                      Freddy and Trent.. mehhh..those guys u can move..but my gut tells me..none of them are moving.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I was just listening to a Knicks podcast and the host pointed out that with the OG rumor out there it's going to make it tougher for teams to negotiate trades. If a team doesn't like your offer they'll just say, they would rather just have OG. Team's know his value, and since the Raps never talk, it's the perfect scenario to throw in some conjecture to raise the price of trades.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          you could get a good haul for OG he doesn’t impress me as a basketball player
                          I think he's a little overrated around here. He's a good player but I do not think he has that next level awaiting him around the corner like some are suggesting...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think he's a little overrated around here. He's a good player but I do not think he has that next level awaiting him around the corner like some are suggesting...
                            I don't think he has a huge leap in his game coming, and even without that I think he's absolutely crucial to the team and should only be traded for a superstar. His particular skillset is generally of way more value on a team than on the trade market, and underratedly hard to replace.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think he has a huge leap in his game coming, and even without that I think he's absolutely crucial to the team and should only be traded for a superstar. His particular skillset is generally of way more value on a team than on the trade market, and underratedly hard to replace.
                              The fact some people on this forum aren't convinced he's a great defender is proof how underrated OG is.

Comment

The fact some people on this forum aren't convinced he's a great defender is proof how underrated OG is.
                                How do you define "great"? I don't think he's a top 5 defender in the league or anything. And I think a lot of Raptor fans believe he is, thus that makes him overrated. There are levels to everything.

He's a really good defender, but in my opinion, he doesn't elevate the team defensively enough. An elite (top 5 / 10) defender should raise the defensive profile of the entire team.

I think Chris Boucher had more of an impact on our defense this past year than OG has. And nobody screams defensive savant when they watch Boucher play.

Comment

Working...
                                X