Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

I don't put much stock in defensive metrics for basketball, so what they have to say about OG (or any other player) means very little to me. There is likely something to a wisdom of the crowds argument but they don't seem very useful or helpful (by way of example, Brook Lopez everybody!).

As for "effective", I might be tempted to say that the Raptors continue to have OG defend 1-5 and have for multiple seasons now cause he is effective at it. QED.
    Well, if OG was actually effective in the playoffs.... the team wasn't. Why would they continue to do something just to make OG look good, but not the team? QNED.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, if OG was actually effective in the playoffs.... the team wasn't. Why would they continue to do something just to make OG look good, but not the team? QNED.
      The Sixers series wasn't decided by OG's defensive deployment. Come on.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah so the shot distribution isn't going to work the way you expect it to.
        OK I'll do the math for you since you're being difficult.

Raptors took 7439 FGA last season, and 1749 FTA. That's 91.3 FGA per game and 21.3 FTA per game.

Assuming everyone plays 82 games so I don't need to guess who and how many games our top 8 will miss.

Siakam 16.3 FGA
        VanVleet 14 FGA
        Annunoby 16 FGA
        Barnes 14 FGA
        Achiuwa 9 FGA
        Trent 13 FGA
        Boucher 5 FGA
        Young 4 FGA
        Total = 91.3 FGA

You also have 11ish more attempts that are fouled on and come as FT.

Siakam 5 FTA
        VanVleet 3 FTA
        Annunoby 3 FTA
        Barnes 4 FTA
        Achiuwa 2 FTA
        Trent 2.5 FTA
        Boucher 1.5 FTA
        Young 0.3 FTA
        Total = 21.3 FTA

Toss in injuries and no reason OG can't average 20ppg.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

That's not at all how shot distribution works.... teams don't have a plan as to how many shots guys are going to take in any given game, let alone across 82 games.Shot distribution sorts itself out over time and may, or may not, go the way teams think it will.
          Well duh, but we can estimate since by the end of the season it tends to be pretty consistent for each guy year to year based on minutes played.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

OK I'll do the math for you since you're being difficult.

Raptors took 7439 FGA last season, and 1749 FTA. That's 91.3 FGA per game and 21.3 FTA per game.

Assuming everyone plays 82 games so I don't need to guess who and how many games our top 8 will miss.

Siakam 16.3 FGA
            VanVleet 14 FGA
            Annunoby 16 FGA
            Barnes 14 FGA
            Achiuwa 9 FGA
            Trent 13 FGA
            Boucher 5 FGA
            Young 4 FGA
            Total = 91.3 FGA

You also have 11ish more attempts that are fouled on and come as FT.

Siakam 5 FTA
            VanVleet 3 FTA
            Annunoby 3 FTA
            Barnes 4 FTA
            Achiuwa 2 FTA
            Trent 2.5 FTA
            Boucher 1.5 FTA
            Young 0.3 FTA
            Total = 21.3 FTA

Toss in injuries and no reason OG can't average 20ppg.
            can’t wait for the day this guy is traded

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

can’t wait for the day this guy is traded
              who?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You giving Precious 16 shots a game? I'm sure as hell not. He can get all the put backs he wants and occasional wide open 3. Trent steals shots from other bench guys since they're not good for the most part.
                I feel like you didn't watch the 2nd half of the season if you think Precious 2nd year with the Raptors will be all about "put backs and occasional wide open 3"...he was showing unbelievable versatility by the end of the year, our MIP. They had him isolating and going to the rack with the ball IN THE PLAYOFFS, and he was of the only Raptors that didn't look shy and kept up his end of the bargain against Philly. His 3 pt shooting was higher than the team average, and higher than league average, after a VERY poor hole he dug in October - December.

I suspect the Raptors have much bigger ambitions for Precious upcoming campaign than you do.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I feel like you didn't watch the 2nd half of the season if you think Precious 2nd year with the Raptors will be all about "put backs and occasional wide open 3"...he was showing unbelievable versatility by the end of the year, our MIP. They had him isolating and going to the rack with the ball IN THE PLAYOFFS, and he was of the only Raptors that didn't look shy and kept up his end of the bargain against Philly. His 3 pt shooting was higher than the team average, and higher than league average, after a VERY poor hole he dug in October - December.

I suspect the Raptors have much bigger ambitions for Precious upcoming campaign than you do.
                  Hopefully those plans and ambitions include working on his FTs.

Comment

precious has a LONG way to go before he reaches 16 shots a game. He needs to learn how to finish and make solid decisions. Maybe 8-10 opportunities and depending on how he is doing on a game to game but 16 shots is a LOT for a guy who shoots very poorly from FT and struggles to finish around the basket. Again he has a LOT of development first. I believei n the 3 point shot but the rest but he needs to do a lot more. He did go iso but he was doing that when the play was more broken you are talking about moving him up the pecking order to 3rd...

Comment

• Wait a second...
                      Why are some people here seem to be acting like we need to make some drastic moves for next season?

2023 is going to be another developmental year, there's no way we're contending next season.
                      Last edited by Kagemusha; Sun Jun 5, 2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        Wait a second...
                        Are some people here seem to be acting like we need to make some drastic moves for next season?

2023 is going to be another developmental year, there's no way we're contending next season.
                        I have been suggesting gtj out.. if there is a move for donovan Mitchell or that level of player then yes you do a drastic move otherwise largely stay the same... with MLE being a major upgrade.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

precious has a LONG way to go before he reaches 16 shots a game. He needs to learn how to finish and make solid decisions. Maybe 8-10 opportunities and depending on how he is doing on a game to game but 16 shots is a LOT for a guy who shoots very poorly from FT and struggles to finish around the basket. Again he has a LOT of development first. I believei n the 3 point shot but the rest but he needs to do a lot more. He did go iso but he was doing that when the play was more broken you are talking about moving him up the pecking order to 3rd...
                          Where did I say he'd be 3rd in pecking order, or 16 shots a game? I'm not attaching these numbers to people. I'm saying he's gonna be continued to show trust and grow his game, it's not just put backs and garbage buckets. He had a bigger role last year than "put backs", why would his role get smaller now.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Where did I say he'd be 3rd in pecking order, or 16 shots a game? I'm not attaching these numbers to people. I'm saying he's gonna be continued to show trust and grow his game, it's not just put backs and garbage buckets. He had a bigger role last year than "put backs", why would his role get smaller now.
                            His role on offense would be smaller starting vs coming off the bench. That's why.

Comment

depends on if you want to have him develop on the bench or thrust him into the starting role. Personally I would develop him off the bench with a steady diet of 25 minutes for the next two to three years. I still like the idea of getting Turner on this team

Comment

• Damian Lillard btw liked Jeff Fisher's report of OG being dissatisfied with his role in Toronto's pecking order.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X