• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...ing-out-party/

7.OG Anunoby
    TORONTO RAPTORS F
    Last week: Unranked
    Stats this week: 9.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, 1.0 steals
    A newcomer to the rankings, Anunoby made two starts in place of the injured Norman Powell and made the most of them. His breakout performance came in a win at Houston in which he scored 16 points while making 3-of-4 3-pointers, all while holding James Harden to mere mortal numbers. His true shooting percentage of 84.1 was by far tops among rookies over his last three games. Anunoby has been a valuable part of the Raptors' rotation all season, and he finally got the playing time to showcase his two-way talent this week.

Comment

• What an absolute beast. I think we've found our Draymond.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        What an absolute beast. I think we've found our Draymond.
        Young OG shows more offensive skills than Draymond tbh. Would be very surprised if he ever develops the defensive mind Draymond has, that guy thinks team defense as well as anyone ever.

Comment

What an absolute beast. I think we've found our Draymond.
          Does Casey have the knowledge to use a player with OG's skill set as an effective offensive weapon?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Does Casey have the knowledge to use a player with OG's skill set as an effective offensive weapon?
            What are you referring to exactly? OG is contributing more offensively in this new system than many would have thought.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Young OG shows more offensive skills than Draymond tbh. Would be very surprised if he ever develops the defensive mind Draymond has, that guy thinks team defense as well as anyone ever.
              Draymond excels as a passer and a floor-spacer. OG seems to be cut from the same cloth.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                He's being used about as well as possible. He is still pretty damn raw in terms of offensive skills, he's just really smart for a rookie in terms of knowing which shots to take, and he's been pretty effective with those opportunities.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

What are you referring to exactly? OG is contributing more offensively in this new system than many would have thought.
                  white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  He's being used about as well as possible. He is still pretty damn raw in terms of offensive skills, he's just really smart for a rookie in terms of knowing which shots to take, and he's been pretty effective with those opportunities.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  I didn't mean now. I meant as a future Draymond.

Right now, OG's offensive game is corner 3s and hustle plays. That's all Casey expects from anyone not named Kyle, DeMar or Serge.

Comment

• I hate talking Celtics, but Tatum and Brown are such a big part of their early season success. How does OG stack up against those guys?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I hate talking Celtics, but Tatum and Brown are such a big part of their early season success. How does OG stack up against those guys?

Both are a lot further along in their skill development, OG though has the best physical traits and if he is to return to 100% would be the best athlete and likely the best defender of the 3 which says a lot because both Tatum and Brown have been very good on that end.

Tatum is by far the most offensively polished and Brown has taken major strides since entering the league, kinda scary actually. OG is just barely starting his development. Overall I think Tatum will likely have the best career because he's so well rounded on both ends but that's just assuming OG makes minor improvements over the years. If he does have an unusually great developmental curve like Kawhi or Giannis, he can blow those 2 out of the water but there is a helluva lot of work to even come close to that point.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        I hate talking Celtics, but Tatum and Brown are such a big part of their early season success. How does OG stack up against those guys?
                        Physically he's bigger than both of them, but still quick enough to guard a guy like Harden.

Zach Lowe and Howard Beck were just going on about Jaylen Brown's physical specs - 6'7", 225 lbs, 7' wingspan. Well, OG - 6'8", 235 lbs, 7'6" wingspan. Fwiw that wingspan is basically on par with Bruno and Bebe, but he's got strength that neither of those guys will ever have.

Kid really does have all the tools.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Physically he's bigger than both of them, but still quick enough to guard a guy like Harden.

Zach Lowe and Howard Beck were just going on about Jaylen Brown's physical specs - 6'7", 225 lbs, 7' wingspan. Well, OG - 6'8", 235 lbs, 7'6" wingspan. Fwiw that wingspan is basically on par with Bruno and Bebe, but he's got strength that neither of those guys will ever have.

Kid really does have all the tools.
                          He has a 7'2 1/4 wingspan, that was speculation and this was confirmed at the Combine.

Still good, for perspective it's longer than LeBron and Millsap's but it's not on the level of Giannis, KD and Bruno.

Comment

Draymond excels as a passer and a floor-spacer. OG seems to be cut from the same cloth.
                            Yeah I agree, its not a bad comp. They both have a great vision, I still think OG is farther along offensively than Draymond was coming into the league (after 4 years of college!) and has more potential. Even in the first GSW finals run, Draymond looked pretty clunky at times with the ball, OG never looks too awkward with it. Similar body type too.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              He has a 7'2 wingspan, that was speculation and this was confirmed at the Combine.
                              That sounds much more reasonable, just used a quick Google and was very impressed there for a few minutes. You ruined it.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I agree, its not a bad comp. They both have a great vision, I still think OG is farther along offensively than Draymond was coming into the league (after 4 years of college!) and has more potential. Even in the first GSW finals run, Draymond looked pretty clunky at times with the ball, OG never looks too awkward with it. Similar body type too.
                                I made this comparison before the draft and tons of you scoffed at it lol now you're seeing but I will say physically they're actually a bit different. OG is 2 inches taller and has a longer wingspan and his weight is also far more a product of lean muscle mass versus bulk like Draymond who you can occasionally tell that his jersey let's just say looks "tighter" around the mid-section. OG has tree trunks for legs and is physically ripped...go to IG account and you'll see (and also him completing a dunk between his legs which goes to the next point...)

He's physically more gifted Draymond not only in measurements, body type but also athleticism IF gets back to 100% which is what makes his offensive upside higher simply because he should be much tougher to stop attacking the basket as evidenced by the absolute hammers he threw down in college. While he's a good passer, Draymond was a notch up but yes granted he was more developed, but even by his 2nd year DG averaged more assists but nonetheless the similarity is there. DG also seemed a little more fluid as a ballhandler but that can come with time. Overall, DG is a closer comp than Kawhi for now but just some stuff that I wanted to chime in on lol sorry...

Comment

Working...
                                X