Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    ...it'll be a treat seeing how good he becomes by next season.
    It will be a real treat to see him in his fourth season. It has a few great examples to learn from. I am confident in the Raptors ability to help rookies in their development. I can only hope OG takes up the habit of hard work and steady improvement that DeMar has. He certainly seems the type. We can only hope.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      It will be a real treat to see him in his fourth season. It has a few great examples to learn from. I am confident in the Raptors ability to help rookies in their development. I can only hope OG takes up the habit of hard work and steady improvement that DeMar has. He certainly seems the type. We can only hope.
      Help me OG Wan, you’re my only hope.
      OG is our king

Comment

• Kevin Pelton ranks the rookie class thus far. Simmons, Tatum, Mitchell top 3.

4. OG Anunoby | SF | Toronto Raptors
        Along with Tatum, Anunoby is one of two rookies playing an important role on a contending team. It took the Indiana product less than a month to crack the Raptors' starting five, seemingly for good. They've gone 13-3 in his 16 starts, and Toronto's new starting five is outscoring opponents by 21 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com/Stats. No wonder Anunoby is nearly the equal of Simmons and Tatum (plus-2.4) when it comes to his RPM (plus-2.3).

Assuming the ACL he tore in January healed properly, there was never much question that Anunoby would be an effective defender. But he's proved to be far more advanced offensively than expected. Like Tatum, Anunoby is probably due for some 3-point regression (he's shooting 43.0 percent after hitting 31.1 percent last season in college). Beyond that, he's flashed surprising playmaking ability and excellent decision-making.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Kevin Pelton ranks the rookie class thus far. Simmons, Tatum, Mitchell top 3.
          OG's shooting forms seems somewhat altered compared to his college days, so a drop in shooting percentage may not be a sure thing.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            OG's shooting forms seems somewhat altered compared to his college days, so a drop in shooting percentage may not be a sure thing.
            I think the one thing that will eventually happen is he'll lose his space. He gets some pretty wide open shots, being the 5th option on the floor and a relatively unknown player. Things got a lot tougher from Patterson when teams started taking his space away. The pro for OG is he's also a threat to drive or dish once he puts the ball on the floor, but still eventually he'll lose some of his shooting space.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I think the one thing that will eventually happen is he'll lose his space. He gets some pretty wide open shots, being the 5th option on the floor and a relatively unknown player. Things got a lot tougher from Patterson when teams started taking his space away. The pro for OG is he's also a threat to drive or dish once he puts the ball on the floor, but still eventually he'll lose some of his shooting space.
              True, but Patterson also didn't do himself any favours with his indecisiveness, and a complete loss of confidence.

And if defenses are willing to pay more attention to OG (as a 5th option), then that will certainly make life easier for the rest of the starters.

Comment

True, but Patterson also didn't do himself any favours with his indecisiveness, and a complete loss of confidence.

And if defenses are willing to pay more attention to OG (as a 5th option), then that will certainly make life easier for the rest of the starters.
                OG is to the Raptors as eggnog is to Christmas. He makes the magic happen.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't know about that. I hate eggnog and have great christmases without it, but love me some OG. Already can't picture the Raps without him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Egg nOG

Anyone? Anyone? I'm here all week.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I don't know about that. I hate eggnog and have great christmases without it, but love me some OG. Already can't picture the Raps without him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      I agree on the egg nog front

I do love rum tho.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yep. If defenders stick to OG, and they stick to Serge, and they stick to Lowry... DD and JV are going to absolutely feast inside. All you can eat buffet.

Throw in the occasional cut (which OG has shown a propensity for) and this offence could get better. Which is kind of crazy to think about.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I agree on the egg nog front

I do love rum tho.
                          Certainly no reason not to mix them together. Throw in a little nutmeg....Mmmmmmm...Mmmmmmmm!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Certainly no reason not to mix them together. Throw in a little nutmeg....Mmmmmmm...Mmmmmmmm!
                            Alright I'm sold, puffer. What time should I be over?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              Ntilikina doesn’t suck he’s like the point guard version of OG.
                              Maybe in 2 years, right now he can't shoot very well, struggles to finish at the rim and fouls too much. He might become better player then Jamal Murray when it's all said and done but for the rookie game we are judging him based on now and he is not there yet.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Alright I'm sold, puffer. What time should I be over?
                                Christmas Eve, obviously

Comment

Working...
                                X