Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lewro wrote: View Post
    Yes, I am. His trajectory is opposite to semi tho. I feel OG could go either way but semi is closer to a finished product.
    As you asked and I've said this earlier, I think his floor is mkg but his ceiling is a super-lite kawhi.
    I'd put semi between Tucker and Crowder, in terms of talent, not skills/impact match exactly. He could also be Ben bentil which Danny already drafted and cut.
    I don't know about Kawhi ceilling. Kawhi was way more advanced offensively when he came out. OG is raw on the offensive end. Not much polish. I would say MKG with a jumper is his ceilling.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      The reason he doesn't force anything is cause, he is limited on offence. He either shoots an open shot or drives in straight line. Not a good shooter, dribbler and passer. Doesn't have much feel for the game on O. He has a lot of work to do on offence.

MKG got a better handle and feel for the game. OG not a good shooter but, at least his shot isnt broken like MKG.

Yeah but at least he seems somewhat aware of his own limits unlike your guy who loves the iso jumpshot.

If you had your way we'd be rolling out a lineup of Lowry/Derozan/Semi Ojeleye / Lamarcus Aldridge / Ibaka.

that may have been the worst shot selection lineup in the history of the NBA.

Comment

I'm on board with this pick, if he recovers well has great 3 & D potential. Looking at his jumpshot it's not severely broken, with the right coaching could be a good 35% clip shooter in the future. He's only 19 so this could be a great pick in a couple of years which I'm totally ok with (Team Rebuild!!!).

There wasn't much behind him at 23, no one drafted after him had all star potential (maybe Kuzma, I like his game)

Comment

I don't know about Kawhi ceilling. Kawhi was way more advanced offensively when he came out. OG is raw on the offensive end. Not much polish. I would say MKG with a jumper is his ceilling.

That's why I said kawhi super-lite. He can be a kawhi level defender. He's already approaching mkg level defender so if you think his ceiling and floor is basically mkg then I don't think you're giving a 19 yr old much of a chance.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            Yeah but at least he seems somewhat aware of his own limits unlike your guy who loves the iso jumpshot.

If you had your way we'd be rolling out a lineup of Lowry/Derozan/Semi Ojeleye / Lamarcus Aldridge / Ibaka.

that may have been the worst shot selection lineup in the history of the NBA.
            No, it wouldn't because he wouldn't be the primary scorer on this team. He woukd take open 3s and get points in transition. Which he would convert fairly effeciently. Like he has proven to do in college. I don't why you guys keep bringing up Semi. He is not a raptor OG is. Lets keep the topic on him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Anyway Christian, you shouldn't be salty bc we got a fantastic pick. He's not the semi consolation prize. That's fake news.

Comment

Kawhi was way more advanced offensively when he came out.
                Kawhi was not that much more advanced coming out of college (shot like high 20% from 3), I don't think anyone projected him to be this good offensively.

Comment

No, it wouldn't because he wouldn't be the primary scorer on this team. He woukd take open 3s and get points in transition. Which he would convert fairly effeciently. Like he has proven to do in college. I don't why you guys keep bringing up Semi. He is not a raptor OG is. Lets keep the topic on him.

Lmao. Own it dude. Whatever. No big deal.

Comment

That's why I said kawhi super-lite. He can be a kawhi level defender. He's already approaching mkg level defender so if you think his ceiling and floor is basically mkg then I don't think you're giving a 19 yr old much of a chance.
                    MKG was 19 as well when he came out and he was the 2nd overall pick. Would say that he was more polished than OG at this point. MKG is a very good player. If can be that, that's great.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

The reason he doesn't force anything is cause, he is limited on offence. He either shoots an open shot or drives in straight line. Not a good shooter, dribbler and passer. Doesn't have much feel for the game on O. He has a lot of work to do on offence.
                      This has nothing to do with bad Ball IQ. He's not out here trying to create his own shot with bad dribbling skills only to try to kick it out and turn it over because he doesn't understand what he's there to do. Never said he was polished offensively, I agree he has a lot to work on, but the things he needs to work on are certainly manageable. As you said he has the ability to improve his shot, just needs to work on volume and consistency.

I'd say knowing his strengths and playing to them is what makes him have good Ball IQ. I don't think anyone on the forum expects him to come out drop 15 a night and shut down Lebron in his rookie season. But I see a guy who fits our defensive system well, knows that his role will be to come in and go balls to the wall on defence and hit an open shot on kick outs from drives, and fight for every board. He's a high energy guy with GOOD Ball IQ who will hopefully become more polished on offence in the next couple years. Don't know how you could possibly expect more than what you're getting out of a 23rd pick.

Comment

you're the one that started this shitshow by trolling lewro lmao. you are just reaping what you've sown.

Comment

Yes, I am. His trajectory is opposite to semi tho. I feel OG could go either way but semi is closer to a finished product.
                          As you asked and I've said this earlier, I think his floor is mkg but his ceiling is a super-lite kawhi.
                          I'd put semi between Tucker and Crowder, in terms of talent, not skills/impact match exactly. He could also be Ben bentil which Danny already drafted and cut.
                          Lets temper our expectations here, if our 23rd pick can impact the game in the same way as MKG its a good pick.

Comment

Deems wrote: View Post
                            Kawhi was not that much more advanced coming out of college (shot like high 20% from 3), I don't think anyone projected him to be this good offensively.
                            When I talk about more advanced im not talking about just shooting. I'm talking about dribbling, play making and scoring. Kawhi was better at those things when he came out.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              This has nothing to do with bad Ball IQ. He's not out here trying to create his own shot with bad dribbling skills only to try to kick it out and turn it over because he doesn't understand what he's there to do. Never said he was polished offensively, I agree he has a lot to work on, but the things he needs to work on are certainly manageable. As you said he has the ability to improve his shot, just needs to work on volume and consistency.

I'd say knowing his strengths and playing to them is what makes him have good Ball IQ. I don't think anyone on the forum expects him to come out drop 15 a night and shut down Lebron in his rookie season. But I see a guy who fits our defensive system well, knows that his role will be to come in and go balls to the wall on defence and hit an open shot on kick outs from drives, and fight for every board. He's a high energy guy with GOOD Ball IQ who will hopefully become more polished on offence in the next couple years. Don't know how you could possibly expect more than what you're getting out of a 23rd pick.
                              I agree with this. Good assement. I'm happy with the pick. Wasn't my first choice but, my second. I'm just glad we didn't pick guys like Lydon/Leaf. Those guys seem like reverse. OG has starter potential. Even maybe all-star potential.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

When I talk about more advanced im not talking about just shooting. I'm talking about dribbling, play making and scoring. Kawhi was better at those things when he came out.

He was a terrible at playmaking (2.2 AST/2.2 TO), and not that much better at scoring. OG is a better finisher at the rim compared to college Kawhi, not to mention San Diego State doesn't have the toughest of competitions or had the greatest of teams assembled around Kawhi.

If OG didn't injure his knee I highly doubt he would've made it past 10 picks in this draft. I don't see how folks can knock this pick, he was the best talent available at that point by far.

Comment

Working...
                                X