No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a great breakdown of OG game, focusing on the defensive end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNuViAbI_Xo

Comment

• I'd love to see him take a few more jumpers off the dribble because the few times he's done it it has looked so much smoother than I thought it would ever be for him. His handle, while still pretty sloppy, is vastly improved and he can get into the lane off of sheer athleticism, and he's finishing so much better than even last year. Let OG be the ball handler in the PNR once in a while! These skills must be developed.

Comment

• OG currently 2nd league-wide in PIPM improvement for last year to this year ( 1st is Luka Doncic, and 3rd is Devonte Graham who's been in the MIP conversion). The man is PIPM'ing.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          OG currently 2nd league-wide in PIPM improvement for last year to this year ( 1st is Luka Doncic, and 3rd is Devonte Graham who's been in the MIP conversion). The man is PIPM'ing.
          A good demonstration of how impact stats are reliant on player roles. He had very nice impact stats in his first year (as a low usage starter), had his impact collapse last year coming off the bench and having to create more and having less value defending lesser opposing players, and has rebounded nicely this year back in his proper role. There is actual development in there too but it's not just that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Either way he's playing pretty darn well. He looks way better on his finishing step than he used to - being able to stretch out (at least somewhat) gracefully for the layup a la Pascal. Other times he just rumbles into the lane, gathers, and powers up over defenders.

Comment

• OG gotta pick it up,not sure what's going on with him,I think his been hanging out 2 much with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson..bad influence, time for u 2 pick it up. At the start the season,played great,but his play has gone down. Either u elevate ure game or u gonna b just another guy off the bench..I still believe in you,but u can't b the same as last year or the year before,time 2 step up..I'm huge fan of his,but haven't been liking his game lately.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Looked a little heavy on his feet last night, has been taking a lot of contact this year so hopefully he can get some bounce back in his step in 2020.

Comment

• I think we are seeing just another example that OG shines as a 4 or 5th option on the floor not 2nd or 3rd. We saw it in his rookie season, we saw early this year. He plays better when he can hide in the shadows.

I love the kid. He's a brute. He's a bull in a china shop and he is finishing better than expected, just like Paskal last year. He might be able to move into a 2nd or 3rd option eventually but right now he's not ready to carry that load.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                    I think we are seeing just another example that OG shines as a 4 or 5th option on the floor not 2nd or 3rd. We saw it in his rookie season, we saw early this year. He plays better when he can hide in the shadows.

I love the kid. He's a brute. He's a bull in a china shop and he is finishing better than expected, just like Paskal last year. He might be able to move into a 2nd or 3rd option eventually but right now he's not ready to carry that load.
                    Totally agree. I don't mind him struggling in bits to try and advance his game. It won't be the best for the team this year, but long term he's gotta try and expand his game. The only way he's doing that is if he is given a few opportunities in real game scenarios. He shouldn't be punished for not doing very well though, because everyone should know it won't work that well for a while. Really don't like that he was benched. Why TF is McCaw starting over him? I'm the biggest NN supporter there is, but his infatuation for McCaw is past Fred levels. It's astronomical.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Totally agree. I don't mind him struggling in bits to try and advance his game. It won't be the best for the team this year, but long term he's gotta try and expand his game. The only way he's doing that is if he is given a few opportunities in real game scenarios. He shouldn't be punished for not doing very well though, because everyone should know it won't work that well for a while. Really don't like that he was benched. Why TF is McCaw starting over him? I'm the biggest NN supporter there is, but his infatuation for McCaw is past Fred levels. It's astronomical.
                      I think it's more about McCaw's role than how good he is. McCaw can run an offense. Not great at it, but the only other guy on the team that isn't starting that can do that comfortably is TD. So it's really more a shame that McCaw gets minutes over TD than him getting minutes over someone like OG.

It's hard to teach a new offense mid way through a season. Not a lot of practices between games. Nurse had Pascal being a main offensive creator with Fred and Lowry on the court. When Lowry went down, Norm became a starter because he can handle the ball in spurts.

It's easier to play a role than to create a new offense. And Nurse prefers to have multiple creators on the floor at the same time.

OG was actually pretty bad in December. I think moving RHJ up was a good move. OG still ended up with more minutes than RHJ (30 vs 28). McCaw only played 22 minutes despite starting.

To really know if Nurse has an infatuation would be to wait for Pascal and Norm to get healthy. If McCaw still ends up averaging about 20 minutes a game with a healthy line than I'd be wondering what the hell was happening too.

Comment

• Mentioned it in the game thread but thought it needs to be pointed out again.
                        Often we over look O.G value here. In playoffs/close games your going to run into situation where you need a guy to get you a late clutch bucket and everyone remembers the moments those guy hit a big clutch shot. What we don't often think about is isolation defender who you put on the other teams #1 option at the end of game and say "Don't let him score"
                        O.G is that guy for us and it is just as important as a clutch bucket, he basically hit a game winning defensive stand against a guard who was on fire in Levert. Not only is he a great defender you can put him on guards/wings/ and P.F. Who most likely are the guy who are taking those late shots.
                        What makes that stop even better is O.G asked for Levert, he was torching us and O.G said give me Levert ill stop him. And he did.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Mentioned it in the game thread but thought it needs to be pointed out again.
                          Often we over look O.G value here. In playoffs/close games your going to run into situation where you need a guy to get you a late clutch bucket and everyone remembers the moments those guy hit a big clutch shot. What we don't often think about is isolation defender who you put on the other teams #1 option at the end of game and say "Don't let him score"
                          O.G is that guy for us and it is just as important as a clutch bucket, he basically hit a game winning defensive stand against a guard who was on fire in Levert. Not only is he a great defender you can put him on guards/wings/ and P.F. Who most likely are the guy who are taking those late shots.
                          What makes that stop even better is O.G asked for Levert, he was torching us and O.G said give me Levert ill stop him. And he did.
                          He needs to watch Danny Green highlights because that's what he is - a 3D guy. Stop posting up and stop trying to beat people off the dribble. Know your strengths.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He needs to watch Danny Green highlights because that's what he is - a 3D guy. Stop posting up and stop trying to beat people off the dribble. Know your strengths.
                            His strength is defense. He is the 5th option on the offensive end. Anything he give us there is gravy.
                            Also a way more versatile defender then danny. Danny was good at chasing around 2 guards. O.G can guard anyone from Lebron to Harden to Dame

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Mentioned it in the game thread but thought it needs to be pointed out again.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are you implying this was O.G fault? If so thats so off.
                                1.Dwayne thought they were going to bring it out at half court and drew the defense up for that.
                                2. They took the ball full court and got Lebron a head of stream
                                3.Pascal never doubled which he was supposed to because he was thrown off that they brought it full court
                                4. O.G still played great 1 on 1 defense and forced Lebron to take one of the most difficult game winning shots ever. He probably hits that 15% of the time. If thats the shot you give up your happy, just unfortunate an all time great was the one taking the shot.

Also unrelated to the X and O but this is the play that straw that broke the camels back and got Case fired. So O.G won us a title right here
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Feb 9, 2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X