Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

seriously? I mean I love him as a player... But he did enough in his career to deserve such a contract?
    Remember 2016? Not many players deserved the contracts they got that summer, but when there is an ocean of cap room and only so many FA's...

Also his defence alone is likely worth that, though defence usually doesn't get paid as well.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

80M should be an absolute floor for OG. He knows as well as we do that 2021 FA is drying up and he could easily get a max deal next summer. Why would he sign for dramatically less now? Heck, 20M was what I would have expected him to ask for BEFORE Giannis and Gobert signed their extensions...
      It only makes sense to max OG if he can be your teams Draymond - meaning you already have a Steph and Klay. I think he will end up being more than 3&D and a reliable small ball 5, but until then you just cant tie up a lot of cap in him. You’ve got to be able to score in the playoffs and honestly OG just isnt that guy yet. I’d be worried about Dallas blowing the bag on him, but thats about it.

Comment

• OG is slowly becoming one of the most overrated player in Raps history. Gonna have to put him up there now with JV, Mo Peterson and Alvin Williams.

You hear all the MIP talks and all star and how OG is gonna be better than Siakam after the 1st preseason game against Charlotte lol. It's hilarious. I'm not the biggest Siakam fan but he's SO much better than OG. The gap between Siakam and OG is so wide.

People mocked the Pistons for giving Grant 19m/year but somehow people are ok with the Raps giving OG 20m/year? Grant and OG are the same type of players. I like Grant a little more but they're the same type of players.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Grant's contract was an overpay.. but they did get him for 3 years, not 4.. Term always matters. Anunoby is also 3 years younger than Grant. Which also matters.

I think $20M is the market value, now set by the damn Pistons. Should have been closer to $15-17M.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            OG is slowly becoming one of the most overrated player in Raps history. Gonna have to put him up there now with JV, Mo Peterson and Alvin Williams.

You hear all the MIP talks and all star and how OG is gonna be better than Siakam after the 1st preseason game against Charlotte lol. It's hilarious. I'm not the biggest Siakam fan but he's SO much better than OG. The gap between Siakam and OG is so wide.

People mocked the Pistons for giving Grant 19m/year but somehow people are ok with the Raps giving OG 20m/year? Grant and OG are the same type of players. I like Grant a little more but they're the same type of players.
            Raptors have to overpay to keep their players. It's not a choice for them.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Grant's contract was an overpay.. but they did get him for 3 years, not 4.. Term always matters. Anunoby is also 3 years younger than Grant. Which also matters.

I think $20M is the market value, now set by the damn Pistons. Should have been closer to $15-17M.

He's a 15m player. 20m for a role player is pure insanity. Obviously they can't afford to lose him for nothing so whatever.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's a 15m player. 20m for a role player is pure insanity. Obviously they can't afford to lose him for nothing so whatever.
                Dont see OG signing an extention for this reason. He surely is closer to a 15 m guy than 20 m guy today, but with a very good season he could end up a max candidate - just look at Bam. These young guys coming off their rookie deal command a higher price than they deserve for potential, it constantly gets teams in trouble. That being said on a 4 to 5 year contract there is no avoiding it because even if OG isnt worth 20 m now, he likely makes up for it in years 3 & 4. Im one of the guys outragously high on OG and would pay a lot, but its not for what he is today as much as what I think he will be in a year or two. This is a big season for seeing what we have.

Comment

He's a 15m player today. He made great progress last year. Now, in preseason, playing with a bunch of new faces, after what, two weeks of training camp, he has having spotty results and you are sure that this is going to be who he stays for the season? That Nurse doesn't figure out how to use him better without Gasol and Ibaka? That he won't be worth $18 - 20 million by the end of the season, or worth $25 million 2 years into his extension or new contract? Quite some crystal ball you've got there. Buy some lottery tickets.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

He's a 15m player today. He made great progress last year. Now, in preseason, playing with a bunch of new faces, after what, two weeks of training camp, he has having spotty results and you are sure that this is going to be who he stays for the season? That Nurse doesn't figure out how to use him better without Gasol and Ibaka? That he won't be worth $18 - 20 million by the end of the season, or worth $25 million 2 years into his extension or new contract? Quite some crystal ball you've got there. Buy some lottery tickets.
                    The business goal is that the franchise should try to pay the player at his floor and hope that he outplays the value of his contract. That’s not being mean or unfair. This gives you room to add other players and build a stronger team and gives everybody, including the player, the best chance to win big.

The long-standing problem in Toronto is that we can’t attract top free agents so we overpay our homegrown guys, just to retain the asset, and then hope they improve enough to actually be worth what we overpaid them. No disrespect to OG, FVV and Pascal, but they are or will be overpaid.

That’s the reality of being a non-marquee market. Amazing what Masai and Bobby have accomplished working against that headwind.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The business goal is that the franchise should try to pay the player at his floor and hope that he outplays the value of his contract. That’s not being mean or unfair. This gives you room to add other players and build a stronger team and gives everybody, including the player, the best chance to win big.

The long-standing problem in Toronto is that we can’t attract top free agents so we overpay our homegrown guys, just to retain the asset, and then hope they improve enough to actually be worth what we overpaid them. No disrespect to OG, FVV and Pascal, but they are or will be overpaid.

That’s the reality of being a non-marquee market. Amazing what Masai and Bobby have accomplished working against that headwind.
                      Which home grown FA's have the Raptors overpaid and then had not live up to the price tag? Like, which player has Masai re-signed that would have opted into a player option if they had one?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Yes.

I mean, he's not just gonna all of a sudden average 20ppg. People just need to accept that he's a role player. He averaged 10/5 last year. That number I think is gonna go up by a little bit. I'm thinking 12/6. Is that a 20m player?

I tell you what, if he averaged more than 12/6 next season then you win. You wanna bet on that?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So Kyle Kuzma just signed..3 year extension at 40 million and if were going by stats and productivity..he has the edge..now is he the better player..I don't know,for me OG is better,but the stats don't lie..just saying..

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1340782563896545280
                          Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sun Dec 20, 2020, 10:21 PM.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            So Kyle Kuzma just signed..3 year extension at 40 million and if were going by stats and productivity..he has the edge..now is he the better player..I don't know,for me OG is better,but the stats don't lie..just saying..

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1340782563896545280
                            Kuzma is extraordinarily mediocre. OG is borderline all-defence.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Kuzma is extraordinarily mediocre. OG is borderline all-defence.
                              Agreed...if I'm the raps, I wouldn't be playing around with OG..just give him 18 million at 5 years and lock him up,bc u never know..he might turn into something special.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Robert Covington is probably the best comp to OG in terms of role/impact. A 3&D who can play 3/4/5 with elite D. RoCo is making $11-12M/yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X