X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I ask again only half jokingly.

Is OG the best player in the NBA?
    Best possible fit for the Raptors starting lineup. That's no joke.

Teams often try to assemble big 3's who are scorers and they almost never maximize the potential. On any given night you look at the boxscores for OKC (Melo, Russ, PG) & the T-Wolves (Wiggins, Butler, Towns) and at best only 2 of the 3 guys had a good scoring night and the 3rd guy's stats are crap. Kyle and DeMar play best with other role players, not scorers, like we saw with Rudy Gay.

OG is exactly what this team needed right now. A high IQ role player who can guard 1-4 (+ smallball 5's), cut, finish, pass and shoot the 3. Even handle the ball a little bit. Everything we thought we were getting with DeMarre Carroll at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Teams often try to assemble big 3's who are scorers and they almost never maximize the potential. On any given night you look at the boxscores for OKC (Melo, Russ, PG) & the T-Wolves (Wiggins, Butler, Towns) and at best only 2 of the 3 guys had a good scoring night and the 3rd guy's stats are crap. Kyle and DeMar play best with other role players, not scorers, like we saw with Rudy Gay.

OG is exactly what this team needed right now. A high IQ role player who can guard 1-4 (+ smallball 5's), cut, finish, pass and shoot the 3. Even handle the ball a little bit. Everything we thought we were getting with DeMarre Carroll at a fraction of the cost.
      Yeah, but the Raptors can probably only lock him up for the next 6 years. Then he will leave and go to LA or NY. :-)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And a fraction of the age.

Comment

• Watching OG's threes again from last night. Mixed it up a bit!

1. Jab step then shot
          2. Catch and shoot
          3. Catch and shoot
          4. Catch and shoot
          5. That fake, side-step dribble move, then shot
          6. Ball-fake then shot
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Watching OG's threes again from last night. Mixed it up a bit!

1. Jab step then shot
            2. Catch and shoot
            3. Catch and shoot
            4. Catch and shoot
            6. Ball-fake then shot
            Ray Allen, indeed!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Watching OG's threes again from last night. Mixed it up a bit!

1. Jab step then shot
              2. Catch and shoot
              3. Catch and shoot
              4. Catch and shoot
              6. Ball-fake then shot
              Yeah, was going to comment on his ability to fake, then shoot, that is the mark of a pretty accomplished shooter. In the previous game he had a nice jab-step-3 that eludes many young perimeter players.

Comment

• We have a little mini Shane Battier on our team. Just the perfect glue player that fits like a glove.

Comment

• One thing I notice is that he doesn’t attempt some challenges in the paint I would expect, his physicality on the interior can’t be at 100%. OK, back to gushing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    We have a little mini Shane Battier on our team. Just the perfect glue player that fits like a glove.
                    Mini?

I do like the comparison a lot more than Artest.

Comment

We have a little mini Shane Battier on our team. Just the perfect glue player that fits like a glove.
                      SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Mini?

Battier's cool-headedness/demeanour/IQ

Artest's body/athleticism.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Mini?

He's a rookie.. needs at least one season before I can consider him on par with Battier.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Battier's cool-headedness/demeanour/IQ

Artest's body/athleticism.
                          Did Artest have much in the way of uber-long limbs and run-jump athleticism though? I'd think his body is a lot more similar to Battier's.

Comment

He's a rookie.. needs at least one season before I can consider him on par with Battier.
                            Sure, but Mini implies same only smaller. Battier at age 20? Ergo, Battier Junior?

Comment

• I can see that happening, even though he deserves to be there but the selection process is based on popularity then actual merit so they might do something dirty like give the nod for Frank Nilikita and move Ben Simmons to SF and thus maybe squeeze OG out.

Comment

Working...
                              X