Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Somehow I'm not worried about OG. He has shown his maturity and skill level early.

Look at Siakam: Started as a rookie and then got relegated to the bench in his 2nd year. Then started playing at a high level in his 3 year.

I can see OG having that same career path.
    Only one problem... OG won’t be starting in his third year.

(Kawhi. ... He stay.)

Comment

• I think OG NEEDS to take a significant step next season as he seems to have stagnated this year, even considering his off-court challenges and the fact that he's still really young. I want him to be more assertive offensively and bring the energy to his game that's not in his natural makeup.

I don't want to be too critical of him at all but I expect more next season. I'll be interested in seeing what the Raptors plans are for him after we win the chip in a few months. Hopefully he doesn't get complacent with a ring so early in his career ....

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Only one problem... OG won’t be starting in his third year.

(Kawhi. ... He stay.)
        Wouldn't the dream scenario long term to be playing OG, Kawhi and Siakam beside each other for long stretches, potentially even as a starting lineup?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Wouldn't the dream scenario long term to be playing OG, Kawhi and Siakam beside each other for long stretches, potentially even as a starting lineup?
          That's the dream scenario for sure. Put a prodigy yet-to-be-drafted point guard and a stretchy modern Euro big (like in the Jokic vein) to play with them, and it's a championship built team for years to come...

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            If Kawhi's staying so is Danny.. and I'd prefer Danny getting more minutes next to Siakam and Kawhi than OG.

Comment

• If Danny leaves, it will impact this team more than we all let on. He's a serious Basketballer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                If Kawhi's staying so is Danny.. and I'd prefer Danny getting more minutes next to Siakam and Kawhi than OG.
                Yeah but I think he's talking more in the long term. Danny is 31 now; if in 2021-2022 he is still as effective on both ends as he is now, by all means, but that's a tall order, father time will catch up with everyone. OG needs another year under his belt to mature his offence, but he can develop into a top tier 3&D player if the 3-ball becomes consistent.

Comment

• Siakam is too small for long term 5, and OG and Kawhi are too big for long term 2...not for defense, but for ball handling. All 3 guys are basically a 3.5 position. It's a deadly lineup in spurts but not sure I like it to start games
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

From Blake’s Pascal article on the Athletic. It sure what the volumes are but OG’s stats above the break are crazy
                    Looked at CTG - OG is 34/76, 45% on non-corner 3's. Weirdly he's only 21/82, 26% from the corners.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Siakam is too small for long term 5, and OG and Kawhi are too big for long term 2...not for defense, but for ball handling. All 3 guys are basically a 3.5 position. It's a deadly lineup in spurts but not sure I like it to start games
                      Meh, Kawhi is three times the ball handler Green is, doesn't stop Green from playing SG beside him. Same would go for OG.

The length and switch ability of those three across the 2-3-4 positions would be a nightmare for teams. Green has been fantastic and has deserved to start this year, but if he's not here next season or drops off sometime during the year if he does stay, OG could fill in just fine.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Looked at CTG - OG is 34/76, 45% on non-corner 3's. Weirdly he's only 21/82, 26% from the corners.
                        Wow those numbers above the break for OG are awesome. Never would have guessed he was that good from there. Do you know how many shots he took from there? I can look it up but too lazy.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Wow those numbers above the break for OG are awesome. Never would have guessed he was that good from there. Do you know how many shots he took from there? I can look it up but too lazy.
                          I totally understand that. Not sure it's this, but back in the day, I had a real tough time shooting from the baseline. I realized later on that I was using the backboard as a reference for depth perception instead of focussing on the rim. Just a bad habit that I picked up as a kid that I couldn't shake later on.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            I totally understand that. Not sure it's this, but back in the day, I had a real tough time shooting from the baseline. I realized later on that I was using the backboard as a reference for depth perception instead of focussing on the rim. Just a bad habit that I picked up as a kid that I couldn't shake later on.
                            I doubt that’s it for OG, he was killer from the corners last year. Probably just the fluctuation in lineups and role leading to inconsistent shooting no matter where he’s setting up.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This kid can't catch a break this year! Appendicitis!

Comment

• what you do is [ tweet ] copy tweet link [/ tweet ]. Just no spaces

no need to embed
                                Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Apr 12, 2019, 01:22 PM.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X