No announcement yet.

Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel OG will make a big step in development this summer. He was hungry to play this year, but with issues outside the court and medical stuff he barely got to play. My wishlist for things for him to focus this summer:

--Become a deadly spot up shooter
    --Continue to hone his individual and team defence skills, which are already at a high level.
    --Rebounding fundamentals (positioning, timing etc)

If were him I wouldn't focus too much on things like dribbling, post-up etc..Just really use every ounce of practice time on those 3 areas above. If he's got that down, he's a starter on this team again next year. Master that now and when he's about 24 like Siakam, start working on handles, passing, transition etc. If he accomplishes that, he'll be an all-star at 25.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Hope kid is doing ok. I don't see him with Larry OB anywhere. or maybe he's just lowkey
      Just watched some of the post game footage and saw him giving Pascal a beer shower when Pascal was being interviewed by TSN. He looked plenty happy.

Comment

• Your 2019-20 Most Improved Player Ladies and Gentlemen ... Book it.
        Image result for og anunoby

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Your 2019-20 Most Improved Player Ladies and Gentlemen ... Book it.
          Image result for og anunoby
          Ha Ha. Just came to this thread to post the same thing. Looking forward to his season starting in October.

Comment

• Hopefully, OG can learn to handle a larger offensive role but I'm not sure I see it in him. He's really lacking in terms of coordination so I'm not sure he'll ever really be able to handle the ball that well. He does have decent court vision though.

Comment

• I'm just not sold on OG.
              Got a big pass and benefit of the doubt this year but this is his show-me season imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I'm just not sold on OG.
                Got a big pass and benefit of the doubt this year but this is his show-me season imo
                Why now? He can be a good role player.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Why now? He can be a good role player.
                  We don't need a good role player, all we've been talking about is trading for or developing elite players. He was sold as kawhi lite and recently, as next year's MIP. Fans talk about building around Pascal, OG and FVV....you don't build around role players

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

We don't need a good role player, all we've been talking about is trading for or developing elite players. He was sold as kawhi lite and recently, as next year's MIP. Fans talk about building around Pascal, OG and FVV....you don't build around role players
                    No shit. You don't throw away good players on rookie contract just because they are not elite. Regarding Kawhi-lite - Fans always overrate their own players. No need to take it seriously.

You develop young guys as well as you can. Trade them if there's an opportunity to improve.

JV, T-Ross were our young guys. We developed into great assets and got trades done. No need to rethink that strategy.

Comment

• Waiting for OG’s “I got us” tweet

Comment

• well OG... you're up!
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No shit. You don't throw away good players on rookie contract just because they are not elite. Regarding Kawhi-lite - Fans always overrate their own players. No need to take it seriously.

You develop young guys as well as you can. Trade them if there's an opportunity to improve.

JV, T-Ross were our young guys. We developed into great assets and got trades done. No need to rethink that strategy.
                          Who said ANYTHING about "throwing away good players on rookie contracts"???

I just said I'm not completely sold on OG, he got a pass last year and it's a show-me (prove-em) season for him imo. You don't have to make up words for me to make another point or disagree. OG is not yet a player to plan to build around just as I dount he was much of a selling point for Kawhi to stay.

Comment

• If a question "do you build around OG" I can tell you right now that you don't.

Comment

• no, but you need players like him. Him and Siakam are good wings to build around. If we can find a SG and PG in the next few years, we are back in the mix.

Comment

• OG is going to be the X-Factor next year ... let's see what he was able to learn from Kawhi in their one year together, and what he can do when he's healthy and in a better mindset.

Comment

Working...
                                X