Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Big shoutout to OG rocking 58/50/33 shooting splits. That seems like it should be impossible
    Hes shooting 3s at his career free throw rate and free throws at his career 3 pt rate
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bruce Bowen once ended the season with 3%>FT%

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Went on a twitter rant on how impressive OG's defence was versus Sacramento, copying content here:

For the record, Kings players scored 13 points with OG as the primary defender. That's in over 37 minutes, with OG typically getting the primary assignment. Those 13 points came on 16 FGAs, plus one trip to the FT line and 1 turnover. That's 13 points on 18 possessions.

13 points on 18 possessions is an ORTG of 72. Even adjusting for offensive rebounds not being considered, that's very low. On the night, the Kings put up 120 points on 119 shooting/TO possessions - meaning non-OG-defended players put up an average individual ORTG of 106.

Even more impressive is the details. Only 6 of those 18 possessions were 3 point attempts. And the point total was inflated by the Kings hitting 3 of those 6 three point attempts (all from Buddy Hield on 4 attempts). Only Richaud Holmes managed to hit a single 2 point FG over OG.

That makes the Kings 1 for 10 on 2 point attempts when defended by OG, with only one trip to the line for their trouble. Can look at Buddy Hield, who scored 9 points on OG (on 9 FGAs). Away from OG, he scored 12 points on 7 FGAs.

On top of that, a guy like Bogdanovic, who went off for 22 points on 14 shots... OG guarded him for the 4th most possessions on the team. Bogdanovic recorded zero points, zero FGAs, zero FTAs, zero anything in those possessions.
        OG had an awesome game last night. He is playing like someone looking for big contract. Also, he and KLOE seemed to be having a good discussion at one point in the 3Q (or 4Q?). Wonder what it was about as I don't ever recall seeing OG so animated???

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Bruce Bowen once ended the season with 3%>FT%
          Calderone once missed only 3 FT all year ....

Comment

• When I was in grade 7 or 8 eons ago, from time to time the coach would organize a race from one end of the court to the other. This race consisted of the grade 7'ers running straight, against grade 12'ers running laterally. Usually the race was pretty close because even though the grade 12'ers were much bigger, they were hindered by the fact the were running 'laterally'. There was this kid though that would always win with time to spare and get to the other end of the court so quickly, even though he was running sideways. OG reminds me of that guy.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              When I was in grade 7 or 8 eons ago, from time to time the coach would organize a race from one end of the court to the other. This race consisted of the grade 7'ers running straight, against grade 12'ers running laterally. Usually the race was pretty close because even though the grade 12'ers were much bigger, they were hindered by the fact the were running 'laterally'. There was this kid though that would always win with time to spare and get to the other end of the court so quickly, even though he was running sideways. OG reminds me of that guy.
              Did the people running sideways hurt themselves a lot? I just think doing that would cause a ton of rolled ankles, maybe I’m just clumsy though.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

Did the people running sideways hurt themselves a lot? I just think doing that would cause a ton of rolled ankles, maybe I’m just clumsy though.
                Sometimes they would "trip on themselves" and fall, but I never really saw anyone get injured. They also only had us do it when it everyone was already "warm" (it wasn't a warmup exercise), so I think that helped avoid rolled ankles too. That, and by the time they had you "race" that way, you had been practicing moving sideways for a few years, so you were used to it.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Sometimes they would "trip on themselves" and fall, but I never really saw anyone get injured. They also only had us do it when it everyone was already "warm" (it wasn't a warmup exercise), so I think that helped avoid rolled ankles too. That, and by the time they had you "race" that way, you had been practicing moving sideways for a few years, so you were used to it.
                  This sounds very peculiar. Did you attend school in Kazakhstan?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Agility Drills that followed.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, and after that we had to go outside and chase chickens for our supper

Comment

• This isn't fair. Things were supposed to happen a certain way, and now they're not happening that way at all.

In case you weren't aware, let me fill you in: Kawhi Leonard left the Raptors during the offseason. He ran away to Los Angeles because he couldn't deal with the stress of trying to repeat as champion. He's as gone as it's possible to be. He's never coming back.

What this meant for DownToBuck is that his preferred team (the Bucks, couldn't you tell) didn't have to deal with Kawhi OR the Raptors in the playoffs. Maybe in the future, but not this year. This year, the path to the Finals is clear.

Or so I thought, but fate has to come in and make everything horrible for me like it always does. The second Kawhi leaves, the Raptors find ANOTHER Kawhi just sitting around on their roster named OG Anunoby. How is that fair? Most teams never get a Kawhi in their whole franchise history and the Raptors just stumble upon two in a row? Sure, Anunoby isn't quite at the real Kawhi's level yet, but he's getting there. Every game, he gets closer. His face, approaching me in my dreams, slithering through the black curtains of night, taunting me, laughing at me. But mostly, just staring. Blank, expressionless.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• One does start getting the impression that if OG were to work on and develop his handle the way Kawhi, DD, and Pascal did, there’s a whack of true star potential - beyond ultimate 3&d roleplayer - not far beneath the surface.

He’s already got enough ball skills to attack the close out and read the play, but the remaining upside is now just that more realistic and enticing.
                          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Nov 9, 2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            One does start getting the impression that if OG were to work on and develop his handle the way Kawhi, DD, and Pascal did, there’s a whack of true star potential - beyond ultimate 3&d roleplayer - not far beneath the surface.

He’s already got enough ball skills to attack close out and read the play, but the remaining upside is now just that more realistic and enticing.
                            If you compare OG's current stats & Kawhi at 22 years old, both are eerily similar.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If you compare OG's current stats & Kawhi at 22 years old, both are eerily similar.
                              Yes but Kawhi still had more handle and shades of mid range game was there. it's too much to ask. I'm not seriously expecting OG to become a superstar. But could he be all-star one day? Why not.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yes but Kawhi still had more handle and shades of mid range game was there. it's too much to ask. I'm not seriously expecting OG to become a superstar. But could he be all-star one day? Why not.
                                Even if OG is just another Robert Covington I would be happy with that.

Beside's we already got Pascal & Giannis is coming in 2 years so things will be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X