Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Are you implying this was O.G fault? If so thats so off.
    1.Dwayne thought they were going to bring it out at half court and drew the defense up for that.
    2. They took the ball full court and got Lebron a head of stream
    3.Pascal never doubled which he was supposed to because he was thrown off that they brought it full court
    4. O.G still played great 1 on 1 defense and forced Lebron to take one of the most difficult game winning shots ever. He probably hits that 15% of the time. If thats the shot you give up your happy, just unfortunate an all time great was the one taking the shot.

Also unrelated to the X and O but this is the play that straw that broke the camels back and got Case fired. So O.G won us a title right here
    OG was also a rookie there, covering one of the greatest players of all time, who also happened to be putting up a historic performance that post season. Not sure how one can blame that result on OG, when he played a significant role in that come back.

Comment

Mentioned it in the game thread but thought it needs to be pointed out again.
      Often we over look O.G value here. In playoffs/close games your going to run into situation where you need a guy to get you a late clutch bucket and everyone remembers the moments those guy hit a big clutch shot. What we don't often think about is isolation defender who you put on the other teams #1 option at the end of game and say "Don't let him score"
      O.G is that guy for us and it is just as important as a clutch bucket, he basically hit a game winning defensive stand against a guard who was on fire in Levert. Not only is he a great defender you can put him on guards/wings/ and P.F. Who most likely are the guy who are taking those late shots.
      What makes that stop even better is O.G asked for Levert, he was torching us and O.G said give me Levert ill stop him. And he did.
      I totally agree but Levert did get the shot off and it wasn't a bad shot. It was well contested but he got a clean shot off.
      Then we lost the defensive rebound and they got an under the basket bunny off off again with the clock expiring.
      How would the narrative have changed if with of those had dropped?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I totally agree but Levert did get the shot off and it wasn't a bad shot. It was well contested but he got a clean shot off.
        Then we lost the defensive rebound and they got an under the basket bunny off off again with the clock expiring.
        How would the narrative have changed if with of those had dropped?
        That siakam didn't box out.. a contested shot is pretty much best case sceanrio. They nets tried to get O.G switched off but levert couldnt shake him. He was on fire and the shot wasn't particularly close O.G played perfect defense. You go for a block or steal you run the risk of fouling.
        Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Feb 9, 2020, 06:29 PM.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

That siakam didn't box out.. a contested shot is pretty much best case sceanrio. They nets tried to get O.G switched off but levert couldnt shake him. He was on fire and the shot wasn't particularly close O.G played perfect defense. You go for a block or steal you run the risk of fouling.
          Again yes, but the narrative would have totally changed had either one of those shots dropped. It would be epic (tired) collapse and no one would be saying what great D that was when Levert dropped that last second game winning shot against us. They say how did the red hot Levert get at all open to get a shot off lol.

I don't want to get into this over and over again, especially after yet another huge win. But 4th or 5th option or not, good D or passing or not, a zero line is never acceptable from a starter.

OG has had a couple of good overall games and that's awesome.
          Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Feb 9, 2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Levert airballed. Doesn't matter if he got his shot off.Demar could get his shot off against anyone but that shit was bricking more than often. Good contest is more than enough
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Again yes, but the narrative would have totally changed had either one of those shots dropped. It would be epic (tired) collapse and no one would be saying what great D that was when Levert dropped that last second game winning shot against us. They say how did the red hot Levert get at all open to get a shot off lol.

I don't want to get into this over and over again, especially after yet another huge win. But 4th or 5th option or not, good D or passing or not, a zero line is never acceptable from a starter.

OG has had a couple of good overall games and that's awesome.
              Would you rather have andrew wiggins as a 4th or 5th option on this team? Cause he wont put up a zero statline. and he's not able to guard the best player regardless of there position

Comment

Would you rather have andrew wiggins as a 4th or 5th option on this team? Cause he wont put up a zero statline. and he's not able to guard the best player regardless of there position

I'd rather have OG a bit more engaged and still put up great D.
                Just like I wanted with Marc and it worked out perfectly for quite a stretch before he got hammied again.

OG has it in him, just not very often.

Stop trying to make it look like I don't like OG

Comment

[IMG]
                  Stop trying to make it look like I don't like OG
                  Well your nit picking his great defensive effort. Seems like you want to minimize how big of a defensive stop he made to win us the game last night? Your doing a good enough job of making it seem like you dont like him lol

Comment

Well your nit picking his great defensive effort. Seems like you want to minimize how big of a defensive stop he made to win us the game last night? Your doing a good enough job of making it seem like you dont like him lol
                    Didn't mean it that way at all. But some people could use a dose of self awareness around here

Comment

Didn't mean it that way at all. But some people could use a dose of self awareness around here
                      You’re out of your mind if you think Caris got a good shot off. That was incredible D by OG... If by some miracle he hits it, the narrative would be unbelievable contested shot ... not “how was he left that open.”

Comment

• Big game OG!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Big game OG!
                          Bigger game tonight.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Bigger game tonight.
                            Maybe even bigger game next game 😉
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Bigger game tonight.
                              That’s was tonight...

Comment

• OG can't and doesn't need to have these types of games every night. But I hope a few posters can see that he's capable of more than just great D and can check in on the offense more when he's engaged in the process. Why does he have to be limited to the 5th option all night as some assert? He's still super young and developing.

Comment

Working...
                                X