Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    OG can't and doesn't need to have these types of games every night. But I hope a few posters can see that he's capable of more than just great D and can check in on the offense more when he's engaged in the process. Why does he have to be limited to the 5th option all night as some assert? He's still super young and developing.
    Keep in mind he's playing on a championship team, in the starting line up, surrounded by vets. Teams like that with title aspirations don't stop to develop guys during the season. His time will come once the vets move on and he's given a bigger role in the offense, but for now he's 5th option in the starting line up.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      OG can't and doesn't need to have these types of games every night. But I hope a few posters can see that he's capable of more than just great D and can check in on the offense more when he's engaged in the process. Why does he have to be limited to the 5th option all night as some assert? He's still super young and developing.
      He's super young and still developing which is exactly why on some nights he's going to struggle to get any offence going at all, and exactly why that's not a big deal. Consistency will come, flashes are great for now, especially since the defence is there every night, which is the important part. Not every team is terrible defensively like the Wolves and will get back cut into oblivion. And some nights the 3s won't go down. OG didn't do anything in terms of creating his own offence in this one for the vast majority of his success, he let the opportunities come to him - which is the right approach, and will sometimes yield big results and sometimes yield nothing at all. Either of which are fine, because it is the right approach.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• When his shot goes in he'll have games like this. You cant rely on it and you shouldn't. He's low usage offensive player.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          When his shot goes in he'll have games like this. You cant rely on it and you shouldn't. He's low usage offensive player.
          It was also a lot of defensive breakdowns from the Wolves letting Lowry find him for dunks. OG is a good cutter but almost by definition the defence has to make mistakes for cutting to get you looks like that.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Game is starting to click for OG. Shot looking nice.

Comment

• little discussion going online regarding this defensive footwork. Is this good footwork in your opinion?

Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jul 29, 2020, 12:10 AM.

Comment

little discussion going online regarding this defensive footwork. Is this good footwork in your opinion?

I think that is good defense against someone like Westbrook's. If that was situational by O.G knowing russ wants to drive its genius.

if that was harden or a 3pt shooter they would just step back when he turned his back.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

little discussion going online regarding this defensive footwork. Is this good footwork in your opinion?

His opponent starts off by going to his left, but OG was blocking his lane, so he crossed over to his right. By the book, the defender should bring his left foot back laterally and keep the opponents hip in front of yours in order to continue to block the lane (rather than turn the torso) - but in that case, OG instinctively knew that he didn't have time for that, and would likely be blown by if he went by the book, so he anticipates the attacker's dash to the middle of the paint and matches the opponent speed to deny his space.

I think if you know you can pull it off, that's the right move, but only advanced/elite defenders like OG can pull that off without tripping, being blown by or fouling. OG has a pretty rare combination of speed, strength, length, spacial awareness of where he is in relation to the attacker, and the knack to quickly anticipate what the opponent is gonna do. Players guarded by OG typically have a very difficult time getting into a rhythm.
                  Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Jul 29, 2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• He signed with Klutch Sports now

Comment

• this scares me

Comment

He signed with Klutch Sports now
                        It should be noted that he has been represented by, and is still with, Omar Wilkes. Omar was his agent when OG was drafted, with Octagon.

Omar has now transferred over to Klutch as of June to take over as head of basketball operations, and unsurprisingly, players like OG Anunoby and Trae Young have stuck with Omar, so they've ended up making that switch over as well.

I found this out through some digging as Klutch carries some unease for many of us perhaps... it looks like Wilkes is a respected agent though and this is probably not as big of a deal as saying "he signed with Klutch" might lead one to believe, in the sense of "OH SHIT HE'S GONE TO JOIN LEBRON."

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          this scares me
                          ha.. that's why I went digging

Comment

• From what I read, his previous agent (Omar Wilkes) joined Klutch. And therefore OG joined Klutch through association.

Comment

• What's the concern re: Klutch? They've gotten huge, represent a lot of players across multiple sports. They're not all going to play with Lebron.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                What's the concern re: Klutch? They've gotten huge, represent a lot of players across multiple sports. They're not all going to play with Lebron.
                                Lebron man bad
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X