Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah the injuries are a problem. Outside of that I just think he fits our team a lot better than Fred.

He doesn't need a lot of shots (11 FGA per game), he's an excellent 3PT shooter, he's a great passer, rebounds well, get lots of steals and is a good defender. He's also big enough to guard wings.

If the plan is to build around Pascal, OG, and Scottie then Lonzo is an excellent fit with them as the starting PG.

With the injury history we could get a pick heading our way as well. I'd take a chance on Ball.
    In terms of fit, yeah Lonzo would be great. Just a huge risk we'd be taking though considering how young he is and the injury history.

Comment

• Zach Lowe mentioned that any trade including OG should give a Donovan Mitchell type haul... I think if there's a similar deal out there, it would be worth exploring. I love OG but he is very limited in how much he can carry an offence.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Zach Lowe mentioned that any trade including OG should give a Donovan Mitchell type haul... I think if there's a similar deal out there, it would be worth exploring. I love OG but he is very limited in how much he can carry an offence.
        Was the Donovan Mitchell trade a good haul though? Assuming the Cavs are a top 4 seed in the East going forward.. that's draft picks in the mid/low 20's. Then you have guys like Markkanen and Sexton that were thrown in.. but they were never considered can't miss players/prospects when traded.

OG has a lot of flaws. But on the right team and right personnel he can be invaluable. The amount of work required to defend the best players every night is so hard. You need mentally sound guys to do that. The biggest concern I have with OG is his durability. But that's more of an annoyance than a real issue.

I don't trade OG unless we're getting a star back. Not picks/mediocre players.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah the injuries are a problem. Outside of that I just think he fits our team a lot better than Fred.

He doesn't need a lot of shots (11 FGA per game), he's an excellent 3PT shooter, he's a great passer, rebounds well, get lots of steals and is a good defender. He's also big enough to guard wings.

If the plan is to build around Pascal, OG, and Scottie then Lonzo is an excellent fit with them as the starting PG.

With the injury history we could get a pick heading our way as well. I'd take a chance on Ball.
          I suspect in such a deal Masai would absolutely be looking for additional assets coming our way. Like a prospect along the lines of Patrick Williams, a pick, or multiple picks. I do think Lonzo is a pretty great centerpiece in such a deal but we'd certainly be looking for a package around him, especially considering his injury status and history.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lonzo would be fantastic, but we'd have to wait until next season for him to get healthy. If Raptors go the route of re-tooling and tank this season, Lonzo would be a good piece to get for next season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Lonzo would be fantastic, but we'd have to wait until next season for him to get healthy. If Raptors go the route of re-tooling and tank this season, Lonzo would be a good piece to get for next season.
              This is why I think any Lonzo deal would have to be Lonzo+. Another piece that could help fill the Fred void a little bit in the short term so the fall off from the deal isn't so extreme.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So Lonzo doesn't have some career derailing injury or something does he? If it's just wait a year and he'll be back - that's an interesting option for sure. If it's let's pray and see what we have here.. then no way do we take that gamble.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  So Lonzo doesn't have some career derailing injury or something does he? If it's just wait a year and he'll be back - that's an interesting option for sure. If it's let's pray and see what we have here.. then no way do we take that gamble.
                  Well its already been almost a year since he last played. Said he still struggled walking up the stairs not too long ago, but recent news says his rehab is going well and could potentially debut either near the end of this season or most likely next season.

Comment

• The play would have to be trade Fred for Lonzo plus but tank this season for a higher pick to add to Lonzo next season

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect in such a deal Masai would absolutely be looking for additional assets coming our way. Like a prospect along the lines of Patrick Williams, a pick, or multiple picks. I do think Lonzo is a pretty great centerpiece in such a deal but we'd certainly be looking for a package around him, especially considering his injury status and history.
                      You stealing my trade ideas? Like I said… I’ve been selling high on Fred for years:

golden wrote: View Post

What IS the market for Fred, then, in your opinion?

Fred for Lonzo + Patrick Williams is feasible deal that makes sense for both teams, IMO. Who says no?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        The play would have to be trade Fred for Lonzo plus but tank this season for a higher pick to add to Lonzo next season
                        You'd have to factor in what Siakam would think about that. He's already been asked to waste a couple of seasons in his prime because of the re-tool and waiting on Scottie, Precious, Trent and the rest to develop. Now Raps tell him their plan is to move one of, if not his closest friends on the team and re-tool again? Vets know that it doesn't matter how good a young player might be, you just can't win with them until they gain a certain amount of experience. Not sure if Siakam wants to waste his prime years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You'd have to factor in what Siakam would think about that. He's already been asked to waste a couple of seasons in his prime because of the re-tool and waiting on Scottie, Precious, Trent and the rest to develop. Now Raps tell him their plan is to move one of, if not his closest friends on the team and re-tool again? Vets know that it doesn't matter how good a young player might be, you just can't win with them until they gain a certain amount of experience. Not sure if Siakam wants to waste his prime years.
                          I have no idea but is there any real evidence or understanding that Fred is "one of, if not his closest friends on the team"?
                          I get they're the same age and came of age with the Raptors but i don't think it's exactly Lowry/DeMar or Pascal/Poeltl-esque.

Comment

I have no idea but is there any real evidence or understanding that Fred is "one of, if not his closest friends on the team"?
                            I get they're the same age and came of age with the Raptors but i don't think it's exactly Lowry/DeMar or Pascal/Poeltl-esque.
                            Don't think so. Its well documented how close Lowry and Demar were and even Pascal and Poeltl. Haven't seen that for Pascal and Fred outside of they grew up and played together on the Raptors for the last 7 or so seasons.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Waste is a strong word.
                              It's not Scottie's or any of his teammates' fault.
                              It's 100% on Masai and Nick.

Comment

No idea, but in terms of the team they are probably closer than with anyone else. Their friendship is the more minor of the concerns I listed though. How does resetting the timeline to win a championship again impact Siakam's decision to resign?

Comment

Working...
                                X