Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The DPOY award is a big man's award which imo is wrong. I hope the voters realize that a great perimeter defender is more valuable than a great rim protector especially in TODAY's game where everything is about wing players/shooters. They got it right last year with Smart so I hope it's a start? if OG stays healthy he should win it.
    The NBA and the media doesn't think too hard when its giving out DPOY awards. They figure out who the best defensive teams are (and there is a stat for that). Then they pick the "best" defensive player from that team. And "best" is going to be subjective. Just like Finals MVP typically is.

Boston had a top defense last year.. hence Smart getting it (although I still think it should have been Williams).

Raptors have the 14th best defense in the league. It's an individual award, but unless the Raptors climb back to the top 5, OG ain't getting it.

Cavs have the #1 defense right now.. so everyone will be looking at Allen. Next four are Philly (Embiid), Bucks (Giannis), Clippers (George or Kawhi), Grizzlies (Jackson Jr).

The Clippers is the one team that's hard to pick a best defensive player out of. But it would probably go to one of those other guys from one of those other teams anyway. I bet the odds are in Allen's favour right now.

OG should be lucky to even make an all-defense team if the Raptors still end up around 14th at the end of the year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We're not going to have cap space basically ever, so this is a non issue. You bring in new guys via trade now and that's pretty much the only way.
      Then I guess Masai has to study how other GM's bring in FA .... or screw the cap
      -Tired of hearing how we're up against it without a top 10 player.
      Several teams have 2 stars (when healthy) arguably better than the level of Pascal/Fred

Tatum/Brown
      lebron/Davis
      Kawhi/PG
      Durant/Kyrie
      Embiid/Harden/(Simmons)
      Jokic/Murray
      Giannis/Jrue/(Middleton)
      Zion/Ingram (yes Zion will get expensive)

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Then I guess Masai has to study how other GM's bring in FA .... or screw the cap
        -Tired of hearing how we're up against it without a top 10 player.
        Several teams have 2 stars (when healthy) arguably better than the level of Pascal/Fred

Tatum/Brown
        lebron/Davis
        Kawhi/PG
        Durant/Kyrie
        Embiid/Harden/(Simmons)
        Jokic/Murray
        Giannis/Jrue/(Middleton)
        Zion/Ingram (yes Zion will get expensive)
        Most of those guys aren't better than pascal though. Lebron and Davis sure, but lebron is old and his time is limited now, davis barely plays. Kyrie can hit a big shot and is certainly gifted offensively but he ain't half the player pascal is. Tatum, Durant, embiid, jokic, giannis are easy to agree with. Health has to play a factor when considering these things, so hard to put kawhi ahead of him. PG, jrue, Middleton, Murray, harden, Simmons (lol) aren't as good as pascal. Neither are zion or Ingram (although both at their peak may be better than peak pascal, yet to be determined). Brown and pascal, I think, are at about the same level.

I get what you're saying, we need another star, but you just can't ignore the cap. Attracting a star in free agency is ridiculously hard for all but 3 or 4 franchises. And then you need the cap space, which now means having $40 mil of space available to pay one of these guys. That's not easy to do and incredibly risky with no guarantee said player will sign with your team. The more prudent approach is what we have been doing lately, play above the cap and have the salary for a trade or SnT to get that other star. Which is probably why they will resign both Gary and fred in the offseason if a really good opportunity doesn't present itself by the deadline.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Most of those guys aren't better than pascal though. Lebron and Davis sure, but lebron is old and his time is limited now, davis barely plays. Kyrie can hit a big shot and is certainly gifted offensively but he ain't half the player pascal is. Tatum, Durant, embiid, jokic, giannis are easy to agree with. Health has to play a factor when considering these things, so hard to put kawhi ahead of him. PG, jrue, Middleton, Murray, harden, Simmons (lol) aren't as good as pascal. Neither are zion or Ingram (although both at their peak may be better than peak pascal, yet to be determined). Brown and pascal, I think, are at about the same level.

I get what you're saying, we need another star, but you just can't ignore the cap. Attracting a star in free agency is ridiculously hard for all but 3 or 4 franchises. And then you need the cap space, which now means having $40 mil of space available to pay one of these guys. That's not easy to do and incredibly risky with no guarantee said player will sign with your team. The more prudent approach is what we have been doing lately, play above the cap and have the salary for a trade or SnT to get that other star. Which is probably why they will resign both Gary and fred in the offseason if a really good opportunity doesn't present itself by the deadline.
          I guess that's why I underlined when healthy lol
          And the point was the combination of Pascal/Fred vs those pairs "than the level of Pascal/Fred" I think were the exact words....

Merry Christmas Jaws
          Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Dec 24, 2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I guess that's why I underlined when healthy lol
            And the point was the combination of Pascal/Fred vs those pairs "than the level of Pascal/Fred" I think were the exact words....

Merry Christmas Jaws
            Cheers

Comment

• Please don't be trading OG..I don't care how much u can get for him..his not replaceable. I believe it would be the biggest mistake in franchise history...
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                Please don't be trading OG..I don't care how much u can get for him..his not replaceable. I believe it would be the biggest mistake in franchise history...
                He's 100% not on the table unless they are absolutely blown away

Comment

• so what are the chances of OG winning DPOY on an awful defense team? i think hes second in the ladder right now behind brook lopez

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    so what are the chances of OG winning DPOY on an awful defense team? i think hes second in the ladder right now behind brook lopez
                    Zero

Comment

so what are the chances of OG winning DPOY on an awful defense team? i think hes second in the ladder right now behind brook lopez
                      unless we make the playoffs as a 5th seed which won't happen... slim to nil

Comment

All talk of him and DPOY has ended during this losing streak, is it 11 of 14? He won't even be top 2

Comment

• i did a mock draft back in the day and OG was 4th in the draft. i think that was a good spot for him. really is one of the best players of that class.

Comment

• Hardest worker in the league.i have a ton of respect for OG. Hes my only untouchable

Comment

• OG is a keeper.

Comment

• I was hard on him early in his career because I saw more in him. Still think he has untapped offensive ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X