Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grange:
    I spoke with Anunoby about his place in the Toronto firmament on Friday prior to him getting hurt after a scary fall from a foul on a dunk attempt. Reports about his relative satisfaction or lack thereof have been circulating since last summer, but when he’s spoken on it he’s dismissed them. So no surprise the individual Raptor most indifferent to media attention has paid little mind to being arguably the most prominent name making the rounds as trade speculation heats up.

As conversations go it was, predictable: short, polite, one-sided, and so for Anunoby, perfectly on brand:

If there was anything to rumours that he wants out of Toronto?

Anunoby: “No. It is what it is.”

Is he happy with his role in the Raptors offence?

Anunoby: “Just trying to get better every day. Some games you get a bigger role. It’s the same for everyone. It changes game to game.”

If it bothered him that his name was featuring fairly prominently in trade rumours leading up to the deadline:

Anunoby: “No, it doesn’t bother me. What can I do about it? I didn’t tell anyone to do that story or say whatever. It’s not my choice for whatever is going on to be going on. I can’t control it, so what’s the point of being mad about it?
    Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Jan 30, 2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• OK I love this guy.
      This is right up there with Kawhi's "we play in a building"

We then digressed into a discussion about his minimalist approach to social media.

Do you miss keeping up with your friends?

Anunoby: I have friends!

But social media is how a lot of people keep up with friends’ day-to-day stuff sometimes.

Anunoby: I have my friends’ phone numbers.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        OK I love this guy.
        This is right up there with Kawhi's "we play in a building"

We then digressed into a discussion about his minimalist approach to social media.

Do you miss keeping up with your friends?

Anunoby: I have friends!

But social media is how a lot of people keep up with friends’ day-to-day stuff sometimes.

Anunoby: I have my friends’ phone numbers.
        OG just being an OG.
        love it.

Comment

• He didn’t really shut anything down with the role thing. Seems he definitely does want a bigger role but understands it’s not that simple because 4 of the 5 starters probably want a bigger role. Siakam is probably the only guy that should have no complaints obviously.

Comment

• At least I'm happy about OG not moving.
            Any news when his coming back?
            Biggest OG fan here, same with Scottie..
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              At least I'm happy about OG not moving.
              Any news when his coming back?
              Biggest OG fan here, same with Scottie..
              I'd assume OG is back for our game tomorrow. I think we kept him out as a precautionary measure in case we dealt him. Didn't really need him either though, we're on a 3 game win streak, tied for longest of the season. Let's make it 4 tomorrow.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd assume OG is back for our game tomorrow. I think we kept him out as a precautionary measure in case we dealt him. Didn't really need him either though, we're on a 3 game win streak, tied for longest of the season. Let's make it 4 tomorrow.
                Probably OG will not play until after the All-Star break. Why play him for the next 3 games against sub 500 teams if his wrist is still tender?! Unnecessary.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Probably OG will not play until after the All-Star break. Why play him for the next 3 games against sub 500 teams if his wrist is still tender?! Unnecessary.
                  You could be right. I'm assuming it actually wasn't that bad and he's all healed up by tomorrow. That we kept him out because we were maybe gonna trade him, and not because he really couldn't play.

Comment

• I could be one of the only ppl who was very pleased that he wasn't moved and he sticked around with Raptors.
                    Unfortunately I don't get the same feeling with OG though. He seems like he has checked him self out already, he doesn't look inspiring, happy, body language just awful. Yeah I think the rumors were right all along, he definitely doesn't want 2 be here, which is sad..hopefully his professional enough and play through the season, it's hard when your not happy 2 be environment that you try be a good teammate, but other individuals have different goals.
                    It's evident that this will be OG last season, hope I'm wrong and sticks around.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Interesting situation, right now a lot depends on getting wrist and 3-point ball back to 100%. Have to believe that he'll benefit from improved ball movement but we'll see.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          if you gave me a 100 guesses i never would have placed banchero (or randle, to a lesser extent) in the top 5

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

if you gave me a 100 guesses i never would have placed banchero (or randle, to a lesser extent) in the top 5
                            Perhaps I was too harsh on Wiggins
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Well, I like this result because OG is a great defender and I love numbers that back that up, but defensive FG% is a largely junk stat that is mostly noise and luck. Hence some surprising names on the list, because the stat doesn't really describe defensive talent very well at all.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Who is this guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X