Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute.
    I have no problem with players cashing in with endorsements but would prefer better play from the team and less pitching for Bowlway, peanut butter, whatever restuarant it was and that soup thing

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
      Cute.
      I have no problem with players cashing in with endorsements but would prefer better play from the team and less pitching for Bowlway, peanut butter, whatever restuarant it was and that soup thing
      You should be massively cheering this stuff on. It's the best counter argument to players not wanting to come to Toronto for lack of endorsement deals. That argument doesn't hold up when we can show that 3rd/4th banana guys are getting national TV commercials. Trust me that does not happen for 3rd / 4th banana guys on the Lakers.

Comment

• I like this "bigger role" OG
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I like this "bigger role" OG
          OG has an awkward style and it makes some people think he's unskilled. He's really good he just looks awkward doing it. Judge the results, not how ugly it looks while he's doing it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

OG has an awkward style and it makes some people think he's unskilled. He's really good he just looks awkward doing it. Judge the results, not how ugly it looks while he's doing it.
            bigger role also doesn't mean he has to spam ISOs.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think it’s the cereals I ate this morning that I once again agree with your valuable thoughts Mr.Primer until the next one…

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, I like this result because OG is a great defender and I love numbers that back that up, but defensive FG% is a largely junk stat that is mostly noise and luck. Hence some surprising names on the list, because the stat doesn't really describe defensive talent very well at all.
                Why not?

Comment

• Isn't OK the guy everyone was so mad that Masai didn't trade for a bag of balls at the deadline? Amazing.

Comment

Well if he ever becomes the #1 option like Bridges is in Brooklyn, not sure it'll work, but in his current role, he is pretty good now that his 3 ball is falling at a decent rate.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Why not?
                      I'm not sure I understand the question, but I can try. Simple example: if I was guarding you, and I was terrible at it, and I left you wide open from 3 for 10 shots in a row, but you were in a funk and missed those shots, am I a good defender? If I was all up in your grill, had you off balance, got a hand in your face and forced a fadeaway tough pull-up jumper that you have a history of shooting 20% on, but you are on a heater that night and you hit 10 in a row, am I a bad defender?

Now, you'll say over the course of a game or bunch of games or season the luck will wash out - but if you actually study the statistic across the league, what you find is that the luck doesn't wash out in a single season sample. DFG% is not remotely repeatable, with the only exception being the absolutely elite and absolutely terrible defenders, and even then only right at the rim - anything midrange and out is almost entirely noise. So much so that if you told me a player's DFG% one year, and the league average DFG% for that year, and you were told to guess what their DFG% the following year would be, you would be closer by guessing the league average DFG% about 75% of the time rather than assuming they would repeat their DFG% performance, based on a couple of trials I ran a few years back.

The explanation is either that defensive skill is completely random and unrepeatable from year to year, or that this particular metric simply doesn't measure it. I believe the latter.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• og's larger role has come as a result of GTJ being put on the bench. Opening up more shot opportunities

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Who is this guy?

These are actually well done.
                          Actually even better than those cringey Scottie subs.
                          Btw, all Subway commercials suck.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            og's larger role has come as a result of GTJ being put on the bench. Opening up more shot opportunities
                            Really happy with OG right now! But, maybe this will result in Gary not being back here next season? We heard that he wanted to be back, but maybe that was before the trade?

Comment

• Really happy with OG game..wished he didn't play Siakim and Fv could be even better, hopefully one day..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Really happy with OG right now! But, maybe this will result in Gary not being back here next season? We heard that he wanted to be back, but maybe that was before the trade?
                                i think gary wants to be here i think they are kind of meh on gary if they can find an alternative... I can understand them going in either direction but if gary goes you have to sign and trade him

Comment

Working...
                                X