Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i think gary wants to be here i think they are kind of meh on gary if they can find an alternative... I can understand them going in either direction but if gary goes you have to sign and trade him
    why would the other team need to sign and trade for Gary?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I think TTF means the Raptors need to try to SnT him, to recoup some value since they didn't trade him at the deadline.

I still suspect the plan is to bring everyone back if they can.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OG ballin’ at the two/next to Jak. Great to see.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think TTF means the Raptors need to try to SnT him, to recoup some value since they didn't trade him at the deadline.

I still suspect the plan is to bring everyone back if they can.
          So you think MLSE is cool going into the luxury tax for this team?? Interesting, since they've been so tax averse before I figured they would just avoid it at all costs this year, like before, and let one of the three big free agents go. Guess we'll see and the team is looking better the last few games so who knows...

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

So you think MLSE is cool going into the luxury tax for this team?? Interesting, since they've been so tax averse before I figured they would just avoid it at all costs this year, like before, and let one of the three big free agents go. Guess we'll see and the team is looking better the last few games so who knows...
            It's always been the biggest problem with this team; capped out, hoping to just retain their own FA and sell it as a big win, never capable of attracting other's FA.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

It's always been the biggest problem with this team; capped out, hoping to just retain their own FA and sell it as a big win, never capable of attracting other's FA.
              That's a problem for every team in the NBA except the LA teams and Miami, and briefly Brooklyn.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That's a problem for every team in the NBA except the LA teams and Miami, and briefly Brooklyn.
                And even for them it often turns out to be a sucker’s bet.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

depends on the team... and depends on how much he wants... basically teams would need to consider dropping several guys depending on the team. Like Orlando is a good example. They would have to drop two dudes.. I suppose they could cut Jonathan Isaac to get Fred but the point is they need to drop some dudes. so you may as well work out a sign and trade (unless its isaac) Isaac has 7.6 mill guaranteed next year but I would prefer not to do that.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

And even for them it often turns out to be a sucker’s bet.
                    Yeah, like if Brooklyn had to do it all over again... they would bring in KD as a FA without being forced to take Kyrie in a package deal. But that scenario wasn't available to them.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Not true, we're not talking the elite guys.
                      Plenty of teams have signed top end FA that weren't their own.
                      We generally just puff out our chests if we re-sign our own.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Not true, we're not talking the elite guys.
                        Plenty of teams have signed top end FA that weren't their own.
                        We generally just puff out our chests if we re-sign our own.
                        Role players think the same way as elite guys. Good weather, low taxes, chances to win championship. the only reason they would go to Toronto is money or develop good enough to make money.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• no one is calling Siakam i promise you
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Role players think the same way as elite guys. Good weather, low taxes, chances to win championship. the only reason they would go to Toronto is money or develop good enough to make money.
                            So the better play as a Canadian franchise owner is to maximize profits since the odds of winning a Championship are stacked aganst you. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• We're falling apart here folks. I'm guilty of it as well even after saying all last season that it would be 2-3 years minimum before the young core catches up to the old one and we'd be ready to compete at a high level.

This is proof enough that none of us could handle an actual full rebuild. One season of losing and we're talking batshit crazy.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

I don't think the team will go into the luxury tax for this team. But I also think a) there is a chance they can fit everyone under as is, and b) if they can't, letting FAs walk is not the only path to getting under - for example, if they value Gary more than, say, Boucher, maybe they trade Boucher to fit everyone else in.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X