Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

KD is under contract for multiple years. Lowry was not under contract at all. You don't see the difference there?
    If a guy is under contract he has no leverage and has to go wherever they trade him.
    If a guy isn't under contract, he can go wherever he wants, and doesn't even need to be traded to do so, he's a FREE AGENT.
    Glad I could clear that up for you.

What reported offer of Masai was better than what Phoenix gave them?
    The reports I read were Brooklyn wanted Scottie and we wouldn't budge.

You can slide goal posts all around however you want to define elite player. Fact is guys get traded to whoever offers the most, and their opinion doesn't matter. This is especially the case with KD because he's under contract through the 2025-26 season, so the team trading for him didn't even need to worry about resigning him anytime soon.
    No goal posts moved at all.
    I am surprised you still can't define elite.

Reported offer for KD was at least 2 of our starters not named Barnes, plus 3 picks.

In this age of player empowerment, elite players dictate where they want to go.
    A list makes it more acceptable to management.

If Lowry has no leverage, how come he ended up where he specifically wanted to be? You think Pat Riley outbid all the other teams that are interested in Kyle?
    Lol. Not going to happen.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Mar 22, 2023, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
      Cleveland was an example of a team that knew there was value in getting better vs just sitting around and being mediocre and waiting for some far off star to land in their laps that no one else made a killer offer for. That's not a plan, it's just dreaming.

I really think a significant FA would rather sign in Cleveland now with what they have to offer, over Toronto. And that's super painful to say.

I'm starting to understand that for the majority of NBA teams, talk of Chips and "play-ins for what" is just salesman marketing talk. Sure they want to win but the real goal is to maximize net revenue by being relevent, getting a few home playoff games and selling the dream. Chips where the elite guys don't want to land are just pipe dreams to sell to the ticket buying rubes.
      True, I am beginning to get it now too.
      Sports is business first, after all.
      Trophies and awards are just bonuses to those billionaire owners.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

No goal posts moved at all.
        I am surprised you still can't define elite.

Reported offer for KD was at least 2 of our starters not named Barnes, plus 3 picks.

In this age of player empowerment, elite players dictate where they want to go.
        A list makes it more acceptable to management.

If Lowry has no leverage, how come he ended up where he specifically wanted to be? You think Pat Riley outbid all the other teams that are interested in Kyle?
        Lol. Not going to happen.
        KD had no leverage. Lowry had all the leverage. That's what I said, read it again.

Lowry was a free agent and could go to any team he wanted to. That's part of being a free agent.

KD is under contract for 4 years. He has no choice over where he ends up for 4 years

I also don't see how that's a better offer than what they got from Phoenix.

Comment

KD had no leverage. Lowry had all the leverage. That's what I said, read it again.

Lowry was a free agent and could go to any team he wanted to. That's part of being a free agent.

KD is under contract for 4 years. He has no choice over where he ends up for 4 years

Even if Lowry had leverage, I think Masai did want to do right by Lowry given what he has done for the franchise.

KD wanted Suns, but the Nets had no reason to trade him until the Suns owner made it happen and the Suns ended up trading more than they probably wanted to. KD ended up where he wanted, but I don't think this is a situation where the Nets honored KD's choice, Suns just happened to have the best trade package.
          Last edited by A.I; Wed Mar 22, 2023, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Any 2 of our starters are better than Cam and Bridges.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Any 2 of our starters are better than Cam and Bridges.
              have watched 4 or 5 nets games since the trade (because they get so many national games since they were supposed to be good) and i'd trade any player on our team not named scottie barnes straight up for bridges in a heartbeat. he's way better than i thought offensively, has a much better handle than i ever gave him credit for. also in year 1 of what now looks like a bargain contract, is an all-NBA defensive player, and who looks like a rich man's kris middleton since he got to brooklyn.

they're pick package was also likely to be much better if you make a reasonable assumption that paul and/or durant have health issues or take steps back due to age or retire while you own their picks or swaps, which is through 2029.

we were not competing with that. i don't think anyone was.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think the team will go into the luxury tax for this team. But I also think a) there is a chance they can fit everyone under as is, and b) if they can't, letting FAs walk is not the only path to getting under - for example, if they value Gary more than, say, Boucher, maybe they trade Boucher to fit everyone else in.
                Sorry for being slow, was off the forums for a bit.

Wait how do they fit everyone in as is??? I'm far from a cap expert but I thought it was almost a guarantee that if we just resigned everyone for their market value or so we're easily in it.

But sure, trading someone to fit someone in I could see. I hope we don't lose Boucher he's a cool story. Whatever's best though

#SIAKAM out

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Sorry for being slow, was off the forums for a bit.

Wait how do they fit everyone in as is??? I'm far from a cap expert but I thought it was almost a guarantee that if we just resigned everyone for their market value or so we're easily in it.

But sure, trading someone to fit someone in I could see. I hope we don't lose Boucher he's a cool story. Whatever's best though

#SIAKAM out
                  Well, what are you assuming is market value? I've done a few breakdowns with various assumptions (see the cap thread I think) and those assumptions can vary widely. This summer seems pretty doable. The following one might be the issue but if Pascal misses all-NBA again that helps. And another year down the road, if they have more success in the meantime maybe the tax is less a concern (and who knows how much the cap will climb relative to expectations).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• at the moment he's the best 3 point shooter on a team. Not what I would've expected
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      at the moment he's the best 3 point shooter on a team. Not what I would've expected
                      He is shooting 48% from 3 in March so far. 12 games. Safe to say his shooting is back after his struggles in January and February.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He is shooting 48% from 3 in March so far. 12 games. Safe to say his shooting is back after his struggles in January and February.
                        39% overall which is the highest mark among guys who get consistent minutes. which is crazy after that Jan and Feb
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

at the moment he's the best 3 point shooter on a team. Not what I would've expected
                          And 5 assists tonight. That’s not nothing. He’s settled down his stumbling forays into the paint. Had a steal that was pure Kawhi. There is no trading this man. Glad I wasn’t in charge.

Comment

39% overall which is the highest mark among guys who get consistent minutes. which is crazy after that Jan and Feb
                            As a team, the Raps are an absolutely horrible 3 pt shooting team, so no surprise.

Comment

The Raptors Are Fully Invested in Nick Nurse's Shooting School

Offensive success for the Raptors will come down to Nick Nurse's ability to develop shooting skills throughout Toronto's roster

Hey Nick, I asked Thursday, can you teach me how to shoot? (Note: I really can’t shoot)

“It just depends,” he said. “If we went out there and spent some time and you were willing to do some work, I could improve your dribbling. I think you can take any skill and try to make some adjustments as long as you were coachable and then you wanted to put in the work then, yeah, I imagine we could improve your shooting."

To Nurse, it’s pretty simple. If there’s a willingness to learn, he can improve just about anyone’s shot.

That’s why the Raptors drafted Barnes fourth overall despite his 27% three-pointing in college. It’s also why Toronto was so eager to trade for Achiuwa who attempted just one three-pointer in his rookie season and why the organization feels so confident Nurse can help Birch stretch his game out to behind the arc
                              https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...teach-shooting

Comment

• "To Nurse, it’s pretty simple. If there’s a willingness to learn, he can improve just about anyone’s shot."

Which of course is a long long way from saying he can take crappy shooters and make them great or even NBA-average.
                                Hey Masai, stop drafting or trading for crappy shooters!

Comment

Working...
                                X