No announcement yet.

Everything Summer League 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how was poetl? I saw Siakam drop off a few decent passes. He still has to work on his foot work.

Comment

• Watching the feed, they said at one point Poeltl held back because he had (or was worried about) a 10th foul

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Watching the feed, they said at one point Poeltl held back because he had (or was worried about) a 10th foul
        Poeltl only had 2 fouls. He was very in control.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• They didn't show the replays. At least one looked like a nice, clean block.

Comment

• Poeltl left to get stitches above his eye. Apparently nothing serious, will play tomorrow.

I thought both young bigs looked good. Which, I mean, I'd hope so, against that competition, if we are hoping for them to play some backup minutes. I like how Pascal's handles look; if he can extend his range, being able to drive inside like that is a great counter. Biggest positive from Poeltl was him actually finishing around the rim and through traffic. Hope that's a sign of increased strength and will maintain in NBA minutes, though judging from his still-abysmal boxing out, he's got a ways to go there still.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No replay til 2pm Eastern tomorrow afternoon?

Comment

• Man I love our young guys.

Comment

• Why no Delon?

Comment

• He played 2 years already (well he got injured in summer league last year)

Comment

• One thing that I noticed was Yak's co-ordination. He's very fluid and seems not to rush shots around the net. Has a soft touch around the net and moves his feet well. If he can expand his range and get stronger without adding bulk, he could be a really good player.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Why no Delon?
                        Maybe they are gun shy after the injury last year, and with him likely the full time backup, don't want to risk extra exposure against competition he's already shown he's better than.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          One thing that I noticed was Yak's co-ordination. He's very fluid and seems not to rush shots around the net. Has a soft touch around the net and moves his feet well. If he can expand his range and get stronger without adding bulk, he could be a really good player.
                          Big improvement over last year. Footwork has always been there but the touch around the basket seems much improved. Hopefully not just a small sample / competition mirage.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ya, fingers crossed on that one. He almost looked crafty out there, didn't force his game, and seemed to handle bad passes quite well (there were a lot of them).

Comment

• Imo yak has already demonstrated coordination, touch and IQ, going back to college. It's his strength, toughness and shooting that I'd like to see develop. He seems to have more confidence, in that he's more vocally communicating. Maybe siakam is helping to bring him out of his shell. We also still have the bonus that yak and Delon will already have chemistry/familiarity.
                              PHX v kings was fun last night.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Imo yak has already demonstrated coordination, touch and IQ, going back to college. It's his strength, toughness and shooting that I'd like to see develop. He seems to have more confidence, in that he's more vocally communicating. Maybe siakam is helping to bring him out of his shell. We also still have the bonus that yak and Delon will already have chemistry/familiarity.
                                PHX v kings was fun last night.
                                Yeah, that's the point though. His touch is useless to him around the rim in the NBA because of his lack of strength, and he misses gimmes constantly. He was making them in this one, which is the positive (very early) sign.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X