No announcement yet.

Everything Summer League 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As ever, we can trade JV, but very likely won't.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      As ever, we can trade JV, but very likely won't.
      I think he gets traded during the season possibly even for a pick.

Comment

As ever, we can trade JV, but very likely won't.
        fingers crossed

Comment

• It' not so much that we can't find JV, it's finding a suitor that will take him off our hands.... only way for that to happen is to showcase him on offense like we have Yak & Siakam during this Summer League.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Ugh, Siakam playing so well and still manages to show off the stuff that worries me. Fouls a three point shooter. Turns the ball over on the in-bounds. Steals the ball then double dribbles on the fast break...
            Regular reminder: Pascal has only been playing respectable-level organized basketball since 2012. His game is actually way advanced beyond what he could be reasonably expected to have learned at this point. This is why other players (like Sullinger and Carroll) all say he's going to become a beast.

Comment

Ugh, Siakam playing so well and still manages to show off the stuff that worries me. Fouls a three point shooter. Turns the ball over on the in-bounds. Steals the ball then double dribbles on the fast break...

Good thing the Nuggets choked too.
              lol very sloppy ending in for a fairly good game

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Regular reminder: Pascal has only been playing respectable-level organized basketball since 2012. His game is actually way advanced beyond what he could be reasonably expected to have learned at this point. This is why other players (like Sullinger and Carroll) all say he's going to become a beast.
                Yeah, and I agree with this, he's got more upside than his age would suggest. Part of why I was OK with the pick after doing some post-draft research.

My points on Siakam of late have not been about upside, but about readiness to produce now. I think he should be able to handle a bench role, based on a conservative estimate of improvement over his rookie year. I just don't think the team would be well served to hand him the starting role (like last year) in the event they move JV to the bench or another team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  It' not so much that we can't find JV, it's finding a suitor that will take him off our hands.... only way for that to happen is to showcase him on offense like we have Yak & Siakam during this Summer League.
                  I don't see it this way. Using JV to chase ball handlers out to centre court or take corner 3's probably wouldn't work because he doesn't have the quickness to recover or get back in transition. If we actually pass to him on the PnR, it would be a lot better for the Raptors, but everyone already knows he's a very good finisher. Whether we do it twice or 10 times a game wouldn't change his value.

To change his value, he has to show he can rim protect better, punish other teams for doubling him in the post and/or extend his range to above the break.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I don't see it this way. Using JV to chase ball handlers out to centre court or take corner 3's probably wouldn't work because he doesn't have the quickness to recover or get back in transition. If we actually pass to him on the PnR, it would be a lot better for the Raptors, but everyone already knows he's a very good finisher. Whether we do it twice or 10 times a game wouldn't change his value.

To change his value, he has to show he can rim protect better, punish other teams for doubling him in the post and/or extend his range to above the break.
                    I dunno, there's a magical quality to raw numbers in the NBA. Getting his PPG numbers up (and RPG) just by increasing his minutes and his shots could open his market up. A 20/10 guy (which would be a tall order but not impossible with increased usage and minutes) is an easier sell than a big who plays roughly half the game and puts up more modest totals.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I dunno, there's a magical quality to raw numbers in the NBA. Getting his PPG numbers up (and RPG) just by increasing his minutes and his shots could open his market up. A 20/10 guy (which would be a tall order but not impossible with increased usage and minutes) is an easier sell than a big who plays roughly half the game and puts up more modest totals.
                      So you're saying if you were a GM and an underutilized player, already in the league 5 years and with almost 1000 minutes, without changing anything in his skillset, but simply utilized properly, was available, you would trade for him whereas you wouldn't before?
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

So you're saying if you were a GM and an underutilized player, already in the league 5 years and with almost 1000 minutes, without changing anything in his skillset, but simply utilized properly, was available, you would trade for him whereas you wouldn't before?
                        No. But there's a pretty huge pile of things actual GMs in the NBA do that I wouldn't do.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If there are front offices out there that think Buddy Hield is the next Steph Curry, then anything can happen.

Comment

• On Thursday, July 13, the Raptors will play the winner of the Chicago/Portland game today (Raptors are the #1 seed in tbe tournament- no pressure!)

Comment

• blast from the past. JV in his summer league

Terrence Ross

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

blast from the past. JV in his summer league
                                JV. Quick, mobile, athletic. What have they done to him? Role card - box out, catch rebounds, set picks. DON'T shoot from mid-range. Put on weight. Pound the rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X