No announcement yet.

Everything Summer League 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being able to shoot and being a threat and stretch the floor are different things. When Ross and Patterson were here, even if their shot is not going in, they were getting guarded and weren't left open. For Pascal to get to that point he'll need a couple of seasons under his belt.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Being able to shoot and being a threat and stretch the floor are different things. When Ross and Patterson were here, even if their shot is not going in, they were getting guarded and weren't left open. For Pascal to get to that point he'll need a couple of seasons under his belt.
      Exactly. People won't respect him until he proves it for a couple seasons so the lanes will still be clogged with him on the floor.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Exactly. People won't respect him until he proves it for a couple seasons so the lanes will still be clogged with him on the floor.
        I don't think it will take seasons... But it will take time. At least a solid stretch of games where he's hitting, and hitting at both high efficiency and high volume. Hitting 1 three a game won't impact defences. But if they are leaving him wide open on every play and he can convert like 2 of 5 every night, that will turn heads fast. Big ifs, of course.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I don't think it will take seasons... But it will take time. At least a solid stretch of games where he's hitting, and hitting at both high efficiency and high volume. Hitting 1 three a game won't impact defences. But if they are leaving him wide open on every play and he can convert like 2 of 5 every night, that will turn heads fast. Big ifs, of course.
          This is very true. Probably won't take 2 full seasons but I doubt in one offseason he can improve his three point shooting from nothing to hitting 40% on a regular basis. If he becomes a threat at any point this season I will be super shocked but also very happy.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This is very true. Probably won't take 2 full seasons but I doubt in one offseason he can improve his three point shooting from nothing to hitting 40% on a regular basis. If he becomes a threat at any point this season I will be super shocked but also very happy.
            Agreed. A lot of it is in-game confidence too. Hitting in practice is a whole other thing. Giving him some time before we need him to execute against top opposition is the smart move, IMO.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Agreed. A lot of it is in-game confidence too. Hitting in practice is a whole other thing. Giving him some time before we need him to execute against top opposition is the smart move, IMO.
              Couldn't agree more. He'll get there but it will take time which is why I'm in agreement with you that Pascal shouldn't be starting yet. Do you agree that you see him finishing games if teams go small? Cause we literally have no one else that can play small ball 4 when serge goes to the 5. CJ can only do it if the other team goes extremely small.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. He'll get there but it will take time which is why I'm in agreement with you that Pascal shouldn't be starting yet. Do you agree that you see him finishing games if teams go small? Cause we literally have no one else that can play small ball 4 when serge goes to the 5. CJ can only do it if the other team goes extremely small.
                I think later in the year, if their hopes for OG pay off (I'm pretty sure they viewed him as a top 10 pick), he might slide into that spot. But I do think that Miles is more likely to play PF in those lineups (with Powell, DD and KL), with he or Powell taking on the other team's nominal PF (who presumably would be a big SF at biggest). If the opposition goes any bigger than that, I'd expect JV or Poeltl closing rather than Pascal, unless Pascal exceeds expectations by a good margin.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Darn, really wanted to see a few more summer-highlights from Fred and co.

Comment

• My question with the anti-Poeltl starting people is this. Ross and JV both started for us in their sophomore seasons. That was for a team that after starting 6-12, finished 42-22 (54 win pace over a full season). Why then is it such a crazy idea to start Poeltl, when he could potentially be a much better fit with the starters than JV and JV could be a better fit with the bench?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Darn, really wanted to see a few more summer-highlights from Fred and co.
                      Well there's one more consolation game but woulda been nice to see them get a little deeper in the tournament. October is a ways away.

Comment

I think later in the year, if their hopes for OG pay off (I'm pretty sure they viewed him as a top 10 pick), he might slide into that spot. But I do think that Miles is more likely to play PF in those lineups (with Powell, DD and KL), with he or Powell taking on the other team's nominal PF (who presumably would be a big SF at biggest). If the opposition goes any bigger than that, I'd expect JV or Poeltl closing rather than Pascal, unless Pascal exceeds expectations by a good margin.
                        Hopefully CJ and Powell can handle the playing the 4. If its just a bigger SF it should be fine. I believe in OG but I don't want to put all my faith in him in his rookie season. JV better gain his quickness back to close games against smaller lineups

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          Well there's one more consolation game but woulda been nice to see them get a little deeper in the tournament. October is a ways away.
                          Apparently the name guys are resting tonight. So won't get to see them then either.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hopefully CJ and Powell can handle the playing the 4. If its just a bigger SF it should be fine. I believe in OG but I don't want to put all my faith in him in his rookie season. JV better gain his quickness back to close games against smaller lineups
                            I doubt JV will be closing against any small ball lineups. They'll take their chances with Powell defending the 4, scrambling to help if need be. I just hope he gets some chances against regular opposing closing lineups with a real C. He's always been a tremendous closer for the Raps, but Casey has often gone away from him in spite of that.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Celtics cut Jordan Mickey.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Celtics cut Jordan Mickey.
                                He's so fine, he blows my mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X