No announcement yet.

Everything Summer League 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this is why you never bet on a fucking SL game. Fuck me.

Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jul 14, 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I doubt JV will be closing against any small ball lineups. They'll take their chances with Powell defending the 4, scrambling to help if need be. I just hope he gets some chances against regular opposing closing lineups with a real C. He's always been a tremendous closer for the Raps, but Casey has often gone away from him in spite of that.
      I hope so too but I won't hold my breath. He has a better chance of it happening this season though just because of the lack of experience with our bigs. Powell or CJ playing the 4 scares me but I'm going to have to get over it because Pascal just isn't ready to be closing games for us. I trust Powell and CJ way more
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        And this is why you never bet on a fucking SL game. Fuck me.

Hey, I warned you at like quarter to 9!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtw...ature=youtu.be If anyone is interested

Comment

• Sir'Dominic pointer. Hell of a name

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              And this is why you never bet on a fucking SL game. Fuck me.

No Lebron for the Cavs either though.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                My question with the anti-Poeltl starting people is this. Ross and JV both started for us in their sophomore seasons. That was for a team that after starting 6-12, finished 42-22 (54 win pace over a full season). Why then is it such a crazy idea to start Poeltl, when he could potentially be a much better fit with the starters than JV and JV could be a better fit with the bench?
                Because thier bias for JV wont let them accept that JV is Kanter East. They will have to accept it soon enough though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully CJ and Powell can handle the playing the 4. If its just a bigger SF it should be fine. I believe in OG but I don't want to put all my faith in him in his rookie season. JV better gain his quickness back to close games against smaller lineups
                  You didn't see his IG post the other day? Puttin' in work for the haters!

He doesn't need to be traded, he needs to be utilized. He's a very good option on O when matched up with other bigs in the league, ie Drummond.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Because thier bias for JV wont let them accept that JV is Kanter East. They will have to accept it soon enough though.

Says the guy with the ridiculous DD bias.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Says the guy with the ridiculous DD bias.
                      DD is an all NBA player...

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

DD is an all NBA player...

That's an award voted on by media. Does zero to help Raptors win.

DD may be the best in the NBA at what he does offensively, scoring old school style, but his defensive deficiencies are way worse than JV's. People who break down game film spot the issues, but your biased eye test doesn't. To be fair to you, most media members only see the offensive end as well.

There are examples out there, I haven't pointed them out in the past, but I can show you if you want.

Comment

That's an award voted on by media. Does zero to help Raptors win.

DD may be the best in the NBA at what he does offensively, scoring old school style, but his defensive deficiencies are way worse than JV's. People who break down game film spot the issues, but your biased eye test doesn't. To be fair to you, most media members only see the offensive end as well.

There are examples out there, I haven't pointed them out in the past, but I can show you if you want.
                          Deebo is a poor defender. I disagree that he is worse than JV. Deebo has to carry a huge scoring load night in/out. That takes away from you on the other end. Where as JV doesn't carry a huge scoring load but, still struggles. Also JV's poor D is a even bigger problem seeing that he plays the most important position when it comes to D. I really don't want to get into a Dd/JV debate. That's so 2015, they really aren't close as players to debate.

Why is it that every accolade that Deebo receive it's discredited on this board? If anything that shows another bias on RR. Raptors have had thier best 5 year stretch in Raptors history. Deebo has been the leading scorer throughout that but, ofcourse he does zero to help the raptors win. 3 playoffs series wins in the last 2 years after just 1 in the first 21 years of existence.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Jul 15, 2017, 10:44 AM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Deebo is a poor defender. I disagree that he is worse than JV. Deebo has to carry a huge scoring load night in/out. That takes away from you on the other end. Where as JV doesn't carry a huge scoring load but, still struggles. Also JV's poor D is a even bigger problem seeing that he plays the most important position when it comes to D. I really don't want to get into a Dd/JV debate. That's so 2015, they really aren't close as players to debate.

Why is it that every accolade that Deebo receive is discredited on this board? If anything that shows another bias on RR.

Better question, why do you keep shitting on JV multiple times a week?

Comment

Better question, why do you keep shitting on JV multiple times a week?
                              I called it two years ago that JV's inability to guard on the perimeter/move laterally would hinder him the way the game is going. Two years later I was right. I don't think he fits the way the raps want to play. Raptors want to be able to switch everything on D. They want to play faster as well too. Those things don't fit JV's skill set. We also just paid Ibaka a whole bunch of money. It's obvious that his best position is Center. I would rather maximes his skill set than continuing with this JV experiment.

I'd like this team to play faster and be able to switch everything. I feel every one on this roster can play this way but, JV. It's never been personal with JV I just knew this day would come.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Jul 15, 2017, 11:01 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I called it two years ago that JV's inability to guard on the perimeter/move laterally would hinder him the way the game is going. Two years later I was right. I don't think he fits the way the raps want to play. Raptors want to be able to switch everything on D. They want to play faster as well too. Those things don't fit JV's skill set. We also just paid Ibaka a whole bunch of money. It's obvious that his best position is Center. I would rather maximes his skill set than continuing with this JV experiment.

I'd like this team to play faster and be able to switch everything. I feel every one on this roster can play this way but, JV. It's never been personal with JV I just knew this day would come.

but again, why multiple times a week? It's not like anyone here doesn't know your position.

I'm no JV fan, but I don't keep harping on his flaws, and I don't constantly harp on DD's flaws. The stuff on DD's defence has been around for a while. I didn't point it out when I saw it because he's here and posting negative stuff isn't my preference, whereas you seem to relish attacking JV.

To each their own, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X