Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73
    replied
    So.... who do people have winning the Finals & MVP here? Speaking of which.... has anyone else been surprised with how good Caleb Swanigan has been for Portland? He's consistently putting up double doubles. Sure, it's Summer League.... but I think he's going to get serious minutes for the Blazers.

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Ben Simmons

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    The correct answer. People are sleeping on Simmons because he's not a participating in Summer League, they won't by the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    This is a strong rookie class, lots of names including Tatum.

Maybe OG will get rookie of the week honors if things go welll....

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    The ROY race this year will go down between Ball and DSJ.
    I don't think he'll have a big enough role in his first year under Carlisle.

Fultz or Ball, I say

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I still think Ball is the guy to beat.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Ben Simmons

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Lonzo Ball is the real effin deal. Special player.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I do think that with Lowry starting, the team won't be as defensively inclined as they were with CoJo, but there is nothing stopping this team from being a top 10 defence again, other than some concerns about youth - but all of their young guys are promising defensive prospects.
    No Tucker will be a bigger loss than just swapping Lowry with CoJo I think

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Just like to throw out the fact that the Raps developed a top 5 DRTG after acquiring Ibaka/Tucker while still starting both JV + DD.
    I do think that with Lowry starting, the team won't be as defensively inclined as they were with CoJo, but there is nothing stopping this team from being a top 10 defence again, other than some concerns about youth - but all of their young guys are promising defensive prospects.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Just like to throw out the fact that the Raps developed a top 5 DRTG after acquiring Ibaka/Tucker while still starting both JV + DD.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    No C can guard on the perimeter. Did you watch "switchable" Tristan Thompson get torched on switches in the playoffs?

Your arguments have always been flawed and bias against JV, that's why no one gives a shit what you say about him. If you want 5 players who can switch on D, then you don't play a C at all.

And if you don't play a C at all and want to win a ring, you better have 3 guys who shoot 40%+ from 3 and a ton of versatile wings who are willing passers and multi-position defenders. We have pretty much none of those things on our roster right now. In fact out of all the teams following the small trend, all except GSW have looked shaky as hell, even HOU (at least they're aggressively trying to improve their ability to play that way). Us trying to go that direction with this core may even make us a worse team relative to other contenders.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Tristan Thompson, Serge Ibaka, Capela, BIyombo, Green, Horford, Chandler just to name a few. Other centers can make up for it with great awareness like Marc Gasol.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Given the opportunity on O JV would put up good numbers (18 points on 5-6 more shots) Why not feed JV the ball more? He's an efficient scorer, good FT shooter. Make other teams adjust to you. I think JV deserves the chance to be a focal point. We're looking to play differently, and also buck the trend.

Chr1st1anL maybe DD will be able to defend better with less of an offensive workload.

If our perimeter players played D comparable to the 2015/2016 season his help D wouldn't be exposed as much. I feel like we regressed last season.

We'll see how this season pans out for him but he deserves an opportunity. Hopefully he's making the right adjustments. There's no doubt where he's lacking... and it's really only guarding out to the perimeter and being quicker on his rotations.
    Memphis has been running a low post offense for the last 8 years and I dont think they've even made the conf finals. That style of play just doesn't win anymore. Like or not the NBA is a perimeter game now. If JV struggles with low usage on O than why would it get better with with a higher usage.

The reason our D took a step back is cause we didnt have that C(Biz) that could guard on the perimeter and still protect the rim. JV can't do either one of those things at good enough level. Why do you think as soon as we got Ibaka we were all of sudden a top 5 D from that point?

This is Lowry/Deebo's team. You have to build a D the maximes thier strengths. Not your 5th best player. Yes I consider Norm a better player than JV.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Given the opportunity on O JV would put up good numbers (18 points on 5-6 more shots) Why not feed JV the ball more? He's an efficient scorer, good FT shooter. Make other teams adjust to you. I think JV deserves the chance to be a focal point. We're looking to play differently, and also buck the trend.

Chr1st1anL maybe DD will be able to defend better with less of an offensive workload.

If our perimeter players played D comparable to the 2015/2016 season his help D wouldn't be exposed as much. I feel like we regressed last season.

We'll see how this season pans out for him but he deserves an opportunity. Hopefully he's making the right adjustments. There's no doubt where he's lacking... and it's really only guarding out to the perimeter and being quicker on his rotations.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I called it two years ago that JV's inability to guard on the perimeter/move laterally would hinder him the way the game is going. Two years later I was right. I don't think he fits the way the raps want to play. Raptors want to be able to switch everything on D. They want to play faster as well too. Those things don't fit JV's skill set. We also just paid Ibaka a whole bunch of money. It's obvious that his best position is Center. I would rather maximes his skill set than continuing with this JV experiment.

I'd like this team to play faster and be able to switch everything. I feel every one on this roster can play this way but, JV. It's never been personal with JV I just knew this day would come.

No C can guard on the perimeter. Did you watch "switchable" Tristan Thompson get torched on switches in the playoffs?

Your arguments have always been flawed and bias against JV, that's why no one gives a shit what you say about him. If you want 5 players who can switch on D, then you don't play a C at all.

And if you don't play a C at all and want to win a ring, you better have 3 guys who shoot 40%+ from 3 and a ton of versatile wings who are willing passers and multi-position defenders. We have pretty much none of those things on our roster right now. In fact out of all the teams following the small trend, all except GSW have looked shaky as hell, even HOU (at least they're aggressively trying to improve their ability to play that way). Us trying to go that direction with this core may even make us a worse team relative to other contenders.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X