Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Being able to shoot and being a threat and stretch the floor are different things. When Ross and Patterson were here, even if their shot is not going in, they were getting guarded and weren't left open. For Pascal to get to that point he'll need a couple of seasons under his belt.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't get all the faith in somebody revamping their shot in a single summer. Remember Amir's Summer 3? Bigs toy with adding range to their game all the time, often it doesn't turn into anything and occasionally it does. It's certainly not something I'd bank on in July to the point of writing in lineup roles for October.
    Agreed. It's gonna take more than one summer to get a CONSISTENT 3 point shot. Pascal may hit one here and there but it's not going to be a reliable weapon in one offseason. At least I'm not banking on that

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't get all the faith in somebody revamping their shot in a single summer. Remember Amir's Summer 3? Bigs toy with adding range to their game all the time, often it doesn't turn into anything and occasionally it does. It's certainly not something I'd bank on in July to the point of writing in lineup roles for October.
    But Amir went from .000 to .400 in the summer of 2011! And most importantly, it gave Jack and Matt a new schtick.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    2 days off in Vegas. I bet the Raptors won't tweet clips of Jakob and Pascal hanging out those days.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I like pascal and I truly believe when he gets more experience he will be a very good player but I'm with Dan H. He's still very inconsistent as this summer league showing has proven and there is nothing wrong with that because he's still very young and that's just how it goes for most young players. But because of this I don't think he should be starting. He will be very good defensively in due time but right now he still gets lost and loses his man. His on ball defence is very good but team defence wise he's still lost out there at times. The joke is Pascal might actually close a lot of games anyway because most teams go small to end games and you know JV can't handle smaller quicker players. Also we don't use JV on offence so he's never able to punish the other team for going small and I don't expect that to change at all, I don't care what Casey says. Actually, thinking about Pascal being our only small ball 4 and having to close games is making me nervous lol.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Jarnell Stokes was DLeague MVP 2 years ago so he can play. So its not surprising that Siakam struggled.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    He had a bad defensive game, man. He was totally lost, low energy, might have had one good two minute stretch defensively in the 4th.

And it's fine. But anyone expecting him to be able to be a consistent contributor against starters will probably be disappointed. He hasn't been playing basketball that long, and a nice consistent role against lesser players where possible would be great for him developing his consistency.

And if the Raptors start Siakam, I am certain they fully expect him to be spreading the floor. Frankly, they are betting on him doing so no matter what.
    If he's open he will have the green light to shoot it. Since he has put so much work in. That's not the reasoning behind starting him though. It's switch-abillity on D. Him being able to out run bigs with ease. Both Masai/Casey said they will play faster. How better to set the tone than with Siakam out running all the bigs at the beginning of the game. Also he is showing that he is able to make plays out of the short role. Which is huge for when DD/KL get trapped. He is a lot more skilled than what your giving him credit for.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I would disagree. He doesn't "have to" hit 3s if he's playing next to Serge. Raps would want him to play D and run the floor. Two things he's shown he is exceptional at. Even though he had a bad offensive game. He was still good on that D. Maybe hit the occational 3 but, the floor is already well spaced with KL, Ibaka and Norm/CJ.

He had a bad defensive game, man. He was totally lost, low energy, might have had one good two minute stretch defensively in the 4th.

And it's fine. But anyone expecting him to be able to be a consistent contributor against starters will probably be disappointed. He hasn't been playing basketball that long, and a nice consistent role against lesser players where possible would be great for him developing his consistency.

And if the Raptors start Siakam, I am certain they fully expect him to be spreading the floor. Frankly, they are betting on him doing so no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    We're not. But Siakam will need to defend and hit open threes in that starting lineup and neither facet of his game was remotely present in that last game. Such is life with young players. He'll grow into himself with more playing time, and a consistent role against bench players should help him get into a groove and build his confidence.
    I would disagree. He doesn't "have to" hit 3s if he's playing next to Serge. Raps would want him to play D and run the floor. Two things he's shown he is exceptional at. Even though he had a bad offensive game. He was still good on that D. Maybe hit the occational 3 but, the floor is already well spaced with KL, Ibaka and Norm/CJ.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Siakam wouldn't have the same role with the raps in starting lineup though. He wouldn't have as much responsibility. Why are we using summer league to make type of comparison?

We're not. But Siakam will need to defend and hit open threes in that starting lineup and neither facet of his game was remotely present in that last game. Such is life with young players. He'll grow into himself with more playing time, and a consistent role against bench players should help him get into a groove and build his confidence.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Not concerned at all, but you'd hope that a bonafide NBA rotation player would dominate a summer league game when it counts, like Bruno dominated the D-League final last year.
    You do know Siakam won MVP for that same series right? Players have off games. Doesn't matter if it's G league, summer league or the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Siakam wouldn't have the same role with the raps in starting lineup though. He wouldn't have as much responsibility. Why are we using summer league to make type of comparison?

Not concerned at all, but you'd hope that a bonafide NBA rotation player would dominate a summer league game when it counts, like Bruno dominated the D-League final last year.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    You wanted to see those scrubs going ISO? lol. The 3-ball is high variance by nature and as the voice of reason (T-Rex) said it was only 1 summer league game.
    Thanks, yeah, that's what I was trying to say. The way the team played was nothing like Raptors basketball. It was more Rockets style.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X