RR Free Agency Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Free Agency Challenge

Who's ready to have some fun? Free agency moratorium starts on July 1 at 12:00am (midnight) EST. Contracts can be offered, but a signing cannot be made official until July 6th at 12:00pm (noon) EST as that is when the moratorium ends.

Challenge:

Of the following 25 free agents listed... each contestant needs to determine if the player is leaving his current team or will be joining a new team. If they will be joining a new team what team will they be going to. How many years (including player option, team option, or eto) will that player get? How much will they make in their next contract (per year averaged, not total) plus or minus 5% (so for example, if player X makes $10M a year, and a contestant said $10.5M they would still be correct)? For sign and trades.. we want the team the player is traded to.

Bonus: Who of the 25 free agents will Woj (@WojVerticalNBA) tweet about first on or after July 1st as potentially signing a new contract with a team?

Tie Breaker: How many points will the Raptors score in their first summer league game (against New Orleans) on July 7th?

List of free agents:

1. Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
    2. Serge Ibaka (Toronto Raptors)
    3. Patrick Patterson (Toronto Raptors)
    4. P.J. Tucker (Toronto Raptors)
    5. Chris Paul (LA Clippers)
    6. Blake Griffin (LA Clippers)
    8. J.J. Redick (LA Clippers)
    8. Rudy Gay (Sacramento Kings)
    9. Arron Afflalo (Sacramento Kings)
    10. Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings)
    11. Paul Millsap (Atlanta Hawks)
    12. Danilo Gallinari (Denver Nuggets)
    13. Amir Johnson (Boston Celtics)
    14. Andre Iguodala (Golden State Warriors)
    15. Jrue Holiday (New Orleans Pelicans)
    16. Taj Gibson (Oklahoma City Thunder)
    17. Kyle Korver (Cleveland Cavaliers)
    18. Nick Young (LA Lakers)
    19. Vince Carter (Memphis Grizzlies)
    20. James Johnson (Miami Heat)
    21. Dion Waiters (Miami Heat)
    22. Jeff Teague (Indiana Pacers)
    23. Derrick Rose (NY Knicks)
    24. Dewayne Dedmon (San Antonio Spurs)
    25. Gordon Hayward (Utah Jazz)

You get one point for determining if the player stays or leaves. Two points if a player is leaving and you selected the right team. Two points for determining the contract length. Two points if the contestant guesses the contract size (within 5%). An additional 3 points if you got the Bonus correct. A score of 178 (25 players times 7 points + 3 points for the bonus) will be a perfect score.

The contest is locked in on June 30 at 6:00pm EST. Edits are welcome up until that time. If an Edit occurs after that time, that contestant will be disqualified. Free agents can take their time to sign a contract (or in some cases, retire or join a league in China).. and I do not want this to drag on for too long. So the winner, regardless if each free agent has signed on a new contract or not, will be revealed on Juy 30, 2017.

We'll use BasketballInsiders.com as the official site to get each players contract information unless they fail to update their site by July 30th. In that case we'll use (in the following order): An article from NBA.com, an article from the Vertical, or an article from ESPN.

Reward:

This is a sig bet. The losers all have to place the following in their signature from July 31, 2017 until October 1st, 2017:

Nostradamus has nothing on [insert RR Free Agency Challenge winner here]. I cannot believe that I get to post on the same forum as they do. I really am not worthy.

Good luck!

This sounds like fun. I miss the legacy draft league we did last year. I guess it didn't get enough interest when it came to voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
      This sounds like fun. I miss the legacy draft league we did last year. I guess it didn't get enough interest when it came to voting.

I think Axel usually puts that together in July/August when the dog days hit.

Comment

There's too much here. Simply listing the player and next season's team is more than enough.. contract dollars plus number of years?! I have a lot of time on my hands but not THAT much time on my hands..
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

We only have a few days and planet Mars put in so much work; maybe if we all just chip away a few names at a time when can get er done?

I will say Vince, GSW, whatever league minimum he qualifies for, 1+1 yrs

I'd suggest no bets, just let people throw out ideas to try to finish it. Cool Mars?

Comment

Whatever you guys want to do.. I love this time of year and wanted to have some fun with it. But if it's too much work we can just abandon the whole thing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Whatever you guys want to do.. I love this time of year and wanted to have some fun with it. But if it's too much work we can just abandon the whole thing.
              Yeah me too. The vertical show was great last yr. The mozgov signing had me laughing for two hours.
              Maybe we can fill in the template that you've created with the actual signings to keep track of all the activities?

Comment

I'm gonna do it. I'll be done in a day or two.

Comment

Working...
                X