Clear All

lewro wrote: View Post
    We've been shit for 20 yrs!

Lowry
    DD
    Norm
    Ibaka
    DJ

Win or lose, I'd love to see that team fight!
    That's not true. Were you watching the team during the Babcock years? How do you define shit? The team you see today would appear like some sort of unattainable heaven back when Carter fucked over the Raptors and Grunwald was fired. Do you remember the season Kevin O'Neill coached?

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BL60cA4IrJM

Dj, DeMar and Kyle with masai providing commentary.

If we lose masai then hire hinkie I will watch raps + college for the next 5 yrs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        That's not true. Were you watching the team during the Babcock years? How do you define shit? The team you see today would appear like some sort of unattainable heaven back when Carter fucked over the Raptors and Grunwald was fired. Do you remember the season Kevin O'Neill coached?
        I remember pinning my hopes on Sharon wright

Comment

Oops Sharone, Sharon is chicks name. Just as bad at bball tho

Comment

Then how do you define shit? You must have a broad shit spectrum.

Comment

I'm against tanking for what we currently have.

We're good enough, let's enjoy being good enough. Even if Lowry walks we'll have a good enough team with CJ/Delon back court to go with Derozan and Ibaka.

We're not going to win it all but being consistent winners is a lot more fun and a lot better down the line than tanking and hoping and praying it all comes together. We're not in the position to be bad enough to fully tank with just one move and we're not an It team that can afford to tank for just a year or two and then come right back as contenders with FA and the new draft picks. Even with Philly it's not guaranteed to work out, especially when it's contract time for those guys right around the time they finally get their shit together.

Comment

Tanking?! Ugh.

DanH wrote: View Post
                If Lowry walks, this is a real possibility.

If Lowry wants to stay, I'd have a very hard time agreeing with a decision to move on from this core. And I've been a pretty firm advocate of the tank in the past.
                If Lowry walks, I say we make a run for a guy like George Hill and keep things going!... can we afford that? Lol

Comment

Lol, I'm exxagerating. The Vince/Iverson series was fun. The summer we Hakeem I was pumped. The bosh yrs never felt like that. I'd probably rather tank. The prospect to get dj has me hyped atm (however remote) and I don't want to think about tanking. I'd like to see us put our best foot forward and really try to compete. We probably lose but the idea of dj going 7 games vs Cavs or a stacked Celts team sounds great!

Comment

Also, I prefer the phrase "shit spray".

Comment

Also, I prefer the phrase "shit spray".
                      This is starting to sound like a conversation with Mr.Lahey.

Comment

This is starting to sound like a conversation with Mr.Lahey.
                        Does that make you Randy?

Comment

Here is my best plan: retain Lowry for a good price as well as Ibaka. If the season goes sideways then take all 3 guys including JV and get multiple draft picks for the next 2 seasons. Thus if you have a draft where you have 3-4 picks in the first round you increase the chances of hitting a home run All star type that can change the franchise fortunes. As long as we are doing the "tank mode on steroids" like Celtics model (takes 3 years) and not the 76'ers model (6 and beyond) then i dont have a problem with it. But if this team retains Lowry+ Ibaka and they still win 50+ with big internal growth from some of our the youngsters then we keep this party going.

Comment

I don't think people understand how bad we'd have to be. The East is going to be really bad next year. ATL, Indianna and Chicago will all be tanking next year. That's 3 playoffs teams from this year.

If Lowry walks Masai will give Deebo a chance to, wait for it...prove himself as the lead guy. Also if Lowry walks I could see Deebo coming back with a vengeance. Thier boys and all but, Lowry leaving would be a slap in face to Deebo. Basically saying your not good enough. Last thing Deebo needs is another chip on his shoulder.

A team retooled around Deebo I could see them winning 40-45 games. Lets not forget how well they played when Lowry was hurt. Also put up thier best two games against the Cavs with Lowry hurt.

I think Lowry will be back though. If not I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Rubio. Want more ball movement? Get a pass first PG. Before Lowry got here raps were middle of the pack in assist with Calderon. Didn't win much but, we were passing the ball. Casey wanted Lowry to play the same way but, it just didn't maximise his talent like this current offence does.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Masai will pile on if the team struggles out of the gate, but will not set us up to fail from the outset.

Comment

Powell
                                Zion
                                OG
                                K. Antentokounmpo
                                Bruno

Here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X