I think we should tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Zion
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
      Does that make you Randy?
      I thought it made me Ricky. Not sure that's better.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I don't think people understand how bad we'd have to be. The East is going to be really bad next year. ATL, Indianna and Chicago will all be tanking next year. That's 3 playoffs teams from this year.

If Lowry walks Masai will give Deebo a chance to, wait for it...prove himself as the lead guy. Also if Lowry walks I could see Deebo coming back with a vengeance. Thier boys and all but, Lowry leaving would be a slap in face to Deebo. Basically saying your not good enough. Last thing Deebo needs is another chip on his shoulder.

A team retooled around Deebo I could see them winning 40-45 games. Lets not forget how well they played when Lowry was hurt. Also put up thier best two games against the Cavs with Lowry hurt.

I think Lowry will be back though. If not I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Rubio. Want more ball movement? Get a pass first PG. Before Lowry got here raps were middle of the pack in assist with Calderon. Didn't win much but, we were passing the ball. Casey wanted Lowry to play the same way but, it just didn't maximise his talent like this current offence does.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Ok then. Since you are already there, by any chance can you tell us the next lotto numbers

Comment

If Lowry stays, we're pretty well set to steamroll the East, Cavs aside, maybe set another franchise high in wins. Are you sure you're ready to jettison that for a spin of the wheel?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I don't think people understand how bad we'd have to be. The East is going to be really bad next year. ATL, Indianna and Chicago will all be tanking next year. That's 3 playoffs teams from this year.

If Lowry walks Masai will give Deebo a chance to, wait for it...prove himself as the lead guy. Also if Lowry walks I could see Deebo coming back with a vengeance. Thier boys and all but, Lowry leaving would be a slap in face to Deebo. Basically saying your not good enough. Last thing Deebo needs is another chip on his shoulder.

A team retooled around Deebo I could see them winning 40-45 games. Lets not forget how well they played when Lowry was hurt. Also put up thier best two games against the Cavs with Lowry hurt.

I think Lowry will be back though. If not I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Rubio. Want more ball movement? Get a pass first PG. Before Lowry got here raps were middle of the pack in assist with Calderon. Didn't win much but, we were passing the ball. Casey wanted Lowry to play the same way but, it just didn't maximise his talent like this current offence does.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            If we don't go the tanking route when/if Lowry leaves I'll be annoyed, but taking a flyer on Rubio definitely seems like a fun idea. Maybe try and get DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers and play a faster style of ball.

Comment

can we get a poll on tanking vs no tanking?

Comment

Tanking poll:

[O] No Tanking

[O] Fish Tank

[O] Army Tank

[O] Killer Whale Tank

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                  can we get a poll on tanking vs no tanking?
                  Gave it a shot. Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Gave it a shot. Lol
                    much appreciated!!

Comment

oh shit I voted on the wrong thing.
                      For whatever reason, I saw DD as DMC for a second.. damn it!!

Comment

Fuck this thread with two fists and a fire hydrant...
                        I'm not paying MLSE prices to see a team go under .500

Whoever made this thread obviously doesn't go to games and if they do, they sit nosebleeds.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          I don't know, the point isn't to know how long it's going to take, it's to get started on the process.

And I disagree with the people saying we should wait. We have Norman Powell and Caboclo up for extension next year and it would behoove us to find out exactly what we have in them prior to that. Wright hits restricted free agency in 2019.
                          So the Raptors should tank to find out what they have in Bruno.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            If Lowry walks, I say we make a run for a guy like George Hill and keep things going!... can we afford that? Lol
                            Short answer: no. If Lowry walks and we want to keep Ibaka, we will have zero cap space. Even if Ibaka goes, we'd have less than 20M in cap space, and Hill looks likely to net 25M+ (at least).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              So the Raptors should tank to find out what they have in Bruno.
                              I have to agree. This is such backwards reasoning. Bruno has not shown a single glimpse of NBA production in 3 years... Advocating a tank job to "see what we have in him" before we have to extend him is really, really silly. Here's an idea - if we still don't know what we have in him after this year then either a) offer him the minimum or b) let him walk. Sometimes I feel like we lose sight of the fact that the ultimate goal in the NBA is to win games; not whatever you're advocating here.

Comment

I like Yogi Ferrell... I'm thinking we target someone like him if Lowry cuts.

Oh yeah, he was OG Anunoby's team mate in college...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14467494
                                Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jun 28, 2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X