No announcement yet.

I think we should tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be pretty disappointing to be completely irrelevant again but we're almost there anyway with cleveland, boston, and the other up and coming teams in the east, and i'd rather not be stuck in the middle.

if we do i hope we'd go whole-hog which we've never done before.

let masai go to NY and pick up two of their assets, preferably firsts, assuming zinger is untouchable.

hire hinkie and fire it up

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
      Fuck this thread with two fists and a fire hydrant...
      I'm not paying MLSE prices to see a team go under .500

Whoever made this thread obviously doesn't go to games and if they do, they sit nosebleeds.
      What a bunch of BS.

Comment

I'd rather fire everybody and clean house and start over than watch another playoffs with Casey in charge.

If Casey is fired I withdraw my tank-advocacy.
        If Lowry walks I renew it.

The only other non-tank scenario is if Masai lands Paul George or an equivalent star, but that seems less and less likely.

Comment

i've full-on talked myself into it in the last half hour.

this NY thing is a unique opportunity to add a bad teams assets for free, basically. i'd want their pick next year, unprotected or very loosely (like top-1) protected, and another first rounder. or maybe the new french guy or willy hernangomez if they won't go include two 1st round picks.

fire casey immediately.

does byron scott still want to coach? we have a job for him

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I'd rather fire everybody and clean house and start over than watch another playoffs with Casey in charge.

If Casey is fired I withdraw my tank-advocacy.
            If Lowry walks I renew it.

The only other non-tank scenario is if Masai lands Paul George or an equivalent star, but that seems less and less likely.
            this post is such a joke... have you even been to a playoff game in real life?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              What a bunch of BS.
              How tf?

You should be thanking every season ticket holder for keeping this organization running.

You think season ticket holders want to see a tankathon? It's outrageous, this thread is shameful.

Comment

How tf?

You should be thanking every season ticket holder for keeping this organization running.

You think season ticket holders want to see a tankathon? It's outrageous, this thread is shameful.
                Would season ticket holders appreciate a perpetual 2nd round exit team? Genuinely curious.

I'm not a season ticket holder. I can only speak as a fan who would appreciate a few steps back, in order to take the ultimate step forward.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Tanking poll:

[O] No Tanking

[O] Fish Tank

[O] Army Tank

[O] Killer Whale Tank
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                    i've full-on talked myself into it in the last half hour.

this NY thing is a unique opportunity to add a bad teams assets for free, basically. i'd want their pick next year, unprotected or very loosely (like top-1) protected, and another first rounder. or maybe the new french guy or willy hernangomez if they won't go include two 1st round picks.

fire casey immediately.

does byron scott still want to coach? we have a job for him
                    Masai > hernangomez

The cost would not be nothing. If we hire Babcock type, he'd draft Araujo and get poor value for our vets.

Hinkie would be fun. I don't think the league would like it and MLSE/fans would have to commit for 5 yrs. If we lose Masai and Lowry then I'm down.

Comment

As far as I could find, there's never been actual players traded for coaches/executives. You can't exactly match salaries that way so I don't even know if that's allowed. But I guess we don't let things like reality stop us from proposing players-only trades here so go nuts!
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Carroll + Masai for KP+2x1sts works for me

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                          it would be pretty disappointing to be completely irrelevant again but we're almost there anyway with cleveland, boston, and the other up and coming teams in the east, and i'd rather not be stuck in the middle.

if we do i hope we'd go whole-hog which we've never done before.

let masai go to NY and pick up two of their assets, preferably firsts, assuming zinger is untouchable.

hire hinkie and fire it up
                          I don't think the Raptors are irrelevant. Boston and Washington are on par with us at best, but I would take our roster when healthy over theirs in any playoff series. Milwaukee hasn't done anything as yet and can't stay healthy, Philly the same. Why is our own fan base so ready to bury this team? Nobody is beating the Cav's or Warriors barring an injury to a key player and hey if that happens we are in a much better position to capitalize with this roster than Philly, is with theirs. By the time any of those young up and coming teams are ready to compete, and that is if those players pan out, we will likely have a completely different roster ourselves.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Would season ticket holders appreciate a perpetual 2nd round exit team? Genuinely curious.

I'm not a season ticket holder. I can only speak as a fan who would appreciate a few steps back, in order to take the ultimate step forward.
                            Yes I would appreciate a team that can compete and make it to the second round each year... Players get injured. Things happen. We've been on the wrong side of that coin a couple times and it can just as easily swing our way.

The ultimate step forward? Lol, tanking does not equal rings. I want some solid examples.

Do you think the 76ers will win a ring in the next 10 years?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I don't think the Raptors are irrelevant. Boston and Washington are on par with us at best, but I would take our roster when healthy over theirs in any playoff series. Milwaukee hasn't done anything as yet and can't stay healthy, Philly the same. Why is our own fan base so ready to bury this team? Nobody is beating the Cav's or Warriors barring an injury to a key player and hey if that happens we are in a much better position to capitalize with this roster than Philly, is with theirs. By the time any of those young up and coming teams are ready to compete, and that is if those players pan out, we will likely have a completely different roster ourselves.
                              The bucks gave us a scare. They didn't have Jabari and could trade him for a nice piece. Monroe is expiring so they might have some cap.

Comment

Yes I would appreciate a team that can compete and make it to the second round each year... Players get injured. Things happen. We've been on the wrong side of that coin a couple times and it can just as easily swing our way.

The ultimate step forward? Lol, tanking does not equal rings. I want some solid examples.

Do you think the 76ers will win a ring in the next 10 years?
                                We haven't seen them play yet but on paper they look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X