Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency Less than 12 Hours away... Who is going Where ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    One thing puzzles me about the George trade chatter. IF Boston's offer was better than the OKC offer, does it make any sense not to take the better deal, no matter whether the trade is in the conference.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • #17
      3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      One thing puzzles me about the George trade chatter. IF Boston's offer was better than the OKC offer, does it make any sense not to take the better deal, no matter whether the trade is in the conference.
      For some execs that matters. And it did to Pritchard. Maybe the idea of seeing your star player 4 times a year was too much? Maybe he didn't want to see his direct competition get better? From the outside looking in it looked like he made a bad call though.

      Comment


      • #18
        planetmars wrote: View Post
        For some execs that matters. And it did to Pritchard. Maybe the idea of seeing your star player 4 times a year was too much? Maybe he didn't want to see his direct competition get better? From the outside looking in it looked like he made a bad call though.
        Maybe Pritchard just simply tired of being dicked around by Ainge's seemingly endless shifting deal parameters. Forget who put it out around the draft but the gist of the comment was that Ainge would tell 6 different GMs six different things about the price/cost of a player or draft pick.

        Who knows what Boston offered at zero hour for George. Ainge may have said Zeller, a second rounder next year, a first rounder in 2019 and a lobster roll. Danny is not exactly a straight shooter and is piker extraordinaire. Guys just might not want to deal with him.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 1, 2017, 01:46 PM.
        I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

        Comment


        • #19
          Redick and Amir to the 76ers

          Their team is actually looking nice

          Fultz / McConnell
          Redick / Stauskas
          Covington / Anderson / Luwawu
          Simmons / Dario / Holmes
          Embiid / Okafor / Amir

          Comment


          • #20
            Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Paul George to OKC....No one saw that coming. No one. He went for a young big who can shoot with room to get better and a SG who struggles a bit but still has some room to grow.
            First thing that popped in my head when I saw that trade was the Vince Carter trade to New Jersey. Awful trade by the Pacers. But at least they got a prospect and a rotational player. Raptors didn't get anything back for VC.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • #21
              TRex wrote: View Post
              First thing that popped in my head when I saw that trade was the Vince Carter trade to New Jersey. Awful trade by the Pacers. But at least they got a prospect and a rotational player. Raptors didn't get anything back for VC.
              I don't know why you leap to that? Vince wasn't in the last year of his contract like George, no? And either of Oladipo or Sabonis would be way better than the entirety of the package we got for Vince. I don't think it's a bad return for a rental player who's destroyed your leverage by announcing he's leaving and wants to join the Lakers next year.

              Comment

              Working...
              X