Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Agency Less than 12 Hours away... Who is going Where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency Less than 12 Hours away... Who is going Where ?

OK.. messed up the first poll.
    This is round 2.

So who is going where as FA approaches... Get your votes in and comment away...

For what its worth I think Danny Ainge adds to his collection of yellow wedding dresses as he is left at the alter again. Getting Blake Griffin is just so Ainge.
    Hayward stays in Utah
    16.67%
    Hayward goes to the Celtics
    7.69%
    Blake Griffin stays put in Clipperville.
    16.67%
    Blake Griffin goes to Boston
    2.56%
    Blake Griffin goes elsewhere
    6.41%
    Kyle stays with the Raps
    21.79%
    Kyle goes to Boston.. Hell why not everyone is supposed to go to Boston
    0.00%
    Kyle goes elsewhere
    2.56%
    Paul Milsap stays in Atlanta
    2.56%
    Paul Milsap goes somewhere other than Atlanta
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 30, 2017, 03:58 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

My guess is Kyle (and Ibaka) will be back in Toronto.

Hayward will end up in Boston. Utah is rumored to be working a deal with Minny on Rubio. And Hayward wanted Utah to keep George Hill (which doesn't seem likely now). Would be really funny if he went to Miami though.

Griffin will stay in LAC and get a 5 year max.

I wish Millsap came to Toronto.. but I suspect he'll be off to Houston in a S&T deal.

Comment

word is minny is trying to send rubio to the Jazz.......a domino?

Comment

Everyone plays for the Raptors

Comment

i don't like the idea of teague for Minny. If I were them, i'd be going after Hill, seems like a great fit for that group considering Butler, Wiggins and Towns are or can be high usage guys. Would fit them defensively really nice as well.

Comment

I just can't see Hayward leaving Utah. They're such a better team than Boston it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
              I just can't see Hayward leaving Utah. They're such a better team than Boston it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              BOS is in the much easier conference that is about to be wide open in a year. The only incentive to go back to Utah is the money not to mention BOS actually finished with a better record than Utah and has more cap space and more assets than any other team in the league to make things happen...

As for the rest, my guess is Blake cashes in on Lost City, Lowry runs out of options and pretends this is the only option he wanted, Millsap will almost definitely end up elsewhere its just a matter of who and I think there is an outside chance Hayward goes to Beantown just because he will be adored there and the aforementioned easier path to Finals appearances instead of being bounced out every year by one of GS, SAS or HOU.

Comment

Blake Griffin plans to reach agreement on a five-year, $173 million deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell The Vertical.

Comment

Paul George to OKC....No one saw that coming. No one. He went for a young big who can shoot with room to get better and a SG who struggles a bit but still has some room to grow.

Pretty good price for what could be a rental but you never know. George might hit it off with Westbrook and want to stay. At least OKC has a year to try to sell it. A year more than Danny Ainge has.

The big loser here is Danny. It's a huge loss. I get that the price would be higher for an eastern conference team but that piker Ainge has once again missed out. If Hayward re ups in Utah Danny will have through either being cheap, shortsighted or so risk averse wasted a ton of cap space and devalued his draft picks.

Boston is going to have to pay Thomas and Bradley and Smart next year or likely lose them. If he pays and keeps them he is going to be almost unable to use all those picks he has amassed and get them on the 15 man roster. He has two 1st round guys stashed already ...he had to cut another last year and might have to do the same this year. He really has jammed himself with his inability to pull the trigger.

Ainge has simply sat on all his investment capital and the targets he should have bought are all gone. He would be fired in most businesses for that. Butler, George, Cousins, Griffin and Durant are pretty much off the market. Now what. Paul Milsap isn't going to make you all that much better and he is what's left.

Wait for it though...Danny is waiting for Davis or Lebron next year.

Going to be a long summer in Chowdertown wondering just WTF happened. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of insufferable pinheads.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 30, 2017, 10:49 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

Danny is always waiting.

Can't see PG staying. Westbrook is Westbrook. They won't win enough and OKC has great fans but not much else.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Paul George to OKC....No one saw that coming. No one. He went for a young big who can shoot with room to get better and a SG who struggles a bit but still has some room to grow.

Pretty good price for what could be a rental but you never know. George might hit it off with Westbrook and want to stay. At least OKC has a year to try to sell it. A year more than Danny Ainge has.

The big loser here is Danny. It's a huge loss. I get that the price would be higher for an eastern conference team but that piker Ainge has once again missed out. If Hayward re ups in Utah Danny will have through either being cheap, shortsighted or so risk averse wasted a ton of cap space and devalued his draft picks.

Boston is going to have to pay Thomas and Bradley and Smart next year or likely lose them. If he pays and keeps them he is going to be almost unable to use all those picks he has amassed and get them on the 15 man roster. He has two 1st round guys stashed already ...he had to cut another last year and might have to do the same this year. He really has jammed himself with his inability to pull the trigger.

Ainge has simply sat on all his investment capital and the targets he should have bought are all gone. He would be fired in most businesses for that. Butler, George, Cousins, Griffin and Durant are pretty much off the market. Now what. Paul Milsap isn't going to make you all that much better and he is what's left.

Going to be a long summer in Chowdertown wondering just WTF happened. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of insufferable pinheads.
                      Yep there's always something to be said for being a first-mover. Ainge got gun-shy with his assets and now the only play they really have left is Hayward or maybe Cousins next year. Really poor use of their assets to this point. Two meh draft picks with their picks the last 2 years in Tatum and Brown who don't really look to have star potential as well.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        i don't like the idea of teague for Minny. If I were them, i'd be going after Hill, seems like a great fit for that group considering Butler, Wiggins and Towns are or can be high usage guys. Would fit them defensively really nice as well.
                        so true but at least it decreased lowry's leverages. Works in our favour xD

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Comment

With the Cavs not adding anyone, the Chowderheads remaining unchanged (though they could land Hayward..low odds though) and the Whiz also remaining virtually the same it looks like the Raps will reload and bring the band back for a couple more runs at it.

So what are they going to have to pay Kyle ?

Compares are
                            Mike Conley at 5/30.
                            Jrue Holiday 5/25
                            Jeff Teague 3/19
                            Chris Paul 1/26 as an opt in

Conley got his deal last year when money was being thrown with a little less regard. Holiday signing looks like a bit of an overpay and Teague looks like an underpay vs what Holiday was gifted with. Paul is an outlier in that he opted in to an older deal but it's a mark on the trend line.

Kyles leverage is that he could play in Denver or in Comedy Central in the Mecca. It's not much but that's what's out there right now. Ujiri s leverage is a little better given the above.

Think the range is either 3/75 or 4/90. The longer it goes..the less Kyles leverage gets as Ujiri might think petulant Kyle won't have his heart in it and maybe he moves on.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 1, 2017, 12:22 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

kyle will get 4/110 min IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X