Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Soccer is the best sport on Earth so works for them
    Lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Lol
      95k Australians singing English club's anthem in Australia.

Fighting

Good times

Special moments

Soccer has everything.

Fighting and good times happen every single game!
      Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jul 8, 2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Fighting

Good times

Special moments

Soccer has everything.

Yeah the fan experience at those games is out of this world. I've been to a few red star Belgrade games and it's absolutely insane if you sit (more like stand/jump) in the fan section. I Wish fan culture in NBA was at least a little more intense.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Fighting

Good times

Special moments

Soccer has everything.

The reason soccer is the worlds most popular sport is because anyone with 2 feet and a ball can play it: so basically 99% of the world (you can hand make a ball). It's also the home of the worst diving in sports, and sometimes up to 30 40 minutes of literally nothing happening, just midfielders working it back and forth. Nothing against fans of it, but no sport can claim to be the best in the world, just because more people like it. If that was the case then the backstreet boys would be in the hall of fame
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The reason soccer is the worlds most popular sport is because anyone with 2 feet and a ball can play it: so basically 99% of the world (you can hand make a ball). It's also the home of the worst diving in sports, and sometimes up to 30 40 minutes of literally nothing happening, just midfielders working it back and forth. Nothing against fans of it, but no sport can claim to be the best in the world, just because more people like it. If that was the case then the backstreet boys would be in the hall of fame
            This sport has everything.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jul 8, 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Meh. More revenue for the owners and players that doesn't come from my pocket. What's not to like? They even kind of hid the patches, unlike the monstrosities in BKN, for example.
              Can we get a break on salary cap with this?

Comment

The Backstreet Boys aren't in the hall of fame
                ?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Can we get a break on salary cap with this?
                  Next year the cap might be higher if league revenues are higher, if that's what you mean.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

meh, gif won't play

suffice to say 'hard pass' on soccer anything

especially whoring players as walking billboards

post no bills

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      Now is the time to buy a jersey before you have to buy one with an ad on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Exactly my thoughts. I really hope they don't go the WNBA route, those jerseys are ugly. Half the time you can't even see the team logo, especially on TV. Who would want to wear this with ads taking up the majority?

Minnesota Lynx Jersey
                      Last edited by We Tha North; Sun Jul 9, 2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        meh, gif won't play

suffice to say 'hard pass' on soccer anything

especially whoring players as walking billboards

post no bills
                        They became walking billboards when they started signing shoe deals.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post

Thoughts on this, guys? I'm angry that were seeing ads on jerseys.... and that our Raptors just have to go ahead and do this.
                          You can look at it another way though. Steps like these increase the league's revenue streams which leads to an even healthier NBA busniess and a more lucrative NBA for all those players we root for.

As long as they don't go all to hell with it I'm 'ok' with it.

Comment

It's less in your face than US broadcasts that license every possible segment of the game. "KFC Buckets Shot Chart " etc.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Remember when boards in hockey didn't have ads? Looks weird by today's standards, doesn't it (in addition to refs not wearing helmets).

We'll eventually get to a point where logos on jerseys don't bat an eye, either.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Remember when boards in hockey didn't have ads? Looks weird by today's standards, doesn't it (in addition to refs not wearing helmets).

We'll eventually get to a point where logos on jerseys don't bat an eye, either.
                                Damn, the 1986 ASG in Hartford. Nice one.

I'm hoping that one day sleeved jerseys will be to the NBA what Cooperall pants are to hockey (but I suspect the NBA is creating jersey space for ads):

Last edited by S.R.; Tue Jul 11, 2017, 05:31 PM.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X