No announcement yet.

Some sad news, guys: Sun Life Financial named Jersey Sponsor of Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sad news, guys: Sun Life Financial named Jersey Sponsor of Toronto Raptors

Thoughts on this, guys? I'm angry that were seeing ads on jerseys.... and that our Raptors just have to go ahead and do this.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Some sad news, guys: Sun Life Financial named Jersey Sponsor of Toronto Raptors

Cody73 wrote: View Post
    From @RWesthead: Sun Life Financial becomes Raptors jersey sponsor: https://t.co/UAk9Oz10HC pic.twitter.com/XMwQ6DiAid— TSN (@TSN_Sports) July 6, 2017

Thoughts on this, guys? I'm angry that were seeing ads on jerseys.... and that our Raptors just have to go ahead and do this.

The full scene is appropriate for this thread.
    Last edited by Maury; Thu Jul 6, 2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Meh. More revenue for the owners and players that doesn't come from my pocket. What's not to like? They even kind of hid the patches, unlike the monstrosities in BKN, for example.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

I don't buy jerseys. Can't even see them when watching the game either so I don't care.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Inevitable, more money for the billionaires.

With the way they've been channeling recent logo redesigns towards small, patch-like shapes, I wonder if they aren't gradually working towards full blown soccer-type jersey ads with team logos as patches where they've now got the ads. The main pushback on that would come from legacy franchises.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Could not care less. Don't know why anyone would care. It doesn't affect the game at all and you won't even be able to see that on the jersey unless you're looking for it. I get that in certain cases there is a lot of history and meaning behind uniform but that is not the case for 90% of teams where they change their uniforms every other year and are constantly rolling out third and fourth jerseys, military jerseys, throwback jerseys, etc.

Unless you're a fan of the Yankees or a handful of other teams you shouldn't even be allowed to care about this....

Comment

Soccer has gone so far as to use sponsor logos as their MAIN logo, and it's still the most popular sport in the world. I think the NBA will be just fine, even if the jerseys get uglier.

Comment

I also could not care less. Give it one season and it'll stop looking weird and out of place.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Soccer has gone so far as to use sponsor logos as their MAIN logo, and it's still the most popular sport in the world. I think the NBA will be just fine, even if the jerseys get uglier.

Chevrolet is paying $550+ million over 7 years for these uniforms tho

Yokohama Tyres are paying $50m annually. Clubs can use this money as Financial Fair Play leeway and spend it on players.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jul 6, 2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Yuck
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Meh. More revenue for the owners and players that doesn't come from my pocket. What's not to like? They even kind of hid the patches, unlike the monstrosities in BKN, for example.
                        You got the more revenue part right. Won't help joe fan in any way, they're only wanting to be richer, not save us a buck
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not an issue the way it's proposed. It's not a distraction imo and that's fine. It had to happen. The monstrosity is English soccer PL where the team logo is actually dwarfed by that of the sponsoring company....by size multiples. Of course the Euro Hockey leagues take it to another level where the players are a skating advert...can anyone tell which team is playing whom...lol?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Could not care less. Don't know why anyone would care. It doesn't affect the game at all and you won't even be able to see that on the jersey unless you're looking for it. I get that in certain cases there is a lot of history and meaning behind uniform but that is not the case for 90% of teams where they change their uniforms every other year and are constantly rolling out third and fourth jerseys, military jerseys, throwback jerseys, etc.

Unless you're a fan of the Yankees or a handful of other teams you shouldn't even be allowed to care about this....
                            "Shouldn't even be allowed to care about this"

Great attitude. You must really be looking forward to when the team is renamed the Tim Horton's Timbits.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Not an issue the way it's proposed. It's not a distraction imo and that's fine. It had to happen. The monstrosity is English soccer PL where the team logo is actually dwarfed by that of the sponsoring company....by size multiples. Of course the Euro Hockey leagues take it to another level where the players are a skating advert...can anyone tell which team is playing whom...lol?
                              Where do you think we're headed next?

I can't believe people are defending--worse, are in favor of--this nonsense. It's an embarrassment to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X