The OPTIMISTIC Everything 2017 Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I love that we were able to get Lowry back in a 3 year term. Most of last year guys were predicting at least 4, and possibly 5. Lowry's birthday is in March.. so he'll be 34 when his contract ends (and would have just turned 34 that year).

Allen Iverson lost his step when he turned 33.. and that was a decade back. With technology/conditioning the way it is, I could see Lowry still performing well at 34 (maybe not optimally, but that's fine.. he'll be an expiring contract then).
    Yeah, we have the oddly cratering PG market to thank for that. Worked out great for us though.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Boston trades Bradley to the Pistons for a Morris twin.

This has got to hurt the Chowder heads and by extension help the rest of the east who are in that tier. Can't think the Boston guys expected that. Of the three that were on the block thought it was Smart or Crowder who was going to have to go. Crowder is now going to start behind Hayward which will rankle him a bit and Smart in my view isn't the player that Bradley is due his poor shooting.

Bradley is a really good on ball defender and fluke or not he shot 39% from 3 last year. Smart is capable of backfilling the defense but he just doesn't shoot very well at all. He has the Micheal Carter Williams air ball stroke from 3..

As the dust settles the Chowders do get Hayward ... but to get him they have had to let go a lot of rebounding in Olynky/Amir/Zeller on a team that wasn't good at it to start with, have parted with some good to very good permiter defense which is hard to find and they look to have regressed a little on the three point line. More shots for Isiah I guess.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        Bruno didn't get you going??? #FakeFan
        I said, from the get-go.

And I wasn't excited about Bruno at the time of his drafting. Nobody had ever heard of him, and DX rushed to put out a page for him. Even here the general feeling at the time was "wtf?" He was considered a reach, not a steal.

After learning about him I was cautiously optimistic. I was excited during his first game, and then after that it's just been a slow drip of "hopefully this is the year".

Hopefully this is the year!

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I said, from the get-go.

And I wasn't excited about Bruno at the time of his drafting. Nobody had ever heard of him, and DX rushed to put out a page for him. Even here the general feeling at the time was "wtf?" He was considered a reach, not a steal.

After learning about him I was cautiously optimistic. I was excited during his first game, and then after that it's just been a slow drip of "hopefully this is the year".

Hopefully this is the year!
          OH PLEASE, I knew he was gonna be greatness from the moment Commissioner Silver tried to announce his name.

It's all paying off now, he just won a championship. Do they get rings or ribbons for that one?

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Boston trades Bradley to the Pistons for a Morris twin.

This has got to hurt the Chowder heads and by extension help the rest of the east who are in that tier. Can't think the Boston guys expected that. Of the three that were on the block thought it was Smart or Crowder who was going to have to go.
            One of them still has to go, because the reason Boston had to move one of them was to make salary room for Hayward's max deal, and trading Bradley for Morris only frees up three million and they still need to make room. Of course, now they can do it by renouncing Jonas Jerebko.

Comment

If we tank in 3 years will we be able to go for RJ Barrett?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Honestly, I'll be surprised if Barrett doesn't re-classify as a senior this fall so he can go to college in 2018 - and thus qualify for the 2019 draft. But even if he doesn't, he'll be a one-and-done for the 2020 draft, which will be the draft immediately after the last year of Kyle, Serge and DeMar's contracts (when DeMar opts out, which he will). So odds aren't great.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, I'll be surprised if Barrett doesn't re-classify as a senior this fall so he can go to college in 2018 - and thus qualify for the 2019 draft. But even if he doesn't, he'll be a one-and-done for the 2020 draft, which will be the draft immediately after the last year of Kyle, Serge and DeMar's contracts (when DeMar opts out, which he will). So odds aren't great.
                  If the latter scenario, and if the team proves to peter out faster than expected, the team might have a fire sale in 2019-20 and drop off a year early to get a shot at him. Never know.

Still, yes, unlikely.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

lol. took 2 pages before the optimistic thread turned to tanking for barrett and the response was to debate if we can make the timelines match.

Comment

As per his agent doesn't seem like the Grizz are interested in bringing back JaMychal Green. Apparently he has two offer sheets and two s/t scenarios on the table. Hasnt heard from the Grizz yet

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                        lol. took 2 pages before the optimistic thread turned to tanking for barrett and the response was to debate if we can make the timelines match.
                        Tanking for Barrett? I only see positives there

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          One of them still has to go, because the reason Boston had to move one of them was to make salary room for Hayward's max deal, and trading Bradley for Morris only frees up three million and they still need to make room. Of course, now they can do it by renouncing Jonas Jerebko.
                          Yes I had read somewhere that they had to waive Zeller, which they did, renounce the cap holds for Olynyk, Jerebco, Johnson , Mickey, stash a couple of last years firsts in Europe AND have to trade One of Smart,Bradley or Crowder to get to the spot they needed to.

They get there...but didn't figure Bradley as the guy who would go from the starters.

The bench is going to be light on experience. Tatum may be good but it's pretty long odds a rookie contributes big minutes and has a material impact on the season.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jul 7, 2017, 05:14 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Isn't he like 16? Riggin for Wiggins? Scurry for Jamal Murray? NEED TRISTAN THOMPSON??

You guys need to let go of this "next great Canadian hope" bullshit. Let's just get players.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Isn't he like 16? Riggin for Wiggins? Scurry for Jamal Murray? NEED TRISTAN THOMPSON??

You guys need to let go of this "next great Canadian hope" bullshit. Let's just get players.
                              Trust. Those others were false saviors. RJ Barrett is the real deal.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

keonclark wrote: View Post
                                isn't he like 16? Riggin for wiggins? Scurry for jamal murray? Need tristan thompson??

You guys need to let go of this "next great canadian hope" bullshit. Let's just get players.
                                tyler ennis!!!
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X