Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

From ESPN today:

What did the first year of Victor Wembanyama teach the coaching staff and front office? The Spurs were minus-0.5 points per 100 possessions with Wembanyama at center and minus-13.1 when he played power forward.
    Not doubting the numbers, just pointing out they were starting Sandro at C to end the season, not Wemby.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Not doubting the numbers, just pointing out they were starting Sandro at C to end the season, not Wemby.
      Wow, how about this guy for us?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Exactly, next year will be and should be a 'sink or swim' season with a roster that leans younger but with a capable core. We don't need to go out of our way to add win-now vets, we can roll with our under-25 core and if they are really struggling, then we can jettison Jak for a healthy return and pile on to enact a soft-tank.

If the team comes together lead by the young core + veteran Jak, then...playoffs baby.
        I have zero confidence in mgmts ability to get a healthy return for poeltl. Apparently trying to move up in the draft after giving our 8th for poeltl i wanna puke

Giving away the 8th and that late first was a horrible move. This team is bad but whats worse is we dont have valuable trade chips. If we had some blue chips at least thered be hope. We got scottie, rjs contract is decent, dicks value is good. Maybe IQ, shit all after that. Even if unproven you can attach hope to new rookie contracts in trades. No one wants our scrap pile mcdaniels, freedom liberty or poeltl for 20x4

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I have zero confidence in mgmts ability to get a healthy return for poeltl. Apparently trying to move up in the draft after giving our 8th for poeltl i wanna puke

Giving away the 8th and that late first was a horrible move. This team is bad but whats worse is we dont have valuable trade chips. If we had some blue chips at least thered be hope. We got scottie, rjs contract is decent, dicks value is good. Maybe IQ, shit all after that. Even if unproven you can attach hope to new rookie contracts in trades. No one wants our scrap pile mcdaniels, freedom liberty or poeltl for 20x4
          It's good year to be bad at least. 2025 draft has some real franchise players in it. I'm just really glad we conveyed the Jak pick this year and don't have to worry about it next season. Giving up the 8th pick next year would be catastrophic.

Comment

I don't think this offseason is a good time to trade Jak. Close to the deadline with only two more years (one being a PO), we'll have suitors for him. We do have trade chips (incl. all our draft picks going forward), but we're still in the asset-accumulation phase of the rebuild.

Comment

We have 4 solid young prospects to build around if we so choose, an All-Star in there, a Top-10-ish center, and all of our picks, and then some.
              What are you even talking about?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

We have 4 solid young prospects to build around if we so choose, an All-Star in there, a Top-10-ish center, and all of our picks, and then some.
                What are you even talking about?
                As mentioned barnes ya, rj, quickley and hopefully dick. Unfortunately these guys with “top 10 C” poeltl were less than stellar. After them Brown, Olynyk, mcdaniels, freeman liberty, agabaji is what Im talking about. Theres nothing in the cupboards. Even precious had more value and potential in trade than those guys

and dont say we have all of our picks when 8 is going to SA in a few weeks
                Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Sat Jun 15, 2024, 06:37 AM.

Comment

As mentioned barnes ya, rj, quickley and hopefully dick. Unfortunately these guys with “top 10 C” poeltl were less than stellar. After them Brown, Olynyk, mcdaniels, freeman liberty, agabaji is what Im talking about. Theres nothing in the cupboards. Even precious had more value and potential in trade than those guys

So you think this is it, the roster will not be better in october because we lost our pick and Precious had, in your opinion, more potential/value than our current signed bench players?

I’m happy with being a bit more optimistic about my favorite team.

Comment

That "were less than stellar" group played all of 3 games together and won 2. Then won again without Barnes, before Poeltl broke his finger.

As for your Precious, only 1 Free Agent ranking list goes down far enough to include him, at #46. Brown is #22, Trent jr. #28. His value is more in your mind than in reality.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba...e-this-summer/

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Precious is likely a $10M player at best. Where the MLE is $13M. Knicks will bring him back since he's an RFA and no team is going to out bid them. But even though Precious is Precious.. would still take him over McDaniels. That was such a terrible pick up last year.

Comment

I don't think this offseason is a good time to trade Jak. Close to the deadline with only two more years (one being a PO), we'll have suitors for him. We do have trade chips (incl. all our draft picks going forward), but we're still in the asset-accumulation phase of the rebuild.
                        I want to tank this year right out of the gate. And I know that's not what management will do. But I think "hope" can be sold this off season more than "winning" to the casuals. If they are hovering in the play-in by the deadline do you think they would move Jak still?

The decision is easier I think if they can draft a center.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I want to tank this year right out of the gate. And I know that's not what management will do. But I think "hope" can be sold this off season more than "winning" to the casuals. If they are hovering in the play-in by the deadline do you think they would move Jak still?

The decision is easier I think if they can draft a center.
                          It’s still a hyoercompetitive league right so wins are going to be hard to come by unless we are somehow legit good (which would be pretty cool, no?).

The soft-tank move of the offseason is to get under the cap (ie walk away from BB and Trent) and use the space to absorb dead salary paired with picks.

Comment

It’s still a hyoercompetitive league right so wins are going to be hard to come by unless we are somehow legit good (which would be pretty cool, no?).

The soft-tank move of the offseason is to get under the cap (ie walk away from BB and Trent) and use the space to absorb dead salary paired with picks.
                            I think there is a chance of the team becoming a bit mediocre with Jak. Like hovering around 9th/10th in the East (about 33-35 wins). Even if we bring in a bad contract for our cap space. Atlanta made the play-in with 36 wins.

I really don't want to get into the play-in and lose, and then not move to the top 4 of the draft. I think that would be a worst case scenario for me. And if we're around the play-in at the deadline, I don't think we trade Jak to try and move out of it.

With all that said, I would be very surprised if they did trade Jak. And I don't think we'll get a great pick because of that (great being a top 6-7 pick).

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

That "were less than stellar" group played all of 3 games together and won 2. Then won again without Barnes, before Poeltl broke his finger.

As for your Precious, only 1 Free Agent ranking list goes down far enough to include him, at #46. Brown is #22, Trent jr. #28. His value is more in your mind than in reality.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba...e-this-summer/
                              Ok so your confident this starting five when healthy can be successful Im not. Not yet anyway

I hated precious i was saying while he was under rookie contract he had value at that price. Theres no value in brown or trent at this point

Comment

Ok so your confident this starting five when healthy can be successful Im not. Not yet anyway

I hated precious i was saying while he was under rookie contract he had value at that price. Theres no value in brown or trent at this point
                                Those starting 5 are OK, but yeah, other than Jak, they're a few years from their prime. The teams problem is depth, again. Definite value in Trent. Every team values gravity guys. Needs players around him to allow him to stay in his lane and not have to self-create. Brown has value as well, but definitely not $23 million of value.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X