Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do demarre carolls words have merit?

https://youtu.be/qJTzXwmBC8s
    When Carroll was traded he had some words for Toronto ISO ball and lack of defence
    Ujiri in a press conference "let's call it the day of excuses" https://youtu.be/bVWfBe8ajAg said they are "now" starting to look into things? I mean this has been going on for awhile now.

ISO ball by demar derozan
    https://youtu.be/mN6UmF5RXrw
    And poor defence by our star players
    https://youtu.be/OMomk-BIBoc

So my questions why all the outrage from carolls words the league and national media know what's going on.

Maybe, just maybe the raptors can start looking into a real offense. The spurs have mastered the motion offense mixed in with the triangle why can't we do the same ?

https://youtu.be/iy2yc8-A0GE

Short answer is yes and no.

Does the offense need revamping? Yes. We lost T-Ross which hurt ALOT. We have a better T Ross now. We also need to spread the ball around but that doesn't mean Demarre is 100% correct.

Derozan played best when he was forced to play the playmaker it opened things up a lot. It made him improve.

Throughout the season I saw guys like Demarre get good shots but then fail to make them consistently. This would have made a big difference and would have lead to more ball movement.

Comment

Short answer is yes and no.

Does the offense need revamping? Yes. We lost T-Ross which hurt ALOT. We have a better T Ross now. We also need to spread the ball around but that doesn't mean Demarre is 100% correct.

Derozan played best when he was forced to play the playmaker it opened things up a lot. It made him improve.

Throughout the season I saw guys like Demarre get good shots but then fail to make them consistently. This would have made a big difference and would have lead to more ball movement.

Comment

Are you talking about Cj miles yes he is better. It what I said for years is I don't think the raptors have the basketball iq to run better sets. Derozan has been quoted S he needs the ball in his hands

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
          Are you talking about Cj miles yes he is better. It what I said for years is I don't think the raptors have the basketball iq to run better sets. Derozan has been quoted S he needs the ball in his hands
          I think that when you have better shooters he gives the ball up. He passed quite a bit to ibaka.

Comment

I don't think they're NOW starting to notice our style of play. We've been successful playing a certain way it's not like we were going to drastically change the offense the year after we went to the ecf. You can say "well they should have changed it after 2015" but our defense was the huge concern after that sweep not our offense. When you're a top 4 seed for 4 years straight and in the midst of the most success the franchise has ever had you're not going to drastically change things until the wheels completely fall off, whether people want to hear it or not.

Comment

Yes the team doesn't pass much. No, that's not the reason he missed open layups and was complete dog shit on the offensive end.

Comment

npu wrote: View Post
                Yes the team doesn't pass much. No, that's not the reason he missed open layups and was complete dog shit on the offensive end.
                like they passed to ibaka a lot actually because he actually hit his shots.

Comment

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...At-Point-Guard

Comment

Companion thread to this one: "Is Demarre Carroll butt hurt?"

Comment

We talk about offense too much. His defense sucked ass

the dude can fuck off. Scrub trying to improve his value
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I find it more than a little funny that 99% of this forum had 0% use for Carroll last season and now that he is gone we have his comments being discussed in about 4 separate threads. Not that the two concepts can't be mutually exclusive - I just find it funny is all. I get it from the posters who constantly use every event - and non-event - to slag the team but why anyone else cares I don't know...

Comment

No
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            I find it more than a little funny that 99% of this forum had 0% use for Carroll last season and now that he is gone we have his comments being discussed in about 4 separate threads. Not that the two concepts can't be mutually exclusive - I just find it funny is all. I get it from the posters who constantly use every event - and non-event - to slag the team but why anyone else cares I don't know...
                            I assume it's justification (for lack of a better word) against those few who claimed there was nothing wrong with the way this team scored the ball.

Comment

No they don't.

It's always easy to blame others.

I don't now how many times I yelled at my TV "Carrol you have to hit that open shot!" last year. I know it's the eye test, but if you can't hit an open shot at a decent clip than no wonder your teammates might look you off.

I loved the signing of Carrol when it first happened. I was unaware that he was hurt and I think everyone was unaware of the severity of his injury. I don't know if he ever played in a Raptors uni at 100%, maybe he won't again. That sucks.

He never worked here. His D that he prided himself in; sucked, he couldn't stay healthy, he didn't shoot well here, and he tried to play above his ability and looked like a sub from a local YMCA every time he tried to dribble.

We literally had to pay the Nets to take him off our hands. Mr. JYD 2.0 (self given knick names are always bogus) was embarrassed by what the Raps had to give up to get him out of town. He reacted, and now looks like a chump. I think it will be addition by subtraction. We will see this fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X