Raptors Republic Report Cards - Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Report Cards - Amir Johnson

Today we grade and discuss Amir Johnson who we'll hopefully see back again next season.

Amir Johnson

2009-10 Statistics

PPG 6.2
    RPG 4.8
    APG 0.6
    SPG 0.5
    BPG 0.8
    FG% 0.623
    FT% 0.638
    3P% 0.000
    MPG 17.7
    A
    30.77%
    B
    69.23%
    C
    0.00%
    D
    0.00%
    F
    0.00%

B -- Amir played well and as expected + was solid at the role asked of him (first big off the bench)
    nbaroundtable

Comment

I gave him a C. i think it is actually a C+ but that was not an option.

The C+ means that I think he played a little above what I expected of him given the number of minutes that he played and the opportunity that it finally appears he was given to be part of the offense and not just a garbage man on offense.

If I were to break it down as a split before and after the all star break and as a starter I would break it down

Before the all-star break C minus
      After the all-star break B minus
      As a stater B plus
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Apr 23, 2010, 12:21 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I gave him a B because he played above my expectation and because he is still young and developing. However, if he plays the same next year (should he sign a new deal), he won't get a B again. He needs to add some poise and became a savvy defender.

Comment

Gave the guy a B. He played better than expected but he wasn't "amazing".

Comment

I gave him a B because even though he wasn't really a threat scoring, he brought intensity every time he was in which the Raptors lacked this season. He rebounded really well both offensively and defensively. He ran the floor and got a lot of energy dunks. He was better defensively than Bargs, but really, who isn't? Overall, if he can polish his offensive game and handle bigger post players a bit better, i think he could be a better player to have in the game than Andrea.

Comment

Working...
            X